Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With a lot if reviews and a spreadsheet.

Notice the tee shirt. It was a gift that has been swiped by a teenager.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

ooops, ink is Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

OK.. I never really liked Kon Peki... (too bright..and not "special" enough in my eyes)... until now.... :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Don't know if to thank you or be peeved at you... ;) .. I thought I was done with Iroshizuko...

And you penmanship... :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: .... makes mine look like a drunken chicken scratch... :roller1:

Thanks so much for sharing... :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Amber, every time you post a picture of your desk, I look for your crystal inkwell. I spotted it at the right on the second shelf up (I have it's twin minus the stopper.) It almost feels like a game of "Where's Waldo?" - "Spot the Inkwell".

MissChief, I found matching ones with stoppers at Marshall's last week with stoppers for $4. They are being sold with oil and reeds as diffusers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Helen, I meant the Bamboo pen but the filigree pen is lovely, too!

The Duke Bamboo is different. It has a nice functional look about it. I love the cap with the mother-of-pearl insert. The current price range for this model Duke Bamboo is from $25-33. The Bamboo model with Confucius on the cap is going for about $34.

Mhphoto, wonderfully varied handwriting, curious whether the ahab and knrad have the standard nibs or something else, as i cant seem to get mine to do all of that. Thanks

Otium cum dignitate, negotium sine periculo.

That looks similar to Montblanc Patron of the Arts Andrew Carnegie..

http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/d41746/d4174699r.jpg

Yes it does. Interesting! Unfortunately the only thing I can afford of Montblanc is the ink.

Edited by Helen350

I am having difficulty uploading my photos.....

jadehawk - Congratulations on your new Vanishing Point.

Thier - Wow the clarity on your tortoise is amazing!

Attila - How is the big bird getting along with the rest of the flock?

Gweimer1 - Excellent work on renewing the orphaned fountain pen from the Ohio Pen Show.

Ian - Welcome to the madness.

Sanyasoulmitra - Wow your reviews are thorough, and interesting to read through. I do believe the triumph nib is a work of art. I agree with Lamy products, although they are pretty to look at, I find myself unable to write with the pens because of the texture.

Pens I am using today.

Parker 51 - Vac filled with DeAtramentis Vanilla ink

Soennecken 444 Extra - Filled with Watermans Mystery Blue

Krone Santa Fe Edition - Filled with R&K Salix

Mercedes 100 B - Filled with R&K Scabiosa (BORING ink btw)

I am having difficulty uploading my photos.....

jadehawk - Congratulations on your new Vanishing Point.

Thier - Wow the clarity on your tortoise is amazing!

Attila - How is the big bird getting along with the rest of the flock?

Gweimer1 - Excellent work on renewing the orphaned fountain pen from the Ohio Pen Show.

Ian - Welcome to the madness.

Sanyasoulmitra - Wow your reviews are thorough, and interesting to read through. I do believe the triumph nib is a work of art. I agree with Lamy products, although they are pretty to look at, I find myself unable to write with the pens because of the texture.

Pens I am using today.

Parker 51 - Vac filled with DeAtramentis Vanilla ink

Soennecken 444 Extra - Filled with Watermans Mystery Blue

Krone Santa Fe Edition - Filled with R&K Salix

Mercedes 100 B - Filled with R&K Scabiosa (BORING ink btw)

Thank you. I've just flushed it 5 or 6 times ..... But the last time, I saw water coming from the pump sealing on the rear of the pen ..... I'll try to fill it but believe that I'll have to send it for a rubber change ....

Thank you. I've just flushed it 5 or 6 times ..... But the last time, I saw water coming from the pump sealing on the rear of the pen ..... I'll try to fill it but believe that I'll have to send it for a rubber change ....

I really like the cork seals, however they may have some great symbolism in fountain pen authenticity, they seem to dry out too frequently for me as well. Especially in Arizona. (Summertime temperatures are over 100 degrees.)

I really like the cork seals, however they may have some great symbolism in fountain pen authenticity, they seem to dry out too frequently for me as well. Especially in Arizona. (Summertime temperatures are over 100 degrees

I'll try to put a little touch of silicone grease before filling it. It sometimes work ....

I'll try to put a little touch of silicone grease before filling it. It sometimes work ....

Thats a good idea, and I will try that also, and soaking the cork etc etc etc.

[pic]

Nothing too exciting for me today.

I love your writing style! :W2FPN:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141117/P1230443_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Apache Sunset, Tanna Japonensis, GvFC Stone Grey

@Suji - That is a wonderful OBB on your 140!

Edited by attika89

http://i.imgur.com/JSKrURz.png

Nothing too exciting for me today.

Welcome to the thread, I like your pen and your handwriting is very cool.

Troy

Custom Edison Collier. Ink is Kobe Nunobiki Emerald.

15802018802_4398ccd57b_c.jpg

15181010063_6eaaa3da4a_b.jpg

15615612820_77251cb103_b.jpg

15802017442_7c4e459040_b.jpg

Hi 00Photo! Tell me about the nib on your custom Edison and where you got it! Just beautiful!

I'd like to hear about the nib on your Visconti Divina too. I enjoy your writing and pen art so much!

Green Ink: The nib in the Edison is a Richard Binder full flex XF/XXF Duopoint nib. The nib in the Divina is your run of the mill medium, however, the palladium dream touch nib Visconti uses is soft and you can get some line variation from it.

Edited by 00Photo