Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

And a set of the NK Sweden variations described above, delivered today.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8047883096_b66d13042f_z.jpg

blink.gif how does he do this?

Since P2P is a good soul, and since I've had three PMs asking the same thing, I will spill my Safari secret only this once!

A very kind FPN member offered to be a proxy buyer for me. Unfortunately the NK shop does not take web or phone orders (or at least they would not take a phone order from someone in the USA). I think the best bet to buy this is to go or know someone in Stokholm who can purchase in person. I recognize this is not a great solution, but it worked for me. Here is the shop contact information if you wish to try calling: http://www.nk.se/en/nk-stockholm/Contact1/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one! I think it's no more in production but good to see that it's possible to find it somewhere!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I never had any idea there were so many Safari colors. I have always liked the Safari because it is a good reliable inexpensive fountain pen.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Bphollin - very nice tray of yellows! The transitional is a tough one to find - where did you get yours? Also, it's nice to see another shiny black with red clip. I'm interested to know where yours came from. Mine was from a 500 LE release in a Taiwanese department store (similar idea to the NK releases; this time in celebration of the Safari's 30th birthday last year).

Finally, has anyone actually got the Rakuten pens? I've only ever seen photos - never the real thing...?

Edited by Uffuffa

The yellow transitional came from eBay. Regina Martini had a few up last month. I believe this was the last one she sold in the run.

The black with red is an impostor! It is just a Joy cap on the standard shiny black. Does your Taiwanese version have any special distinction, like the card that came with the red and yellow china edition or the numbered Japan model?

No Rakuten pens for me. Am I correct that they have red clips and black cap tops, unlike the NK pens that have red clips and red dots?

Complete Al-Star collection

Yer yeller!

Yeller clips

Ahhh, I love to hear that color pronounced correctly... :)

I bet Noodler's Widdamaker would look great in those!

Not really a scribe, more of a Pharisee...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

-- Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution