Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

I love Lamy pens. i cant wait for the new colors to come out. i wish they would make a lavender Safari.

I am selling a New in Box Raspberry Al Star in the classified if anyone is interested. I will accept a reasonable offer.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Niiiice! I'm glad I finally got my pink Safari!

Me, too! Loaded it with Diamine Hope Pink and now it's really rockin' loudly. :cloud9:

I am almost done with my searches. I have decided to limit my collection to the chrome clips for now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151400836584291&set=a.10151400836434291.495982.612364290&type=1&relevant_count=2

This collection took a while to build, considering that I have been out of the fountain pen collecting loop for about three years, and missed out on some releases. But slowly I am finding the ones I have missed.

Left panel, top to bottom: Lamy Vista, Lamy Safari Glossy White, Safari Glossy Black, Safari Blue, Safari Aquamarine (Limited Edition for 2011), Safari Green (Limited Edition for 2012), Lamy Safari Yellow, Lamy Safari Red, Safari Pink (Limited Edition for 2009).

For the Safari line with the chrome clip, I am still missing the Orange (Limited Edition for 2009 also) and the Lime, (Limited Edition for 2008.) They are available on eBay but are now priced way above my price range.

Right panel, top to bottom: Lamy Al-Star Purple, Lamy Al-Star, Al-Star Raspberry (Limited Edition for 2008), Al-Star Ruby Red (Limited Edition for 2012).

For the Al-Star line, I am still missing the Ocean Blue and the Coffee (both are on their way). I am also missing the Icy Blue, the Icy Green, and the super-rare Lilac, which some people suspect is an urban legend, but I hope it's true, because it's a beautiful color.

And these are just the Lamy pens with the chrome clips. My significant other has two Lamys with black clips and black nibs, which are more his style. (The Lamy Safari Charcoal and the Lamy Al-Star Aluminum.) He put his foot down at two. LOL!

My son's collection consists entirely of Parker pens, but I think it's time to move him to the Lamy. The Safari Blue actually belongs to him, and it's time to give it back! He's been using fountain pens since he was about seven. His handwriting improved a lot after he began using FPs.

The last small pen at the bottom of the right panel is the Pelikan White Tortoise M400. In the center of the pen case is the Brause # 361, also known as the Blue Pumpkin.

These are pens I use everyday.

Edited by maryannemoll

Purple Al-Star (third from right). No purple Safari.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8347/8162226396_0f16e6a105_z.jpg

bphollin: The two green variants there, is the only difference the clip colour? Are they named differently? If I were to be looking for the signed one on the left what would I be hunting for ?

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

bphollin: The two green variants there, is the only difference the clip colour? Are they named differently? If I were to be looking for the signed one on the left what would I be hunting for ?

The black clip came first, was replaced by the chrome clip, then discontinued. The black clip has a black nib. A few sellers seem to have them priced way too high on eBay. If you're patient and watchful, you can snag one at a reasonable price on our classifieds or on eBay.

The signature is of footballer Bastian Schweinsteiger. I've seen a few on eBay USA in the last four months or so. It might be worth it to look on some of the regional Amazon pages (.de, .co.uk, etc) as I've seen them there, too. I got mine from eBay.co.uk last summer.

Hope this helps.

The black clip came first, was replaced by the chrome clip, then discontinued. The black clip has a black nib. A few sellers seem to have them priced way too high on eBay. If you're patient and watchful, you can snag one at a reasonable price on our classifieds or on eBay.

The signature is of footballer Bastian Schweinsteiger. I've seen a few on eBay USA in the last four months or so. It might be worth it to look on some of the regional Amazon pages (.de, .co.uk, etc) as I've seen them there, too. I got mine from eBay.co.uk last summer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does indeed. Think I'll just stick to having one of each colour, not too concerned about a footballers signature and one green one will do me :) Looking forward to the Pearl arriving.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

The Ocean Blue and the Coffee arrived for me today. Inked them up with Omas Sepia and Aurora Blue, respectively. Yay!

You got a COFFEE? Ooooo, shiny.

That Pearl looks more like gold. I have a matte gold Plaisir that might be a similar color.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

The Ocean Blue and the Coffee arrived for me today. Inked them up with Omas Sepia and Aurora Blue, respectively. Yay!

That Pearl looks more like gold. I have a matte gold Plaisir that might be a similar color.

Not so shiny, actually, and I was a little surprised at that. The darker hue may have caused the aluminum finish to look more matte than the others. The Raspberry, on the other hand, is pretty shiny. :wub:

The Pearl does look more like gold to me, too. We will know better when we get ours. Did you order yours? Or, are you planning to buy it?

Ahhh Coffee :cloud9: the one that first lured me into Fountain Pens.

The Pearl looks very good but the name and the colour don't match in my opinion.

Then Lamy's orange Royal Red Studio doesn't match its name well either.

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

The Pearl looks very good but the name and the colour don't match in my opinion.

The Coffee Al-Star is probably my favorite of the bunch. It's a silky deep brown. Very attractive in my eyes.

Just got my Pearl Al-Star today, and I agree about the name. It looks like it does in the photos, but I feel "champagne" might have been more apropos.

I feel the same about the Royal Red Studio too.

The Coffee Al-Star is probably my favorite of the bunch. It's a silky deep brown. Very attractive in my eyes.

Just got my Pearl Al-Star today, and I agree about the name. It looks like it does in the photos, but I feel "champagne" might have been more apropos.

Champagne! Now that makes more sense than Pearl. Prettier name, too. I wish they just released an iridescent white and called that Pearl instead. :rolleyes: :eureka:

But I'm still looking forward to getting the Pearl. I'm sure I'm going to love it anyway, and I do love the Coffee. It's a rich, soft brown that I like. :)

Champagne! Now that makes more sense than Pearl. Prettier name, too. I wish they just released an iridescent white and called that Pearl instead. :rolleyes: :eureka:

But I'm still looking forward to getting the Pearl. I'm sure I'm going to love it anyway, and I do love the Coffee. It's a rich, soft brown that I like. :)

When I first heard about it I hoped it would be like the Pearl White Studio but the Champagne Al-Star will be much doted upon when it arrives.

Edited by Bogon07

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

Not so shiny, actually, and I was a little surprised at that. The darker hue may have caused the aluminum finish to look more matte than the others. The Raspberry, on the other hand, is pretty shiny. :wub:

The Pearl does look more like gold to me, too. We will know better when we get ours. Did you order yours? Or, are you planning to buy it?

I plan to buy it when my usual online dealers have it...say Goulet or Jetpens. Then it will be interesting to see how the Pearl compares to the finish on my gold Plaisir.

I was browsing Safari fleabay auctions yesterday. Flame. Orange. Pale blue, red clip. Friendship. Coffee and deep green AlStars... From Germany. More than I want to pay.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Tempted by the pearl Safari, but would need to find a nice ink to go in it! But am tempted to get more of them in future anyway! :P

"Is this thing on??"