Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

I'm drawing a floor plan study for a Spanish Colonial this morning, using my Levenger True Writer Sea Glass, medium nib, Noodler's Dark Matter ink.

Having a great time!

:happyberet:

-EKE

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu188/ErikEvens/photo-21.jpg

Is that Vellum you are drawing on? That is wonderful! :thumbup:

Thanks Steve. No it's not vellum, it's what we call sketch paper - a light weight tracing paper that comes on rolls. Great to draw on.

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/pelmanyaar/D9ED1637-71BC-42B8-BB1D-8A82C2099C35-1216-000002E66877C8B8.jpg

David- always lovely photography and handwriting.

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

... Maybe I'll give one a try at the LA Pen Show in February.

Lisa, I tried to send you a PM but I got a message that said you weren't receiving any new messages. Is that the same as being at home and not receiving any visitors? :P

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Stompie, I heard at the last meeting of the local pen group that Rome is Burning can be hard to flush, it's the purple part. I think you'll find Cayenne and Oxblood have different shading.

Stompie, I heard at the last meeting of the local pen group that Rome is Burning can be hard to flush, it's the purple part. I think you'll find Cayenne and Oxblood have different shading.

Purple???? I can't see no Purple. More like gold dust in it but no purple.

It is very close to that Golden brown, so I dunno, maybe if I use it in a flex pen I might see purple which would give it a different look to Golden Brown.

In my Stipula I can see th Ox Blood difference, but in an italic it is very close to Cayenne - again, maybe a flexer will do it.

But thanks for the tips Uncle Red - gotta go dig out some flex pens now, or throw in some Arabic gum and try them with a dip pen?

Still scratching my head about purple though - where????????

Purple???? I can't see no Purple. More like gold dust in it but no purple.

It is very close to that Golden brown, so I dunno, maybe if I use it in a flex pen I might see purple which would give it a different look to Golden Brown.

Still scratching my head about purple though - where????????

Stompie, I believe Uncle Red is referring to the underlying component of that ink that manifests after exposure to water. Try writing a line using it on a piece of paper, then soak that paper in a bowl of water to see the purple.

Stompie, I believe Uncle Red is referring to the underlying component of that ink that manifests after exposure to water. Try writing a line using it on a piece of paper, then soak that paper in a bowl of water to see the purple.

Hey, Hello!!!! Where ya been? Nice to see you again :clap1:

Soak in water first ...... some of you folk really need to get out more :roflmho:

Oh, I thought you said 2 old favourites - but I only see 1. Is 1 the pen and the other the ink?

Thank you very much. And yes, do use it: it has to be one of the most well-behaved and lovely inks I have ever had.

Thank you for the welcome -- I was travelling heavily in the past few weeks, hence the relative silence. I hope you have been well too.

And I know what I said sounds bizarre :ltcapd: but it is true: you do have to soak it in water first. RIB was marketed to be a special (read: novelty) ink, and most of the people I have seen using it use it specifically for drawing and then washing over their art with a paintbrush dipped in water to create purple shadows amidst the golden-brown.

As for the favourites, yes, that would be the pen and the ink. But for the sake of adding another purple encre here (I adore purples!), here is another I am using today, in another Waterman flexer. This is Larmes de Cassis.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8489/8229484730_1385f4ccf1_b.jpg

000017 by Kyouju-san, on Flickr

Edited by Kyouju

post-88990-0-95751200-1354293104.jpg

post-88990-0-69419600-1354293110.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality of these two pens. The Jinhao is solid and substantial in your hand, and the Naranja has a very nice semi-transparent barrel.