Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's prettier from that angle because you can see the gold.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Ha!

I got into a right state and couldn't do all the squiggly bits anything like as well as you - so mine sort of became this.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_ampersand.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141122_194139.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today, I received my two Vacumatic back from repair and a Pilot Justus 95 bought from a friend ............... I like that adjustable nib .....

fpn_1416867720__pilot_justus_95light.jpg

What's an adjustable nib?

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141122_201738.jpg

Today, I received my two Vacumatic back from repair and a Pilot Justus 95 bought from a friend ............... I like that adjustable nib .....

The Justus is a very impressive pen in person. I love the size. Does yours have a sort of cross hatching pattern? The Justus on nibs.com looks like a vertical pattern. I like the pattern I see in your pic.

What's an adjustable nib?

There's a little metal/gold piece on top of the nib above the slit. You can turn the section on the Justus and that makes the metal piece move in or out. Moving it out makes the nib stiffer, moving it in allows the nib to flex.

OOO Nifty!

If i read something good about a cheap pen, there i go.. So today i received a clear Penmanship and it is all i heard about it. It also presented me with a nice blob of ink two times out of three that i uncapped it to use it. Tomorrow i should receive the all black one. I bought it because someone said that "somehow" the nibs on those where better than the ones on the clear pens. Anyway, i want to remove the nib and place it on a Metropolitan, but by the look and feel of it, i think i will use both pens as eyedroppers to doodle away my lazy hours in retirement down here in Florida.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/PENMANSHIP/Penmanship_0330_zpsc3ff0729.jpg

Well, at least it looks cool.

Nib envy

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141124_154024.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141124_152635.jpg

What a beauty! It gets harder and harder to choose my next pen. There are so many...

Tas:

post-95714-0-99737200-1416877216.jpg

I like your old style.

(Like you needed to hear that after all that squiggly practice :blush: )

Edited by Tas