Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Mark, follow the link in my signature and borrow a TWSBI. All of my TWSBIs (I think) have custom stub nibs from Pendleton Brown or from the ARTist formerly known as LahLahLah.

That's very kind of you, Amber.....and thanks for all the nibwork info.....

When I read Art's I was thinking Art's as in the field of Art......not someone's name.... :rolleyes:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a guy who thinks his next bowl of kibble is more important than pens and ink....

fpn_1418048743__image.jpg

Fortunately he has no taste for iPhones or vintage pens, just kibble and cheese popcorn!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

That's very kind of you, Amber.....and thanks for all the nibwork info.....

When I read Art's I was thinking Art's as in the field of Art......not someone's name.... :rolleyes:

I totally understand!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Here's a guy who thinks his next bowl of kibble is more important than pens and ink....

Fortunately he has no taste for iPhones or vintage pens, just kibble and cheese popcorn!

The fact he has never eaten a parker, does up his cuteness factor. Personally, I'd love to see the photo of when he was mixing ink. Does he do his paw prints in FP ink? (or just mud?)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141211/P1230733_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Before-after

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141211/P1230742_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

The sheen of the 4B though...

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141211/P1230737_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Yay! This is my 1111st or 1111th post! :lol: :P

Woo Hoo! And I'm with you, I love the sheen of 4B.

The rhythm it takes to write Spencerian seems complex. It's like little random shade bombs drop and you have to be aware of what is next or you may miss a flexing opportunity.

Spencerian grind Naka-ai, Ku-Jaku, Rhodia

It's so nice! Looks like... LAMY Vista!!!! Is it a real working car?

Yeah really, that is quite the car. But a question popped into my mind: if you had a car like that, and a pen like that, for consistency wouldn't you also need clothes of the same fashion? :o

fpn_1418357017__pelikan_m200_demonstrato

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Visitors to General Motors’ “Highways and Horizons” pavilion at the 1939-40 New York World’s Fair came away awed by a vision of the future. The work of renowned designer Norman Bel Geddes, GM’s “Futurama” exhibit foretold the communities and transportation systems of 1960, many of which came to pass. Other peeks at the future included “Previews of Progress,” inventions that seemed like magic: “Yarns made of Milk! …"

For the record, yarn made of milk is also a thing. :)

Lucky you - he is not pen crazy ! Else situation wd have been different ... that empty bowl ... :lol: He looks awesome. Whats his name ..if I can ask ?

The rhythm it takes to write Spencerian seems complex. It's like little random shade bombs drop and you have to be aware of what is next or you may miss a flexing opportunity.

attachicon.gifflex.jpg

Spencerian grind Naka-ai, Ku-Jaku, Rhodia

@ Finalist ; your penmanship is awesome. (I jump in the shower ...to practice the rhythm ) :)

I think chocolate boxes might work great for pens. For a while I stored pens in converted cigar boxes, and I also used a converted cutlery box.

Thanks da vinci :D

Here are some other pics of the Ariel Kullock 146. The overlay is sterling silver with 18k gold being used for the cap ring and star. The pattern is a one-off by Mr. Kullock, who based the design on an uncommon MB safety from the '20s.

fpn_1418253765__montblanc_146_ariel_kull

fpn_1418253786__montblanc_146_ariel_kull

Here it is sandwiched between a 1920s Montblanc 25 Safety and a 1990 Montblanc 146:

Hi David !

That Arial Kullock 146 is AWESOME ! All most all your pens are distinct, but this one I should say is a 'show stopper '.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141211/P1230733_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Before-after

The sheen of the 4B though...

Yay! This is my 1111st or 1111th post! :lol: :P

@Attila : Congrats. Wish you 1111 1 st post . Your handwriting is a real looker.

www.4gp.tw/b043/1418398813277.jpg

Hmm,won't accept image tags for some reason.

Edited by J85909266

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

www.4gp.tw/b043/1418398813277.jpg

Hmm,won't accept image tags for some reason.

http://www.4gp.tw/b043/1418398813277.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

AWESOME PEN!!!!....

You need to click on the "Image" icon... and place the image server location on the pop up box.

The "Image" icon is between the "Unlink" and "code" icons. (under happy face)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks. I can usually work it out, but it kept removing my img tags when I went to post.

Anyway, I'm super stoked about how nice this Goulet nib is and how perfectly it fit the pen. It's the smoothest steel nib that I've ever used. I'm absolutely in love with this pen, now.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

@ Tringle : Wondering who else can beat your vintage collections - except you yourself !

@pankaj - I think there are many FPNers collection who can exceed my vintage collection.

I love this thread. Even when I don't post, I check it at least once a day. :)

Here's one I just finished last night and is on my shelf waiting to be cleaned out.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00182_zpsf3d000d6.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00185_zps98d421a9.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00176_zpsa6f50c88.jpg

And here is a sample comparing it to a TWSBI with a B nib:

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00178_zps685e0d10.jpg