Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

OOOOO How do you like it?

Bah humbug- "broke" it...keep pushing too hard! It still writes (kinda like a stub), but tines are mis-aligned:(

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bah humbug- "broke" it...keep pushing too hard! It still writes (kinda like a stub), but tines are mis-aligned:(

Oh that's awful!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

What pens today have you?

Hmm today I am using my Estense (Italian celluloid lever filler), Krone Santa Fe Edition, Rally 10 (French button filler) and a Soennecken.

What pens today have you?

Hmm today I am using my Estense (Italian celluloid lever filler), Krone Santa Fe Edition, Rally 10 (French button filler) and a Soennecken.

attachicon.gifIMG_0425.JPG

Myep, this was today's project and now my favorite pen of all time. Here's the link to how to fit a G nib in an Ahab: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/280684-how-to-fit-a-manga-g-nib-into-a-noodlers-ahab/

That is really cool. I really dislike the Akkerman pump pen I have here so I may just have to try doing this.

Edited by discopig

oops I forgot to add photos

Someone asked about a double piston filling fountain pen awhile back. No idea who, or when or why? I was going to grease this one up to help improve the seal and I discovered it is a double piston filler. Also showing a single piston Mercedes for comparison.

Eversharp 10,000

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/IMG_20140926_075832864_zps1c5f69a9.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

If you miss a day or two on this thread you really fall far behind!

TeaHive, I'm amazed what you are able to do with that Noodler's Ahab - fantastic!!

I used this pen to sign some Christmas cards then ran out of ink and had to try a bottle of KWZI that recently arrived.

fpn_1418829216__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

fpn_1418829238__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

fpn_1418829256__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

My sweet Dulcinea is very hesitant to come and show herself....

fpn_1418834314__dulcinea02.jpg

The pen is Varuna custom satin ebonite eyedropper, clipless, handmade in India. The beautiful nib is a survivor of a tragic pen related disaster. After a long time of recovery... it was decided that we have the technology to re-built it.. It became a fantastic writer with lots of line variation and a fair bit of bounce... Everything you might want on a nib and more.

fpn_1418834952__dulcinea01.jpg

Her name is Dulcinea.... something this special, needs a name of its own. ;)

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Pelikan 400 brown and Ivory with 14k EF semi flex

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-s3hFfZQ/0/XL/Ivory%20400-XL.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Someone asked about a double piston filling fountain pen awhile back. No idea who, or when or why? I was going to grease this one up to help improve the seal and I discovered it is a double piston filler. Also showing a single piston Mercedes for comparison.

attachicon.gifIMG_6192.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_6193.jpg

That's beautiful but confusing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

If you miss a day or two on this thread you really fall far behind!

TeaHive, I'm amazed what you are able to do with that Noodler's Ahab - fantastic!!

I used this pen to sign some Christmas cards then ran out of ink and had to try a bottle of KWZI that recently arrived.

fpn_1418829216__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

fpn_1418829238__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

fpn_1418829256__montblanc_146_1970s_b_ni

Yep, that old gold is a good look for you.

The pen is Varuna custom satin ebonite eyedropper, clipless, handmade in India. The beautiful nib is a survivor of a tragic pen related disaster. After a long time of recovery... it was decided that we have the technology to re-built it.. It became a fantastic writer with lots of line variation and a fair bit of bounce... Everything you might want on a nib and more.

C.

WOW - she sounds like the droid R4. I'm glad she's recovered. She writes beautifully for you!

Ditto with TAS - What an Ink!

Pelikan 400 brown and Ivory with 14k EF semi flex

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-s3hFfZQ/0/XL/Ivory%20400-XL.jpg

How does she write? She sure looks good.

C.

She wears it well.

WOW - she sounds like the droid R4. I'm glad she's recovered. She writes beautifully for you!

I was trying to get a smile from the 70's kids.. Using the phrase from the 6Million Dollar Man... We have the technology... we can rebuild him.. :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,