Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

Ouch!!!!!!

It just ended at US $142.50

Scary! It didn't even look new. :unsure:

Now there's another one for European buyers: eBay #150229603844 (of course not my auction).

Are the lime safaris only sold in the UK? I can't seem to find any North American online retailers selling it.

Don't know about America, but they are sold in Germany, too.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Edited to add eBay info.

The lime color isn't in the 2008 catalog that I have from Lamy, so it must either be a discontinued model or one not available through Lamy USA.

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lime color isn't in the 2008 catalog that I have from Lamy, so it must either be a discontinued model or one not available through Lamy USA.

It is considered a new color for 2008. Was not there in January.

http://www.lamy.com/products/new_products/index_eng.html

Maybe the next cataloge will have it!

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

It is considered a new color for 2008. Was not there in January.

http://www.lamy.com/products/new_products/index_eng.html

Maybe the next cataloge will have it!

nick

Oh, nice! I just emailed Lamy USA to ask about it. ;)

Oh, nice! I just emailed Lamy USA to ask about it. ;)

Keep us updated, anxious to get one!

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

Acbutler4,

They're around stateside. Haven't seen them listed on the online dealers' sites yet, but they're on the street. Call around...you'll find one!

One question to Lamy Safari users: I use the z24 in one of my safaris and the z26 converter in another. Are they interchangeable or did I just get lucky?

I know that the one with the red knob has 2 little bumps that fit the safari section, but I haven't had any issue like having the black knob convertor popping out or anything.

Opinions, experiences, anecdotes, complaints...?

Juan

One question to Lamy Safari users: I use the z24 in one of my safaris and the z26 converter in another. Are they interchangeable or did I just get lucky?

Hi Juan,

the Z24 is the "official" one, as you guessed. But you can also use the Z26, it fits and shouldn't make any problems. I used a Z26 for several years, too.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

Acbutler4,

They're around stateside. Haven't seen them listed on the online dealers' sites yet, but they're on the street. Call around...you'll find one!

Thanks! I really didn't want to have to pay the overseas shipping to Canada, so hopefully one of the stores in Vancouver will have one.

I just called Lamy USA today and they said they'll be in the warehouse from Germany 5/20. Thanks for the update! We'll be sure to pre-order them for JetPens. Also, they're going to be limited editions to go on trial in the US for about a year. I understand around 2000 pcs will be imported.

Edited by JetPens

Thanks Hans-Peter. I have one more question: Is it safe to remove the buttom that holds the clip? I've noticed that one of my safaris and my alstar don't have a clip as tight as the rest's. I suppose that removing the clip and bending it a little would help.

If so, How can it be removed?

Regards, Juan

Can someone post an updated list of the Safari and ALstar colors please?

-Tom

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

On a whim I bought some "Springs" today. Light blue with red clip. (I will post a few in the sales area at some point, but I am here in this thread only to discuss). They look nice next to my "Flame". It's odd, but I like them better now that I know the names. I haven't been much of a fan, but I like using them for underlining when I take notes (note to self...get a red one for that purpose next time). Plus, the orange is just uber cool. I was eyeing the others with renewed enthusiasm today and am really digging the style. Good thread, even if it is costing me money...

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

Can someone post an updated list of the Safari and ALstar colors please?

Safari colours

1. Savanna Green (textured)*
  2. Terracotta Orange (textured)*
  3. White (Alpin)*
  4. Light gray (Griso)*
  5. Charcoal/black/dark gray/umber (newer models textured) (S2)
  6. Yellow
  7. Red (Hot)
  8. Dark blue (Sky)
  9. Blue with yellow clip (available in Sweden)
  10. Clear demonstrator with chrome clip (Vista)
  11. Orange with red clip (Flame, 2004, LE)*
  12. Light blue with red clip (Blue & Red, 2006, LE)*
  13. Glossy black with chrome clip (Black, 2007, now a regular model)
  14. Glossy white with chrome clip (White, 2007, LE)*
  15. Light green with chrome clip (Lime, 2008, LE)

* = discontinued

LE = limited edition

Single copies and mystery pens

1. Green
  2. Teal

AL-Star colours

1. AL-Star (silver)
  2. Graphit (grayish)
  3. Silverblue (bluish, sometimes lilac)
  4. Silvergreen (greenish)
  5. "Bastian Schweinsteiger" (silver with autograph of German footballer)
  6. Ocean blue (blue, since 2007)
  7. Raspberry-coloured (2008)

I suppose that removing the clip and bending it a little would help.

If so, How can it be removed?

Hi Juan,

there is a posting on this in this thread: Clip exchange

Edit: I wouldn't recommend removing the button. Some years ago it could be screwed out easily, but Lamy switched to a (probably cheaper) plug connection.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

Edited by Hans-Peter Ording

I think of that pen as the "Smurf Pen", personally. To me a spring-y pen wouldn't be blue and red.

Skip

On a whim I bought some "Springs" today. Light blue with red clip. (I will post a few in the sales area at some point, but I am here in this thread only to discuss). They look nice next to my "Flame". It's odd, but I like them better now that I know the names. I haven't been much of a fan, but I like using them for underlining when I take notes (note to self...get a red one for that purpose next time). Plus, the orange is just uber cool. I was eyeing the others with renewed enthusiasm today and am really digging the style. Good thread, even if it is costing me money...

Kath

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

I think of that pen as the "Smurf Pen", personally. To me a spring-y pen wouldn't be blue and red.

Skip

Kath

I would think that a blue and white version would be called a "smurf"(Papa was the only one to wear red). I didn't name the pens, I just bought some.

Kath

Edited by OboeJuan

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

I received my lime green Safari today. I ordered one a week or so ago from the UK seller.

http://gergyor.com/images/safari_lime.jpg

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I just missed out on one of the original green ones on eBay. It went for e30 in the end. I might have to buy a Smurf one to make up for it :)

:unsure: I won that auction, if it was from the Dutch seller. I bid EURO 51.00.

The neat thing is that he also has two Savannah Green and two TerraCotta pens and has agreed to send me one Green + one TerraCotta, + one White, all for EURO 30.50.

Once I find the Gray Safari, I'll have ALL the production Safari colors. Now if I ever see where to find that dark green/teal pen that was pictured a few months ago.......

But. . . . . until I get the new Savannah and Terracotta from The Netherlands in my hands, they're not mine.

Skip

I just missed out on one of the original green ones on eBay. It went for e30 in the end. I might have to buy a Smurf one to make up for it :)

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

The neat thing is that he also has two Savannah Green and two TerraCotta pens and has agreed to send me one Green + one TerraCotta, + one White, all for EURO 30.50.

Once I find the Gray Safari, I'll have ALL the production Safari colors.

I got a similar offer from that seller, but I thought it was too good to be true esp. when he asked for cash.

I mean, this guy has *multiples* of the rarest Lamy Safaris (excluding the Flame) and he's willing to sell for cash?

But hey, I'm Mr Risk-Averse, so... /shrugs

btw, I think I can find a Grey Safari. Pls PM me if you're interested.

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook