Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Here is extracts from the very first outing of my new Sailor 1911 Classic. Nib is actually H-M medium and it writes medium. I normally use Pelekan Fine as my handwriting gets really sloppy with broader nibs.

The Sailor nib is so smooth it just glides over the paper. I am going to stick with the medium nib for the time being.

post-117112-0-18305200-1416591124_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is extracts from the very first outing of my new Sailor 1911 Classic. Nib is actually H-M medium and it writes medium. I normally use Pelekan Fine as my handwriting gets really sloppy with broader nibs.

The Sailor nib is so smooth it just glides over the paper. I am going to stick with the medium nib for the time being.

Woaw, fine pen !!!! You should be a good husband to receive such a present! Congratulations !!!! On another hand, Pinot noir, Barbaresco and St Emilion are also great ..................

Quote:

"But drawing… wooden PENCIL only! "

I am happy there is another lead head in the group, :D

I agree for sketching graphite just feels so right, and the balance of a basic pencil is perfect. Not to forget the delete feature on the blunt end.

I always start with paper and pencil and coffee, lots of coffee and if possible, a good work environment.

But I do divert from the humble but perfect pencil for aesthetic reasons.

My dad, who was a scientist had a hexagonal Caran d'Ache mechanical pencil he used all the time. All his friends wanted him to switch to a pen, and it was a common gift he would receive.

He never used them, and I think the permanence of ink just didn't work for the kind of work he did.

So today my dearest pencil is a sterling sliver Caran d'Ache Ecridor, early version, no rhodium plating, taking 0.9mm lead.

I use soft non polymer graphite, that it has a great dynamic range, and smudges easily, to get a nice chiaroscuro.

The Ecridor was the name of the pencil factory that became Caran d'Ache and I suspect the pencil it was molded after.

A simple but pleasing design, outstanding workmanship and commitment to a product. Since early 1930's essentially unchanged the line of Ecridor is still sold today.

SolidWorks parametric model ( I assume we all draw pictures our favorite pens (pencils))

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/CARAN-DACHE/i-McHfjVV/0/XL/Caran%20DAche%20model-XL.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Is it odd that our furry and finny friends are named Charlie Parker? Are they searching for the perfect blue(s)?

Or a Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

My wife surprised me with a Sailor 1911 Classic in black today. I have not used it yet. Cannot quite tell what size the nib is but it looks like fine. Will fit the converter and give it a go.attachicon.gif20141121_152359.jpg

Yes congratulations, What a beautiful pen.

I just recently got my first Sailor with a H-MF nib, and what a smooth sailor it is !

I haven't used any other pen since I got it

Somebody told me that the H indicated hard but my nib is far from hard.

How is your H-M for flex?

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141121/P1230474_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141121/P1230491_1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Happy to enable.

Beautiful pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

A little Exclusive KWZI #75 Iron Gall Gold Green

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141121/P1230497_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Isn't it something... I knew you are going to like that... ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Great color isn't it?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141121/P1230474_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141121/P1230491_1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

That is a stately nib.

New to Fountain Pens, and FPN.

Pens:

Monteverde Invincia Color Fusion Spitfire Red M nib

Lamy Safari F nib

Ink;

Noodler's Dark Matter

Noodler's Concord Grape

Noodler's Cayenne

swcadjockey

post-117962-0-00155500-1416635072_thumb.jpg

post-117962-0-77379000-1416635076_thumb.jpg

post-117962-0-24587600-1416635083_thumb.jpg

post-117962-0-59698000-1416635085_thumb.jpg

I just recently got my first Sailor with a H-MF nib, and what a smooth sailor it is !

Hi, It is 'H-M' which I understand means 'Hard - Medium'. It is the best fountain pen I have. Our daughter is getting married next April and my job at the weekend is to do the invitation cards.

My other pens are a basic Pelikan which initially had a medium nib but I changed to Fine and I use this daily for my journal. My other FP is Waterman. Oh, nearly forgot my Haro technical pen. I have a bunch of ball pens; Pelikan,Caran D'ach, Cross..Plus a couple of vintage pencils (Wahl-Eversharp).

Have a great weekend.

The H-M nibs have no flex. I have a Pro Gear with H-F nib. It has no flexand is quite hard but not like a nail. There is some softness. My Sapporo with H-M nib has no softness at all.

Conway Stewart 58 and an italian Amica.

gruTEP.jpg

HQSXUF.jpg

JSGVvX.jpg

dTmhTG.jpg

Wow they look like they are long lost siblings. I love the green hatched pattern on your pens.

I have a marbled blue CS58 with broad DURO nib and it is a wonderfully smooth writer.

You mean Parker your pen-eating dog?! We have a Parker dog at our house, too, and his preferred meal is a freshly delivered box placed at the front door by UPS or FedEx. He's happy with whatever contents might be delivered that day but feels like its Christmas when the box holds a new iPhone (ask me how I know). But who could ever discipline this face:

fpn_1416517147__img_0692_768x1024.jpg

Parker and I would love to have Parker come for a visit!

The story "Parker goes walk about" with it's Old Griz twist is one for the FPN annuls.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

This is a Nussbaum Pen - Phoenix Series White Mountain. It has a two tone

M-iridium point nib, which writes somewhat like a fine-medium. Very smooth writer. Inked with Chesterfield Amethyst. Made with a beautiful creamy white acrylic resin. Has an art deco appeal. Cap is a twist off type. Gold tone clip and three gold tone rings around bottom of cap. Schmidt converter.

Snapshot_20141122_6.JPG

Snapshot_20141122_2.JPG