Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Well, so much for that - I ordered Cayenne, Golden Brown and Rome Burning! :thumbup:

Oh, and my Set of Theory and 5 Copybooks on Spencerian arrived today!!!!!! Off to practice!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20121116_121631.jpg

Here's a sample of Cayenne from this month's Ink Drop

photo.jpg

It really looks like a hot pepper, red to lighter red, only tested with a medium nib.

Here's Habenero from an Ink Drop some time ago.

2012-08-07+12.38.46_Pittsburgh_Pennsylvania_US.jpg

I hope that helps.

I reckon Habenero and others look similar to my Apricot so I moved on from there.

I looked at that Kiowa Pecan, very nice, but went with the Golden Brown instead.

That was great Uncle Red and thanks for the effort!

Now I am pleased I went with the choices I made.

have six pens inked today. I'm working into a vintage mode this month, and I just bought another P51, so they all have to be inked right now. Hey, seems perfectly logical to me!post-8917-0-84105600-1353114995.jpg

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Dear FPN'ers,

I've been following the forum for quite a while and have found it very helpful in trouble shooting problems with my fountain pens and also deciding on the inks to buy. This is my first post, and thought I'd share some pictures of my daily pens:

(1) Pilot Vanishing Point, medium nib

(2) Smoke grey TWSBI 540 Diamond, extra fine nib

(3) Pelikan M205/200 (I can't remember), fine nib

All written on Muji A4 loose leaf grid paper.

Cheers,

Deyiao

post-19747-0-59620300-1353119576.jpg

I have an Estie J inked and it is from the Estie loanee program. A 2011 Omas 360 LE is inked along with a vintage junior Parker duofold, a MB 149 OM, Pelikan M205 with OBB nib, and a Rembrandt Visconti with the cheap broad steel nib.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

DC, how do you like your Collier? I've been mesmerized by them but then got a little squeamish when I saw one in person. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Jay, sorry for the late reply. I have has the Collier for awhile, and last summer I had Dillon Ang stub the steel B nib. He did a fantastic job and I had the pen exactly 10 minutes before my middle son took it to college. He was home two weeks ago for a visit and returned the pen. I like the size, shape and feel of the pen. I think I the section were thicker at the gripping point I'd use it all the time.

Dear FPN'ers,

I've been following the forum for quite a while ...

Cheers,

Deyiao

Hi Deyiao, thanks for showing us some of your pens. You've been on FPN a long time for that to be your first post! I hope you have a chance to show some others. :thumbup:

I have an Estie J inked and it is from the Estie loanee program. ...

How are you liking the Esties?

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s458/liturgicsjay/2EF8A049-B861-4BCE-83D6-1A6E886A52A5-598-0000004BD1317CDD.jpg