Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, it's Vacumatic day. I just have to fill them now with an ink that matches the pen color .........

Beautiful trio! :)

As for attika89 - I'm not talking to attika89. His Custom 912 PO nib post has left me with desires and Christmas is a long way away in fountain pen years. :)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/141017/P1230002_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by attika89

Today, it's Vacumatic day. I just have to fill them now with an ink that matches the pen color .........

Ifpn_1413543668__parker_vacumatics_light.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

M400 for me today :)

This is one of the pens that outshines others and right now I don't feel like using anything else/buying more ;)

BUT - the nib tines are slightly mis-aligned...I don't know if I should send it back for repair or request a different nib (28days exchange policy) or try to fix it... I certainly don't want to part with it...

Any ideas/thoughts???Thanks!

post-110147-0-43561300-1413551563_thumb.jpgpost-110147-0-79777200-1413549773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mishka5050

I am still a novice at nibs, but what is the purpose of the tomahawk nib?

;)

It makes the nib write wetter, gives it a bit of flex and the stub aspect introduces some line variation. Plus it looks way cool! :)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

@attika thanks mate!

That photo is stack of 5-I simply couldn't align them...turns out it's not photoshop, but nib itself...I'd have a go, but I don't understand how to "pull away from section" so it would stay where it should lol.

Lol@ink question ;) I believe that at least 50% of people have paired this pen with Rohrer&Klingner Alt-Goldgrun :) it's just a perfect match!

Edited by Mishka5050

:drool: :drool: :drool:

M400 for me today :)

This is one of the pens that outshines others and right now I don't feel like using anything else/buying more ;)

BUT - the nib tines are slightly mis-aligned...I don't know if I should send it back for repair or request a different nib (28days exchange policy) or try to fix it... I certainly don't want to part with it...

Any ideas/thoughts???Thanks!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Maybe you can find someone to adjust the nib for you where you live? If you send the pen in it may take WEEKS to return!

Beautiful! :wub: The pattern reminds me of city lights at night.

So beautiful and, IMO, iconic.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Today:

1. Pelikan M600 Green Stripe - M nib, filled with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz ink.

2. Mont Blanc Meisterstuck No. 144 - F nib, filled with Mont Blanc Burgundy Red ink.

Paper - Basildon Bond watermarked, vintage from 80'

Temo.

Edited by Temo M

Today, I'm playing with a nicely restored Wahl-Eversharp Skyline, in excellent condition. Using Waterman's "Tender Purple" ink...

fpn_1413645495__wahl_eversharp-skyline-s

Sheaffer Valor Burgundy, bought yesterday in Munich. Filles with Pelikan blue-black.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/6049/B1WNzC.jpg

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

I thought about the R&K, but there are 1-2 similar inks out there! ;)

No wonder they match really nicely!

You are right! I have just bought Chiku-Rin :P

This R&K feathers way too much (really really really wet pen). I'll send u some if you like ;)

Lol@ink question ;) I believe that at least 50% of people have paired this pen with Rohrer&Klingner Alt-Goldgrun :) it's just a perfect match!

I was going to guess J. Herbin "Vert Olive" --but the Alt-Goldgrun is a lovely choice for that pen!

And by the way, I think I have the same pen, but it came with an extra fine nib --which I thought I might like as a change of pace, but I discovered that I cannot stand extra fine nibs; they just don't match my writing style and they feel like I'm writing with a sewing needle dipped in ink--. So now I am in the market for a nib more to my liking for that pen. Maybe a stub / oblique ? Hmmm.

@HalloweenHJB Pelikan have 28days nib exchange policy...I am too considering OM, but I can't let go of the pen, lol....

And Vert Olive is awesome! Used to be my fav J Herbin ink....till Stormy Grey came out ;)