Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/e3cf8a1a6a4011e2aaec22000a1faf7c_7.jpg

Where did you get the leather cover for this notebook?

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

fpn_1359506076__2013-01-29_180039.jpgfpn_1359506141__2013-01-29_181217.jpg

@KrazyIvan, thanks! I've recently become a big fan of the 3x5 size through Field Notes. The paper quality is probably half as good as CF, but I'm so taken by the design and how well those little notebooks fit in my back pocket or shirt pocket.

@Esterbex, that is gorgeous. Love the pen and the ink. And I always enjoy pb's work. Thanks for sharing!

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/e3cf8a1a6a4011e2aaec22000a1faf7c_7.jpg

Where did you get the leather cover for this notebook?

That was an Etsy find. Beastly Leather was the shop but it has since closed. It took a long time to recieve the cover and I suspect that was part of the reason they closed. the shop started recieving bad feedback shortly after my order. I was going to review the notebook cover but it was pointless after the shop closed.

@KrazyIvan, thanks! I've recently become a big fan of the 3x5 size through Field Notes. The paper quality is probably half as good as CF, but I'm so taken by the design and how well those little notebooks fit in my back pocket or shirt pocket.

If you like Field Notes, the Life Unplugged notebooks are perfect. They are the same dimensions but have FP friendly paper with just a bit more thickness.

fpn_1359540558__writing_on_photo2.jpg

OK I cheated a bit by not actually printing the photo. Instead I copied the writing and layered it on top after increasing the brightness of the photo by 65%.

I posted a picture of the new blue Lamy recently as it came with a fine nib. It now has my 1.5mm nib on it and there it will stay.

Dick D

Akustyk,

Its a factory standard medium nib.

I has a tiny bit of flex but I haven't really learned to use that yet

Dick D.

fpn_1359570355__dscn0600.jpg

Ha, it ran dry (finaly!) as I started to write a response. Now I get to ink something else.

That's a really nice Sheaffer BTW, AR looks nice too.

20130201_121722.jpg

Ha, it ran dry (finaly!) as I started to write a response. Now I get to ink something else.

That's a really nice Sheaffer BTW, AR looks nice too.

20130201_121722.jpg

You can tell that I am a vintage newbie...didn't quite catch the fact that the pen and nib didn't match. :embarrassed_smile: That being said, though, WHAT A FIND! The pen is lucky to be in your possession.

I'm loving my Sheaffer. I now understand when people say a pen writes 'like butter.' I can feel the angle the pen wants to be held at, I think due to the way the previous owner(s?) wrote, and I'm enjoying that sense of retracing someone's movement. Ok, better go out before I begin to sound like a mystic. :lol: