Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Using one of my favorite pens for everyday office and school work, my trusty Xezo Freelancer 500. A bit heavy, but it writes like a dream come true. Also trying out a gorgeous, sublime new ink, De Atramentis Bordeaux Red. I'll be grading midterm exams with this later today...

fpn_1414761005__de_atramentis_bordeaux-x

That's a beautiful pen... and don't you love those Wine inks. WOW

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never mind the "sock" - we want to see more of Charlie . . . :)

Agreed :)

I know Sinistral1 is a little quirky, petting her gold fish, but you two scare me. :) I keep thinking of the fish from Cat in the Hat being petted by a fox in a sock sitting on a box. Now I scare me.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

First full day of using these 3 pens together. The blue one just arrived in the mail yesterday. The smoke black is inked with Iroshizuku Take-Sumi. The blue is inked with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. And the orange is inked with Diamine Oxblood. I use all 3 of these when I'm journaling. It's fun to write with different color inks.

http://i.imgur.com/S3MJcT4.jpg

Nice ink pen combos. How do they write?

Nice ink pen combos. How do they write?

They write amazingly well. The FM nibs are incredibly smooth and shade very we even with my small writing. The F nib gives me a finer line that prefer with black ink. It has a hint of feedback but still very smooth. I've been satisfied with all my Pilot nibs so far. I also have a Stargazer in F. The Stargazer is actually the reason I decided to get more Pilot pens.

While I wait on my new Pilot Celemo (fine) and gold-trimmed Namiki Falcon (soft broad), I thought I'd collect my gold-nib'd Pilot pens.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/540/nQGBEk.jpg

The 912's FA nib still induces involuntary drooling every time I use it. People love to whine and fight over the Falcons' nibs' classifications (to call it flex, or to call it semi/maxi/soft/maybe/butnotreally/squichy (looking at you, BoBo)…), but the Heritage's FA nib is as flexible straight out of the box, comparing favorably to many of my early Watermans.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

СОЮЗ 1950 (model 3) - Fountain Pen and Mechanical Pencil set

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/IMG_20141031_115445118_zps8c1a8a6b.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

I received a Parker 51 Special yesterday. Today I used it for the first time. It felt great. Nib is very smooth and worked perfectly right out of the box. Pen arrived in very good condition. (Bought it off of the classifieds here on fpn)

Conclusion: Way stoked right now.

post-117243-0-30975400-1414848590_thumb.jpg

СОЮЗ 1950 (model 3) - Fountain Pen and Mechanical Pencil set

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/IMG_20141031_115445118_zps8c1a8a6b.jpg

Wow, you have a real eye for finding some beauties.

I received a Parker 51 Special yesterday. Today I used it for the first time. It felt great. Nib is very smooth and worked perfectly right out of the box. Pen arrived in very good condition. (Bought it off of the classifieds here on fpn)

Conclusion: Way stoked right now.

Welcome aboard! That is a lovely pen! Congratulations!

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141101/P1230120_1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Paler colors? I didn't expect that.

fpn_1414868787__img_0109.jpg

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Wow, you have a real eye for finding some beauties.

Tks Amber... My old and myopic eyes, have no credit to find these beauties... There's a kind of tune between the pens and the heart... I never choose a pen... THE PEN CHOOSE ME!!!

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!