Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tringle, what is a spoon filler?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

We went to the Michigan Pen Show yesterday with a plan to not buy any pens as I am saving for a Visconti Divina Elegance. This is the result of my plan:

15570259232_e584906a08_b.jpg

Thank goodness you didn't got planning on buying any pens.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

We went to the Michigan Pen Show yesterday with a plan to not buy any pens as I am saving for a Visconti Divina Elegance. This is the result of my plan:

I see that plan was followed perfectly! :lticaptd: :lticaptd: :D Looks like a great haul though.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I am still a novice at nibs, but what is the purpose of the tomahawk nib?

;)

Hi Troy

It's a stub that writes smooth and juicy with a bit of spring - a result of the slits, which also give it "I bite back" attitude;)

@arts_nibs

thats all?

Tringle, what is a spoon filler?

Amber

The spoon filler is a filling system not unlike a button filler. Instead of a button hidden by a blind cap at the end of the barrel, there is a small metal protrusion similar to a "spoon" in place of the button. To fill the bladder with ink, the user will depress the "spoon" to fill the bladder with ink. Cool pens.

Hi Troy

It's a stub that writes smooth and juicy with a bit of spring - a result of the slits, which also give it "I bite back" attitude;)

Art,

I forgot to ask about this nib when I saw you....I was too much in pen frenzy! Maybe I should have you do this to one of my Sheaffer nailhead nibs.... :)

I inked up the Bexley Franken 58 tonight. It has a Waterman #17 Emblem Pen nib. It wrote crazy dry as the tines were way too tight. Three hours of careful tuning later it writes XXF to B. Nice!

15581785322_95734f6da6_b.jpg

15395325580_94dc677368_b.jpg

fpn_1413816260__plan.jpg

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I inked up the Bexley Franken 58 tonight. It has a Waterman #17 Emblem Pen nib. It wrote crazy dry as the tines were way too tight. Three hours of careful tuning later it writes XXF to B. Nice!

15581785322_95734f6da6_b.jpg

Your writing is so beautiful, it hurts!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Particularly loving your capitals . . .

I inked up the Bexley Franken 58 tonight. It has a Waterman #17 Emblem Pen nib. It wrote crazy dry as the tines were way too tight. Three hours of careful tuning later it writes XXF to B. Nice!15581785322_95734f6da6_b.jpg15395325580_94dc677368_b.jpg

Does your beautiful writing style have a name?

The writing style is mostly Spencerian. I bought the reprint of the original books in order to improve my horrible cursive. I used what I liked from the Spencerian book, modified what I didn't like, and then added flourishes where ever my hand wandered.

Felisa

An interesting pen, made in Portugal, maybe at fifties... A nib with folded down tips (no-iridium, similar to #1 and #2 series Esterbrook nibs)...

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/felisa1_zps9aa508bb.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/felisa2_zps5c82d449.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

Art,

I forgot to ask about this nib when I saw you....I was too much in pen frenzy! Maybe I should have you do this to one of my Sheaffer nailhead nibs.... :)

I would.. but Sheaffer himself might turn turn in his grave and shoot out a ghost to haunt my collection:-0!

@arts_nibs

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141021_130915.jpg