Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks akustyk, you've made my day! I'm left-handed and am trying to improve my daily handwriting, of which the above pics. are examples.

I love the Music nib for everyday writing because although the varied line widths aren't as defined, it provides some definition, is easy to use and smooth as silk. I like Italic and stub nibs very much but find my writing is less consistent when I use them - ie some is OK and some of it is awful. I think as a left-hander it takes me longer to learn to consistently hold the pen with the nib at the correct angle and the Music nib is more forgiving.

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to learn about the distinctions, and your sample was the first that I've seen that shows the use of a music nib for what I'd call "normal" handwriting. It's quite intriguing. I am still very much interested in learning to use the stub, but find the learning curve steep. Your experiences are very encouraging, though.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1171_zpse913425b.jpg

Hi Stompie,

I've just bought two of these Kaweco's and had the nibs done by Oxonian. How are you filling yours? The cc that was supplied doesn't work very well.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

I've just bought two of these Kaweco's and had the nibs done by Oxonian. How are you filling yours? The cc that was supplied doesn't work very well.

Congrats on the pens, and especially on having two nibs done by John Sorowka. My Pelikan M1000 BB stub was done by him, one of my favorite nibs.

As to alternatives for filling your Kaweco Sport, take a look at this thread. I use a squeeze filler made from a cut off mini-cartridge, as shown at entry #23, and like the one Earthdawn made as shown at entry #36. They work waaayyy better than a plain ole cartridge!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Hi Stompie,

I threw away the little cartridge that came with the pen, took a syringe and just filled up the back section - hoping it won't leak :thumbup:

I want to keep this standard as I do not have many standard pens so I thought it might be a good idea to have a normal pen :rolleyes:

Same thing, but at an angle...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Zoniguana, I think your case has some useful pockets in it.

"If you want to write fast then start slow" is good advice, just like it was in the 18 Cent. Start writing the capital O and N, then start the other capital letters. Then try the lower case ones.

Then google Panagrams and start practicing.

Zoniguana, I think your case has some useful pockets in it.

"If you want to write fast then start slow" is good advice, just like it was in the 18 Cent. Start writing the capital O and N, then start the other capital letters. Then try the lower case ones.

Then google Panagrams and start practicing.

Thanks; the smaller pocket holds a replacement nib for my Rotring 600 (just in case I am silly enough to drop the dart again & have it stick nib-first into a hardwood floor). The larger pocket can hold one or two sample vials of ink, or a few cartridges, and it all rolls up into the yellow pouch. I still say your leather one is a beautiful piece of work!

Today felt like a Pelikan day ... a Blue Ocean and a Calculaton of Time.

Uncle Red -- The case is awesome. Just what I have been looking for

post-1194-0-01607200-1360623655.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Huntbuck/FALCON_zps3d1238f6.jpg. Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

"Calculaton of Time" Love it (standng on head)

Zoniguana, I actually love that case... will have to look for one... Of course Leather is king, but that is very compact.

Nomadic PD-04 is the case. Jetpens.Com used to have it; I ended up getting it from some office supply shop out of Hong Kong. If I can scare up my old order history from that, I'll pass it along to you, but, at least you have the make and model...

"Calculaton of Time" Love it (standng on head)

Zoniguana, I actually love that case... will have to look for one... Of course Leather is king, but that is very compact.

Nomadic PD-04 is the case. Jetpens.Com used to have it; I ended up getting it from some office supply shop out of Hong Kong. If I can scare up my old order history from that, I'll pass it along to you, but, at least you have the make and model...

Awesome, thanks...

Uncle Red, thanks for the comment on the wrap. The wrap is a quick turn job I did to protect some of my pens when traveling, unfortunatley it holds too many pens and I feel obligated to always have it full... :clap1:

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

After retiring some of my pens, I have finally decided on fifteen (!). Here they are:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f40/maryannemoll/IMG_6905.jpg

The dip pen is the Brause blue pumpkin.

The fountain pens are inside a 20-pen leather Aston case purchased from Goulet Pens.

Edited by maryannemoll

After retiring some of my pens, I have finally decided on fifteen (!).

The fountain pens are inside a 20-pen leather Aston case purchased from Goulet Pens.

That's quite a variety of pens colors. You have six slots left in that snazzy pen case - may I suggest a few more Lamys? :P

Nice pen case, by the way. I have the same one.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch