Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

Wow, great pictures Heywoody! What kind of metal background did you use? It's very nice...

Our JetPens team just joined FPN. Nice to meet everyone! We're posting to find reviewers for the Lamy Safari fountain pens we got in.

http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/214_452

We have 3 Safari pens to give away for review. If you're interested and have a relevant non FPN blog/site to post the review on, please message me with your email address!

Thanks!

Edited by JetPens

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

The one on the left is the terracotta; it is actually closer to orange than red.

No demonstrator yet... still looking. I left the Vista out because I guess technically it is not a Safari. Also missing the new lime, the teal posted up in this thread and any other custom colors that are out there. The quest never ends...

Hey Jetpens, welcome first of all. I have come close to ordering something from your site several times. Maybe I will make the leap by starting my Al-Star collection. I still don't own one. I don't think you will have much trouble getting somebody to take you up on the Safari offer. If only I had a blog.

The background is just a perforated piece of gray paper that I grabbed at an art store for a project a while ago.

/Woody

The two on the left are the very early Terracotta and the Army Green (I don't remember the exact Lamy color name) from the late 80's IIRR. Both are textured, like the Charcoal pen........Got one? A Terracotta set sold on Ebay last year and I was too busy and forgot to bid. :-(

I need both of those and a grey one to complete my collection. Anyone? Anyone? Buhler? Buhler?

Skip

Terracotta Red? The demonstrator?

And I'm curious about the orange one with a black clip on the leftmost. Which model is that?

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

Woody, you forgot the new Raspberry Al-Star too. Where did you find the terracotta and green?

I too have never seen the demonstrator...maybe it was the Vista and the person only saw a prototype?

FYI, I bought an Al-Star from Asia last year that was supposed to be "Lavender". It came and it's really just an off color of the dark silver-ish blue color, but it's still neat. As you said, the hunt continues. It's fun to hunt for pens that don't cost an arm and a leg too. I can't get into collecting Waterman Patricians or something like that!

I saw that "Teal" colored pen, but the original poster never answered where he/she found the pen and they don't accept PM's. I've never heard of such a pen. I'm a little suspicious that it's a color change job via Photoshop unless I hear someone confirm that it really exists.

Skip

Hi,

The one on the left is the terracotta; it is actually closer to orange than red.

No demonstrator yet... still looking. I left the Vista out because I guess technically it is not a Safari. Also missing the new lime, the teal posted up in this thread and any other custom colors that are out there. The quest never ends...

Hey Jetpens, welcome first of all. I have come close to ordering something from your site several times. Maybe I will make the leap by starting my Al-Star collection. I still don't own one. I don't think you will have much trouble getting somebody to take you up on the Safari offer. If only I had a blog.

The background is just a perforated piece of gray paper that I grabbed at an art store for a project a while ago.

/Woody

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

The terracotta and army green version, somebody has an idea as the price they run for?

Just curious how much it will cost me in the long run ;)

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

So *that* pen is the Terracotta. Thanks!

The terracotta and army green version, somebody has an idea as the price they run for?

Well, maybe it depends on what you currently collect? If it's MBs then Safaris are pocket change...

A used Savannah Green went for about US$50 on eBay a couple of months ago. A Flame went for about US$60 I think. Haven't seen a Terracotta on eBay yet, but I've only started a few months ago.

They're very popular pens :ninja:

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

Hi,

/Woody

Wow, paper can look so professional!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes we did find enough people to review the Safari pens. ;) In the future we are opening it up to FPN reviews. So I'll post about the giveaways now and then.

The Lamy 2007 catalog I have doesn't even list those other colors. We bought every color in the catalog for our site. I'll have to keep my eyes out for the unique ones next time I go to Japan, maybe they're country specific...?

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

I don't know if they're still hard to find, but I got a lime green LE at Styl' Honore in Paris, France. He had a whole box of them.

I don't know if they're still hard to find, but I got a lime green LE at Styl' Honore in Paris, France. He had a whole box of them.

The lime green is getting easier to find every week as the shops get their order filled.

The army green is somewhat more difficult.

nick

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

The Blue and Yellow safari (Swedish special version) is a standard blue with a bright yellow clip (actually quite nice looking). I'll post a picture later today.

If anyone is interested, I do have two NoS... pm me.

P.,

Quick snapshot...

I'm curious. It's been 2 times on 2 different safari models that I see this. Just up from the body, there is kind of a spacer there that I have not seen on any safari!

Is there a reason?

thanks!

nick

Oups, picture did not follow. Please check this post for an example

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...mp;#entry544582

Here is another example with a blue safari

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;Category=7281

Edited by menick

I'm curious. It's been 2 times on 2 different safari models that I see this. Just up from the body, there is kind of a spacer there that I have not seen on any safari!

Is there a reason?

Hi Nick,

these little spacers are used for shipping to prevent the cartridge inside the pen from being opened accidentally.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Is there a reason?

Hi Nick,

these little spacers are used for shipping to prevent the cartridge inside the pen from being opened accidentally.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Quite logical! Thanks

nick

If you guys go back to the first page of this thread, there are lists of the color names. The two original colors are Savanna Green and Terracotta Orange :)

nick

If you guys go back to the first page of this thread, there are lists of the color names. The two original colors are Savanna Green and Terracotta Orange :)

Yeah, the savanna green must cost much more than the army green!

;)

Was lazy and short on time when I wrote that post.

Thanks for the reminder!

nick

I had the incredible luck to get a savanna green one for $ 8,50 including shipping. The seller offered "Buy it now" and probably didn't know what it's worth.

Regards

Hans-Peter

I had the incredible luck to get a savanna green one for $ 8,50 including shipping. The seller offered "Buy it now" and probably didn't know what it's worth.

Regards

Hans-Peter

There one on eBay now. Bidding is up to $48:

Lamy - Safari - Fountain Pen - LNIB *No Reserve*

Seller claims it doesn't appear to have been used, but the picture of the nib doesn't look too good.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

Regards

Hans-Peter

There one on eBay now. Bidding is up to $48: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lamy-Safari-Fountain-P...tem310032651068

Seller claims it doesn't appear to have been used, but the picture of the nib doesn't look too good.

Ouch!!!!!!

It just ended at US $142.50

Hans, you made a real deal at 8.50!

nick

Edited by menick

Ouch!!!!!!

It just ended at US $142.50

Scary! It didn't even look new. :unsure:

Now there's another one for European buyers: eBay #150229603844 (of course not my auction).

Are the lime safaris only sold in the UK? I can't seem to find any North American online retailers selling it.

Don't know about America, but they are sold in Germany, too.

Regards

Hans-Peter

Edited to add eBay info.

Edited by Hans-Peter Ording