Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

Yes, maybe a new thread about the custom FPN Safari could be a good idea, if someone is able to organise the custom project. I'm sure we can find 200 folks here who want a custom Safari ! :D

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, maybe a new thread about the custom FPN Safari could be a good idea, if someone is able to organise the custom project. I'm sure we can find 200 folks here who want a custom Safari ! :D

Ahem, 199 folks...

I want 2!

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

How about Mauve with Black furnishings?

YMMV

From the looks of it 200 may be too few! I'll add my vote for creating a FPN custom safari.

nah!

let's make 200, then another set of 200!

I'll then take 4!

:P

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

I have seen someone using the translucent barrel of Lamy's Balloon rollerball as barrel for the Safari fountain pen (they come in blue, orange, green and red color). That's another idea for a custom pen. But I didn't try yet if the parts really fit.

Regards

Hans-Peter

I have seen someone using the translucent barrel of Lamy's Balloon rollerball as barrel for the Safari fountain pen (they come in blue, orange, green and red color). That's another idea for a custom pen. But I didn't try yet if the parts really fit.

A "balloon" Safari is a great idea -- translucent blue or green or red with a white clip! If Lamy decides to put it into general production, let FPN be the co-designer along with Wolfgang Fabian with any royalties going to its support.

http://www.lamy.com/productFragments/e34/e1308/e2252/311balloongreen_gross_ger_eng.jpg

Of course, the shape would be different. I'm thinking the easiest thing would be to make a Vista out of colored material (with a white clip). But if they fountainpenize a Balloon, I'd definitely be okay with that too. What do you think?

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have a Safari in the classic Pan-African colour scheme red/yellow/green. I tried to create a picture. I didn't hit the colours right, but I think you get the idea. Unfortunately this pen won't be possible, because there is no green cap (it was said in this thread that only the clip colour can be customized).

Regards

Hans-Peter

post-4118-1210178313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hans-Peter Ording

• 2 weeks later...

Custom Safari sounds like a brilliant Idea! Would defently buy one.. or more...

Even if the numbers couldn't be got for a complete custom colour scheme... perhaps there could be a FPN Branded safari.. they do custom printing in numbers as low as 25 I think...

• 4 weeks later...

LamiSafari.zip

Hello,

I am a big fan of this thread, and I'd like to bring my contribution.

Attached is a spreadsheet I made where all the info available on this same thread are grouped.

Not all the fields are complete, and I will appreciate your contribution, especially on the "Introduction Year" column.

An additional feature is that every member can download it and add his own name and which Safaris he's got. This way we can build up some sort of "census" of the FPN Safaris!!

Just for fun...

Regards,

Andrea

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Thanks Andrea! Very interesting, informative... and fun.

As it says at Lamy.com and as you note on your sheet, the design was by "Entwicklungsgruppe Mannheim, Prof. Bernt Spiegel." Yet when you click on a Safari pen, the design credit goes to Wolfgang Fabian. Does anyone know why that is?

Doug

As it says at Lamy.com and as you note on your sheet, the design was by "Entwicklungsgruppe Mannheim, Prof. Bernt Spiegel." Yet when you click on a Safari pen, the design credit goes to Wolfgang Fabian. Does anyone know why that is?

I'm guessing it was a joint project. Wolfgang Fabian designed the pen but perhaps he came onboard the project via Entwicklungsgruppe Mannheim (founded by Prof Bernt Spiegel) -- a market psychology and product development firm.

Anyway, Lamy unambiguously credits Wolfgang Fabian only as the designer.

http://www.lamy.com/the_company/product_in.../index_eng.html

Design Deutschland credits all three :D

http://www.bundespreis.de/index.php?id=784

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't pay attention to the fact that there is a difference between special and limited editions. So here's a little update, if you don't mind. :)

Safari colours

1. Savanna Green (textured)*
  2. Terracotta Orange (textured)*
  3. White (Alpin)*
  4. Light gray (Griso)*
  5. Charcoal/black/dark gray/umber (newer models textured) (S2)
  6. Yellow (Safari)
  7. Red (Hot)
  8. Dark blue (Sky)
  9. Blue with yellow clip (available in Sweden)
  10. Clear demonstrator with chrome clip (Vista)
  11. Orange with red clip (Flame, 2004, SE)*
  12. Light blue with red clip (Blue & Red, 2006, SE)*
  13. Glossy black with chrome clip (Black, 2007, now a regular model)
  14. Glossy white with chrome clip (White, 2007, SE)*
  15. Light green with chrome clip (Lime, 2008, SE)

* = discontinued

Single copies and mystery pens

1. Green
  2. Teal

AL-Star colours

1. AL-Star (silver)
  2. Graphit (grayish)
  3. Silverblue (bluish, sometimes lilac)
  4. Silvergreen (greenish)
  5. "Bastian Schweinsteiger" (silver with autograph of German footballer)
  6. Ocean Blue (blue, since 2007)
  7. Raspberry (2008)

Regards

Hans-Peter

I didn't pay attention to the fact that there is a difference between special and limited editions. So here's a little update, if you don't mind. :)

I'm not sure I understand (maybe missed another thread or something).

Can you give more details?

nick

LamiSafari.zip

Hello,

I am a big fan of this thread, and I'd like to bring my contribution.

Attached is a spreadsheet I made where all the info available on this same thread are grouped.

Not all the fields are complete, and I will appreciate your contribution, especially on the "Introduction Year" column.

An additional feature is that every member can download it and add his own name and which Safaris he's got. This way we can build up some sort of "census" of the FPN Safaris!!

Just for fun...

Regards,

Andrea

Thanks for the file.

I'll try to add all I know when I have a moment... Would be nice to have all the texture details (when and what), the "mold" details (seems to be 2 types of way to make caps... the snap in and screw in version).... etc!

nick

Hi Nick,

on this board I learned that limited editions are pens that are produced in a limited number. The Lamy special editions were only produced in a limited time, they are annual editions. But they weren't limited in number (at least they produced enough of them to make them available everywhere) and they weren't numbered, so you can't say "oh, I have pen #50 out of 100". I hope you understand. :)

Regards

Hans-Peter

Hi Nick,

on this board I learned that limited editions are pens that are produced in a limited number. The Lamy special editions were only produced in a limited time, they are annual editions. But they weren't limited in number (at least they produced enough of them to make them available everywhere) and they weren't numbered, so you can't say "oh, I have pen #50 out of 100". I hope you understand. :)

Regards

Hans-Peter

Now that you have said it, I should have understood by myself... :headsmack:

I hereby declare the photo of the teal Safari to be a fake - it is obviously the same image as this showing a red pen.

I think you'll agree. :)

Regards

Hans-Peter

Edited by Hans-Peter Ording