Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

:unsure: I won that auction, if it was from the Dutch seller. I bid EURO 51.00.

The neat thing is that he also has two Savannah Green and two TerraCotta pens and has agreed to send me one Green + one TerraCotta, + one White, all for EURO 30.50.

Once I find the Gray Safari, I'll have ALL the production Safari colors. Now if I ever see where to find that dark green/teal pen that was pictured a few months ago.......

But. . . . . until I get the new Savannah and Terracotta from The Netherlands in my hands, they're not mine.

Skip

I just missed out on one of the original green ones on eBay. It went for e30 in the end. I might have to buy a Smurf one to make up for it :)

The seller really seems to have more... he added another auction for a green one!

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never thought the lime green Safari was a LE. The local pen shop (Utrecht, NL) has a whole cardboard presentation box full of them. [

Hi Vaiar, they are talking about the original green ones, not the lime, which is new. The other ones were kind of day old pea soup colour...

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

Hans Peter in page 12 of this thread mentions the lime green version as a 2008 LE.

It is a limited edition, but for a widespread model.

It is not limited to 100 only. It will be sold for a year, and there should be a fairly good amount produced this year. But in about a year, it will be more difficult to get by.

Like the white one is getting more difficult to get.

nick

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

Concerning the ebay seller who made offers on the side, just wanted to let you know the output. I'm the one who asked the question to ship to canada (question that was on the item page). He had offered 2 savanna and 2 terracotta for 20 euro, shipped to Canada.

Got the 4 pens today! So unless he went halfway, the other who did transactions, you should expect them shortly!

Ok, now I need a gray, and an original white! :P

nick

Does the Lime Green safari come in EF point? It's calling my name. Thanks.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Does the Lime Green safari come in EF point? It's calling my name. Thanks.

They do make an EF nib for the Safari. I would imagine the Lime Greens would be available with one. If not, it would cost you $12 to buy the nib and swap it out.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

Concerning the ebay seller who made offers on the side, just wanted to let you know the output. I'm the one who asked the question to ship to canada (question that was on the item page). He had offered 2 savanna and 2 terracotta for 20 euro, shipped to Canada.

Got the 4 pens today! So unless he went halfway, the other who did transactions, you should expect them shortly!

Congrats on your sumgai spoils! :)

Edited by Readymade
Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

I've been smiling ever since.

:P

Now am looking for the others... or calm down a little... bought many lately....

nahhhh! :D

So, how is the custom safari?

nick

I've been smiling ever since.

:P

Now am looking for the others... or calm down a little... bought many lately....

nahhhh! :D

So, how is the custom safari?

nick

Out of curiosity, what kind of custom Safaris are you looking for? I tried to look at the past posts but couldn't find the reference. :unsure: A custom color?

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Out of curiosity, what kind of custom Safaris are you looking for? I tried to look at the past posts but couldn't find the reference. :unsure: A custom color?

After hearing that a shop in Sweden (if my memory is correct) ordered a custom safari (regular blue but with yellow clip... Swedish colors) in about 200 copies, people here started wondering if we could do the same for FPN and get our own custom safari for people here.

Somebody (too lazy to check who) say he would investigate.

nick

How is the special FPN Lamy Safari edition coming along? Any luck?

Friends,

Sorry for the belated response. I have checked with the local Lamy rep, who incidentally also set up the deal for the Blue and Yellow version. With a minumim order of 200 Lamy will deliver any combination of standard colours. A special FPN colour is thus not possible but an FPN combination of body, end plug and I assume clip (as the "swedish" version version had a yellow clip I guess that there are some additional freedom here - I will investigate - black and chrome are the only standard clip colours at the moment and I would hope that a bit more flexibility in the choices are available).

I would expect that different colours on cap, body and section is possible but I personally do not see any attractive combinations in that.

P.,

Pennshoppen - quality pens, inks and paper

Pennshoppen - www.penshop.se

Reservoarpennor - Reservoarpennor.se

Bloggen - Pennshoppens blogg

On facebook and twitter as well @pennshoppen

How is the special FPN Lamy Safari edition coming along? Any luck?

Friends,

Sorry for the belated response. I have checked with the local Lamy rep, who incidentally also set up the deal for the Blue and Yellow version. With a minumim order of 200 Lamy will deliver any combination of standard colours. A special FPN colour is thus not possible but an FPN combination of body, end plug and I assume clip (as the "swedish" version version had a yellow clip I guess that there are some additional freedom here - I will investigate - black and chrome are the only standard clip colours at the moment and I would hope that a bit more flexibility in the choices are available).

I would expect that different colours on cap, body and section is possible but I personally do not see any attractive combinations in that.

P.,

There's also a red clip, but yeah, doesn't sound very interesting if the only colors we can get are existing colors.

I liked the suggestion of a purple safari :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Now you've given me the idea of spraying a clip to make one in Scottish colours, for example or putting together one that's red white and blue - body, clip and grip? Red, white and blue could be the colours of many of our countries.

I got all excited at my pen store because the saleswoman had one (hers) with a gold/brass clip. Turns out she put paint thinner on it to try and get an ink stain out and it took the paint off the clip. It looked really cool, though. Doh.

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

My Ocean Blue & Raspberry Al-Stars arrived today (a UK seller had them on Ebay for a very reasonable £11 each). The raspberry one is a much warmer red than I was expecting, - more strawberry than anything else. Nice though. I blame this thread for my current Pokemon attitude towards Safaris and Al-Stars. I used to be quite happy with just the one.

And here's something else I've been fretting about. Why is it that the pale blue Safari is the only one which has a circular cap button? All the others have a cross on the end ...

John

Friends,

P.,

This is not a good new :( A pink Safari (a nice flashy but not cheap pink) would have been perfect (and I'm a guy :D)