Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Attila : Oh! so nice handwriting.. so nice pens.. But what is that pencil looking slim pen - may be a ball pen - doing there in the corner ;)

Oh, that's for experimental purpose only :lol:

Its a Rotring 600 bp, btw.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew he looked at me with a certain ambivalence to my directions....."Parker, Come!" IGNORE "Parker, off the dining room table." IGNORE

Yes, and you will notice his dining preferences, vintage black parkers.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141029_092458.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141029_093112.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

well, if you insist:

http://i.imgur.com/TWuhMUR.jpg

I am so glad they insisted!

Yes, and you will notice his dining preferences, vintage black parkers.

Vintage Parkers, Sheaffers, Waterman's etc....he is refined enough to even dine on some European models.

Thanks for the shout out Amber. I am glad you like the broad nibs I chose for you. I have a handful more for future restorations. I just thought I'd include a picture of the nice hard rubber V-clip that I just finished. Cheers.

post-113769-0-91779800-1414667676_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the shout out Amber. I am glad you like the broad nibs I chose for you. I have a handful more for future restorations. I just thought I'd include a picture of the nice hard rubber V-clip that I just finished. Cheers.

Wow that's a beauty!!!!

For those of you who are "paper purists", here's a little trick I learned taking a calligraphy class in the last century. I used a thin sock that had lost it's partner in a horrible dryer accident and was inconsolable living the rest of it's life alone. Cut the heel and toes off and you will never get oil or any other unwanted residue on your paper again. My thumb is where the heel was, my fingers where the toe was.

fpn_1414552402__image.jpg

fpn_1414539948__image.jpg

That's my betta fish, Charlie, who enjoys spending his days watching me write and draw. He's 2 1/2 years old and lays up against the side of the bowl closest to me, curled up like a shrimp, likes to be petted and held in my hand.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

post-99317-0-61662000-1414734876_thumb.jpg

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Using one of my favorite pens for everyday office and school work, my trusty Xezo Freelancer 500. A bit heavy, but it writes like a dream come true. Also trying out a gorgeous, sublime new ink, De Atramentis Bordeaux Red. I'll be grading midterm exams with this later today...

fpn_1414761005__de_atramentis_bordeaux-x

That's my betta fish, Charlie, who enjoys spending his days watching me write and draw. He's 2 1/2 years old and lays up against the side of the bowl closest to me, curled up like a shrimp, likes to be petted and held in my hand.

Never mind the "sock" - we want to see more of Charlie . . . :)

First full day of using these 3 pens together. The blue one just arrived in the mail yesterday. The smoke black is inked with Iroshizuku Take-Sumi. The blue is inked with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. And the orange is inked with Diamine Oxblood. I use all 3 of these when I'm journaling. It's fun to write with different color inks.

http://i.imgur.com/S3MJcT4.jpg

Oh, where can I get one of those cool green plastic/porcelain fortune cookie pen holders?

I'll try to take a photo of Charlie sitting it my hand. No promises - I can't talk and think at the same time, so this task will severely test my dexterity!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Oh, where can I get one of those cool green plastic/porcelain fortune cookie pen holders?

I'll try to take a photo of Charlie sitting it my hand. No promises - I can't talk and think at the same time, so this task will severely test my dexterity!

You can get them on Amazon.

Fortune Cookie

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNKRCRA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Folded Crane

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00023NHW8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Halloween Friday, quiet day at the office... trying out a friend's new Edison Collier. It feels great in the hand, nib is wonderful (although I think I'd take a B; this is a F).

I haven't generally loved the Edisons, although this one is just beautiful, with wonderful subtleties in the marbling, through which the converter and ink supply are clearly seen.

After a couple of days with it, I like it a lot, but don't think I would choose it over my Delta Fusion 82 or the Franklin-Christof I haven't bought. For perspective, my collection is now 41 strong, and only three of the 41 are modern: the Fusion, my Pilot Metropolitan (subway and outdoors pen), and my Wality with the Esterbrook nib. Everything else is vintage, products of my resto bench. So for a modern pen to make the cut it's gotta be great.

Tim

15490306250_86bd4e54ed_h.jpg

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

You can get them on Amazon.

So cool! Thanks to you both :)