• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad he doesn't allow offers. I could see myself spending 100€ on that one ;)

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently completed my Lamy Joy collection with the bottommost pen in the picture, one of the first Joys to come to market. Its endcap features a black dot. Does this look right, collectors? Any other Joy variants?http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8029/8047882044_6f470baf99_z.jpg

Ahhh - found it... I knew there was a Joy collection posted at some point on this thread (beautiful collection, Bphollin!). I don't collect the Joys but I thought I should report, in case anyone is interested, that Lamy has released a White Joy with a red clip (like the Japan Safari from a couple of years back). Has this also reached other shores or is it only in Taiwan? Chris

Lamy safari comes in more than 30 Colors / shades out of some discontinued

Lamy Al star also in more than 10 shades.

In FPN somebody posted very nice excel file about it

Thanks for color comparison with the new yellow. I'll have to get out to our local pen shop and buy acouple. Safaris are my work aday pens.

Lamy has released a White Joy with a red clip (like the Japan Safari from a couple of years back). Has this also reached other shores or is it only in Taiwan? Chris

Excellent! And of course I want one! If there are any FPNers or proxy buyers in that part of the world that could find one and ship to the USA, please let me know.

Very impressive Lamy collection bphollin. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a savannah green safari like the one above. :) Your pictures illustrate the color of the new neon yellow safari very well.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but is there a comprehensive list somewhere of all the colors the Safaris/Al-Stars have been made in? Like many others I'm starting to try to collect the out of production colors, and I'd like to have a list to go by.

• 3 weeks later...

As best as i can tell the list is as follows can anyone add or edit this list? im most of the way through this list with 9 al stars and 15 safaris.

Safaris current:

Red, Shiny Black, Blue, White, Yellow, Charcoal, Vista

Safaris discontinued or limited production:

Red/black, Blue/Black, White/Black, Yellow/Black, Savannah Green, Terracotta, Grey, Flame, French(light Blue/Red), Lime Green/Black Top, Swedish(Blue/Yellow), Orange, Pink Round Top, Pink Cross Top, Japan(white/Red), Taiwan( White/Red), Friendship, Aquamarine, Lime Green, Green Apple, Neon Yellow, White/red, Black Red, Red/red

Al-Stars current:

Graphite, Ocean Blue, Purple, Aluminum,

Al-Stars discontinued or limited production:

Black, Pearl, Coffee, Green, Ruby Red, Silver Blue, Champagn Gold, Blue Violet, Blue Star, Silvergreen, Silver with Autograph, Lilac

Edited by them700project

As best as i can tell the list is as follows can anyone add or edit this list? im most of the way through this list with 9 al stars and 15 safaris.

Safaris current:

Red, Shiny Black, Blue, White, Yellow, Charcoal, Vista

Safaris discontinued or limited production:

Red/black, Blue/Black, White/Black, Yellow/Black, Savannah Green, Terracotta, Grey, Flame, French(light Blue/Red), Lime Green/Black Top, Swedish(Blue/Yellow), Orange, Pink Round Top, Pink Cross Top, Japan(white/Red), Taiwan( White/Red), Friendship, Aquamarine, Lime Green, Green Apple, Neon Yellow, White/red, Black Red, Red/red

Al-Stars current:

Graphite, Ocean Blue, Purple, Aluminum,

Black, Pearl, Coffee, Green, Ruby Red, Silver Blue, Champagn Gold, Blue Violet, Blue Star, Silvergreen, Silver with Autograph, Lilac

Thanks for the info! Really helpful to all Lamy fans.

Do you happen to have a picture of the discontinued Al-Stars?

I googled some of them but can't find anything.

Oh, and I think you forgot Al-Star Raspberry

Edited by inotrym

Just curious. What would be the difference between the Green and the Silvergreen, and between the Pearl and the Champagne Gold? And is there really a Lilac Al-Star? Does anyone have photos of these?

Thanks!

The list appears to be flawed. Champagne and pearl are the same as well as green and silvergreen i've been using ebay as a resource for making the list and buying them up. Sorry

Was wondering the same about those. I think Pearl/Champagne are the same as are Green/Silvergreen and Silver Blue/Lilac. I think I have them all and they include:

Aluminum

Graphite

Ocean Blue

Silvergreen (regular chrome clip and steel nib)

Silvergreen (black clip and nib)

Silverblue (aka "Lilac")

Bastian Schweinsteiger (aka "Signature")

Coffee

Dark Purple (aka Black Purple or Shiraz)

Raspberry

Ruby

Pearl (aka Champagne)

Black

I'll round up my Al-Stars and snap a photo over the weekend. Might also have to gather my Studios for a group photo too. Sadly, I'm short of a few Safaris to make a decently complete collection. Those blue/yellow Swedens are expensive!

Hello,

I have found a very big bargain today!
A beautiful Lamy Safari Blue with black clip and accents, packed in blister, with one refill and a standard grey squeeze Lamy pen pouch for an unbeatable price: 4 euro!!! :yikes:

So hard to believe :unsure: and yet so real! I couldn't believe it because there where three more, all blistered and of the same color but with the regular price, only that one was marked so low.

What had you all done in my place? I think the same I did, buy it!
Yes, I am a lucky ass! :D
:D :D

Erredierre