Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

I hereby declare the photo of the teal Safari to be a fake - it is obviously the same image as this showing a red pen.

I think you'll agree. :)

Regards

Hans-Peter

Thanks!

One less to try to find!

:P

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hereby declare the photo of the teal Safari to be a fake - it is obviously the same image as this showing a red pen.

Regards

Hans-Peter

I agree, the positioning of the pen is precisely the same in both shots.

The question now is, why would someone recolor the picture like that? :hmm1:

The plot thickens! :o

Even the original poster was unsure/unclear about it.

He posted the pic with a question mark, and he never answered the question on where he found the pic...

Good Job Mr.Hans-Peter! Mystery solved.

Andrea

Regards

Hans-Peter

I agree, the positioning of the pen is precisely the same in both shots.

The question now is, why would someone recolor the picture like that? :hmm1:

The plot thickens! :o

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

(Duplicate post in a new thread, but someone suggested that post it here for posterity)

Well I've finally finished finding all the Lamy Safaris that have been made and they're pictured here. I also have a Joy, which is their calligraphy pen. The last two to come were the Lime and Raspberry and before that the Terracotta and Savannah from the 80's.

It's especially nice to collect something that is cheap, a great writer, and very colorful. Sure, I'd love to have a complete collection of Waterman Patricians, but I don't have a spare $10-15k that it'd take to get a whole set in nice condition.

http://www.skipwilliams.com/upload/lamy-safaris-800.jpg

Skip

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

Hey Skip, that's so cool. I notice you even have the original cardboard spacer ring on one of them. Do you get them in different nib widths/styles too?

Doug

There it is, the definitive picture of all Lamy Safaris to date.

Now if I could only pic up a nice Savannah Green example.....

Hello i'm searchin for this orange lamy..do anybody know where i can get it...???

Please help me thanks :)

greest jacqueline

Well I've finally finished finding all the Lamy Safaris that have been made and they're pictured here.

Skip

Skip, what about the Lime Safari with the black clip shown on page 3 of this thread (post #65)? Are you not going to try to get that one, too? I see you have the blue with both clip colors. :)

Best, Ann

(Duplicate post in a new thread, but someone suggested that post it here for posterity)

Well I've finally finished finding all the Lamy Safaris that have been made and they're pictured here. I also have a Joy, which is their calligraphy pen. The last two to come were the Lime and Raspberry and before that the Terracotta and Savannah from the 80's.

It's especially nice to collect something that is cheap, a great writer, and very colorful. Sure, I'd love to have a complete collection of Waterman Patricians, but I don't have a spare $10-15k that it'd take to get a whole set in nice condition.

Skip

That is an amazing picture. That should get you a prize.... having found all of the colors? that's the most awesome scavenger hunt ever... but if they come out with a new color, you won't be able to fit them all in the 24 pen case... :lol:

End of line.

Hello i'm searchin for this orange lamy..do anybody know where i can get it...???

Please help me thanks :)

greest jacqueline

Ebay has some from time to time...

You can always send a request through the Wanted forum... my experience is good there.

nick

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

Well I've finally finished finding all the Lamy Safaris that have been made and they're pictured here.

Skip

Skip, what about the Lime Safari with the black clip shown on page 3 of this thread (post #65)? Are you not going to try to get that one, too? I see you have the blue with both clip colors. :)

Best, Ann

Hi Ann,

To the best of my knowledge, the green with black clip is a prototype sent around by lamy to test the reaction, never a model that was sold.

(if anyone has one to sell, pm me :embarrassed_smile: )

As for the blue, the one with the silver clip is the al-star, not a plastic safari.

Nice color for this one!

nick

Yes, I have all the nib widths EF, F, M B, 1.1, 1.5, 1.9, and a custom cursive italic. The nibs are very easily swapped around, so I just make sure that I get something new with either an EF, F, or M, to have extra nibs on hand.

Skip

Hey Skip, that's so cool. I notice you even have the original cardboard spacer ring on one of them. Do you get them in different nib widths/styles too?

Doug

Skip Williams

As otherwise stated, that Lime-black-clipped pen seems to be a prototype. Actually, it'd be easy to make up, just jerk a black clip off another color and slap it onto a new, chrome-clipped Lime pen. IMO, it's nothing special. Now if there was one with green clip, then that'd be something interesting.

Yes, I have two blue plastic pens, one with the standard black clip and one with the custom yellow clip from Sweden. The pen with the chrome clip is an Al-star.

Skip

Best, Ann

Skip Williams

Thank you menick ...ich have senn one ....his price is 100 Dollar ...O.o....that too much for my opinion..i think i ask a freind of mine hehas got one if not i must look an ebay again ^^ and again tnank you

syr for my bad english...:P

greets jacky

Thank you menick ...ich have senn one ....his price is 100 Dollar ...O.o....that too much for my opinion..i think i ask a freind of mine hehas got one if not i must look an ebay again ^^ and again tnank you

syr for my bad english...:P

greets jacky

In my opinion, the only way to get the difficults one is to always be on the lookout. Some go out for pennies because people don't know the market price. You just have to be there to grab it when it comes by!

nick

Yes, I have all the nib widths EF, F, M B, 1.1, 1.5, 1.9, and a custom cursive italic. The nibs are very easily swapped around, so I just make sure that I get something new with either an EF, F, or M, to have extra nibs on hand.

Skip

Doug

There's also a MK nib.

Juan

I love the White one.... does anyone know where I can get one??? Preferably a bold, I will ask the Lamy rep that comes to my store if she knows where also??? I own a blaze with red clip in bold and a vista in medium (which I accidentally washed in the laundry) :)

Gotta ask... did it survive the laundering?

It's only an addiction if you try to stop.

• 5 months later...

There are also Lamy JOY's with a PINK clip, I made me a lime green safari with a pink clip :wub: it was a nice contrast but I gave it avay few months ago...

Yesterday I was surprised to see an Orange Safari (Flame) in a small shop for just 15 € and took it with me of course! :lol:

I have two charcoal ones. One I bought new in the 90s and the other I came across in my grandmother's things after she died. I would love to have the Savanna Green and the Terracotta Orange. A bonus for me would be the original converters. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Looks like the white, lime and even the blue version with the red clip are all available now on eBay.

I've been having fun reading this entire thread. It's as fascinating to see the different versions of Safaris and Al-Stars as it is to watch how interested FPN members are in them. Now I understand the enthusiasm surrounding any discussion about these pens.

First time I saw a Lamy Safari's picture on one of the online stores I didn't like it and didn't think I'll ever buy one.

Then I started to read the raving reviews here, and of course, I got tempted to try one. As soon as I started to write with my first Lamy Safari I fell in love. Now I have many in various colors, and they are my go to pens of choice.

By the way, my favorite color is the Lime Green, and the Raspberry and the Aluminum for the Al-Star. Gigi