Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

:happy:

It does get even more crazy, like other sheeny inks when the ink level is lower.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140930/P1220542_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

What you just said... Is it true? Sheeny inks are sheenier (I have the feeling those words don't exist... But the fun part is that you understand me, right?) when the pen is almost dry? Because that would explain why once (just once!), I had a wonderful sheen with a pen that I think was inked with Diamine Eclipe, but I never knew for sure and I haven't seen that sheen after that with Eclipse...

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i.imgur.com/IzaNcL0.jpg

I meant to tell you that that pen is beautiful too.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Vignette - Gorgeous pen, and I never thought of naming mine!

Attila - Hmmmm is this Medium Bird?

attachicon.gifIMG_5803.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5800.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5801.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5802.jpg

Dig the Krone - are the colors as pretty as I think they would be?

BTW, letter in MB Toffee Brown will come to you for CRV with Copper.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

What you just said... Is it true? Sheeny inks are sheenier (I have the feeling those words don't exist... But the fun part is that you understand me, right?) when the pen is almost dry? Because that would explain why once (just once!), I had a wonderful sheen with a pen that I think was inked with Diamine Eclipe, but I never knew for sure and I haven't seen that sheen after that with Eclipse...

At least, this is what I've experienced. :happy:

I think you'll like the Yama-dori! It shades nicely too!

May I ask what ink are using in the Belmont?

Dig the Krone - are the colors as pretty as I think they would be?

BTW, letter in MB Toffee Brown will come to you for CRV with Copper.

Yes the Krone is a beautiful pen in person as it is in photos....Yay! I am excited, I want to see the MB Toffee Brown...

Vignette, what's your ink colour? It's very interesting.

The sheen on Yama-Dori is incredible. I couldn't help myself, I just ordered a bottle. I hope I can see such beautiful sheen when I use it myself!

(this website is bad for my bank balance)

fpn_1412117949__img_0929_699x1024.jpg

fpn_1412117723__img_0908_1024x768.jpg

I could post piles of amazing photos from the canoe trip but don't want to clog up this thread. Suffice it to say it was fantastic!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

I simply love this thread! There are so many beautiful pictures and gorgeous handwriting and pens. It makes me happy to look at it! Thank you!

DCpritch - Just a guess. Were you in the BWCA? Great photo!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

fpn_1412117723__img_0908_1024x768.jpg

I could post piles of amazing photos from the canoe trip but don't want to clog up this thread. Suffice it to say it was fantastic!

Awwww !!!

I can't begin to tell you how that's cheered me up.

God bless.

Edited by Tas

WOW WOW WOW WOW

Yes! Its on my _cheek! LOL :lticaptd:

It might seem like I'm HUGE fan, but I use my Lamy and Pilot pens the most.

:happy:

It does get even more crazy, like other sheeny inks when the ink level is lower.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140930/P1220542_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I love your pictures!

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1774.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141001_193346.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/924425_669299686510960_1449737095_n.jpg

Tried this today. :)

Very cool.

Wow, attika89, that Yama-Dori ink is quite something. I will need to get a bottle of that at some point. Great handwriting as well.

Vignette and cellardoor04, you have reminded me of some inks I need to get back into use, looks great :)

dcpritch, that looks wonderful. Been way too long since I've been out of the city.

Here's the pen I'm using today. I've had this for a while, but hadn't inked it up for a couple of years I think. Can't remember where I got the nib for it, but it's just incredibly smooth and juicy. (I do remember spending some time getting it to that point though).

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/629cfc37-a60c-46b2-a46b-2f6804407624_zpsc9141679.jpg

I'm too intimidated to share. Please don't mind my standing along the wall and just appreciating.

My Pens in chronological order:

Baoer 388 - Black - M nib

Lamy AL-Star - Blue - F nib

Kaweco AL Sport - Raw aluminium - M nib