Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki - Yo

Sandy1

(Humanities instructor cap on for this one.)

I live in New Hampshire near the seacoast. When I look out my window I see all the colors and shades that are in Pt-y. I am sure that is why I love it so much.

Here is an image captured from a Pilot infommercial that depicts the inspiration for the ink: the moon in the night sky shining on the sea.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/Sandy1-1/FPN_2012/Ink%20Review%20-%20Pilot%20tsuki-yo/tsukiyo.jpg

There is, one knows not what sweet mystery about this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath... And meet it is, that over these sea-pastures, wide-rolling prairies and Potters' Fields of all four continents, the waves should rise and fall, and ebb and flow unceasingly; for here, millions of mixed shades and shadows, drowned dreams, somnambulisms, reveries; all that we call lives and souls, lie dreaming, dreaming, still; tossing like slumberers in their beds; the ever-rolling waves but made so by their restlessness.

--Herman Melville, Moby Dick, or, The Whale, Chapter 111, "The Pacific"

That image speaks to me in the same way this passage does. Shivers!

(Humanities instructor cap off.)

*swoon*

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandy1

• wastelanded

• mhosea

• XiaoMG

Tsuki-yo is beautiful!!

My favourite inks are Iroshizuku and Edelstein

Enjoy!!
:bunny01:

I consider Tsuki-yo to be one of my favourite shibui colors; I never get tired of it.

"Have fountain pen, will travel."

I consider Tsuki-yo to be one of my favourite shibui colors; I never get tired of it.

Hi,

Thank-you for adding to my vocabulary!

Wiki 'shibui': LINK

I certainly agree that Pt-y is a shibui ink, and that I also never tire of using it. :thumbup:

But would using Pt-y from my Pink Safari give a 'conflicted' writing experience? :rolleyes:

Bye,

S1

Hi,

Thank-you for adding to my vocabulary!

Wiki 'shibui': LINK

I certainly agree that Pt-y is a shibui ink, and that I also never tire of using it. :thumbup:

But would using Pt-y from my Pink Safari give a 'conflicted' writing experience? :rolleyes:

Bye,

S1

There is the saying " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Someone may find the pink Safari and Pt-y combination just perfect for them and another may not. Yet, it is the never ending possibilities that one will see without getting bored. The combination reminds me of watching Mount Fuji hilighted by sunset in one direction and the coming night "tsuki-yo" in the opposite direction...

"Have fountain pen, will travel."

This is an awesome ink, well behaved and lubricated.

I don't, however, like it on cheap paper. It turns a teal color that I don't want. (I have Diamine BB for that!)

Hi,

Thanks for mentioning the colour change of Pt-y on 'cheap paper'. :thumbup:

Even though I hadn't noticed such a colour change, that's likely because I don't use Pt-y on such paper. Not only is the bleed- show-through far too high, but as mentioned, "To achieve the full range of the ink's characteristics, I invariably choose an FP-friendly paper."

Pt-y will not 'rescue' a poor paper. (We have other inks for that.)

It is important to mention instances where Pt-y did not meet one's expectations - I reckon that is an essential part of the review process.

Bye,

S1

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but I have to say that I just tried Tsuki Yo out for the first time and absolutely love it. It has smoothened up my (smooth) EF nibs further and with its slight greenish tint is a most captivating colour.

Thank you Sandy for the great review.

• 2 years later...

During a full moon, the sun will cast some yellow onto the sky closest to the moon, which will give it a greenish tint that fades into a deeper, truer blue-black, the further the sky is from the moon.

I think the sky around the top half of the moon in this picture pretty much sums up the color Pilot was trying to capture:

fpn_1510106011__moonlight_small.jpg