Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you liked them! If I have a chance, maybe I can show more... but of a light-hearted nature next time. Because the words shown there were on the sombre side. ..

For example: 保持心中一片净土 meant to "maintain a sacred land in your heart" and 死不带去 meant "you won't be able to take anything with you in death". I was musing about the unlimited wants that we have as humans, and the conclusion was to let go, since you won't be able to take anything with you in death.

Hope I haven't spoiled the mood by explaining those characters :unsure:

~Epic

EDIT: Added in missing words

:) Whether or not you enjoy country music, you should listen to Kristian Bush's "Trailer Hitch." The lyrics pretty much echo what you've just written.

Lol, we should make a new thread for that :))))

Why not, and this one is the thread just for the day after ( Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using ....)

And, seeing what each other uses, you can then choose the one which will be your next one : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:) Whether or not you enjoy country music, you should listen to Kristian Bush's "Trailer Hitch." The lyrics pretty much echo what you've just written.

Just listened to it! And yep, the lyrics mean exactly what I wanted to write, except what I wrote didn't have a tune to it :P

Thank you for the recommendation of a song ^^

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

attachicon.gifFpnFall_IMG_3840.JPG

Leaves are starting to drop out back... perfect time for notes with Orange Crush.

That is really incredibly beautiful! Autumn is such a beautiful time at our latitude (although I think that Pennsylvania is just a bit to the north of us here in Indiana, and your leaves must be more colorful than they are here). The penmanship is lovely, and the ink color is perfect for that display. I have a love-hate relationship with most orange inks, but that one looks like just the shade I would enjoy.

Happy birthday Attika! Hope you get the "big bird"… :-)

attachicon.gifSDC11360.jpg

This Konrad nib is not as "flexi" as the new Ahab I have but the pen is prettier. Ink is Diamine Meadow (one of my favourites!).

Papen, beautiful photo, everything matches.., pen, ink, lovely autumn leaves...

Always nice to visit this thread, lots of eye candy!

The pen is certainly most pretty! I think you were the one who got me started with Diamine Meadow, so I must thank you for that!

I hope to create something as lovely as papen did --just in time for All Hallow's Eve... ;)

Today's pen is a Pel, the Pelikan M200 grey marbled.

Apologies for the Chinese writing, it's what I was writing...

~Epic

Would you mind confirming which paper you are using?

Thanks

Would you mind confirming which paper you are using?

Thanks

No problem. The paper being used is 100gsm paper, the brand is PaperOne.

Here's the link: http://www.paperone.com/products/paperone-range/product-paperone-digital/23-paperone-range/3-paperone%E2%84%A2-digital.html

I would say paper at that weight (ie 100gsm) should be thick enough to withstand FP ink well, so try out a thicker paper. I know the HP 24lb paper gets recommended a lot.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Just listened to it! And yep, the lyrics mean exactly what I wanted to write, except what I wrote didn't have a tune to it :P

Thank you for the recommendation of a song ^^

~Epic

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Current lineup: Waterman Laureat, Pelikan M400 (I think), Waterman Leman 100, Lamy Safari Vista, Muji, Platinum Cool. Please excuse my Nexus 4's camera, couldn't take a decent shot if its life depended on it.

The only pen still giving me trouble is the Laureat, a particularly smooth writer in spite of the receding gold, which unfortunately gushes ink when not in use: there's always lots of ink on the nib when uncapping it; a new Waterman converter I just got doesn't stay put inside the pen, not very refined to be using duct tape with fountain pens... I'm already asking for help in the Waterman forum, any ideas appreciated.

post-80983-0-95512500-1411936944_thumb.jpg

post-80983-0-94422300-1411937097.jpg

post-80983-0-54444900-1411937113.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

No problem. The paper being used is 100gsm paper, the brand is PaperOne.

Here's the link: http://www.paperone.com/products/paperone-range/product-paperone-digital/23-paperone-range/3-paperone™-digital.html

I would say paper at that weight (ie 100gsm) should be thick enough to withstand FP ink well, so try out a thicker paper. I know the HP 24lb paper gets recommended a lot.

~Epic

Current lineup: Waterman Laureat, Pelikan M400 (I think), Waterman Leman 100, Lamy Safari Vista, Muji, Platinum Cool. Please excuse my Nexus 4's camera, couldn't take a decent shot if its life depended on it.

The only pen still giving me trouble is the Laureat, a particularly smooth writer in spite of the receding gold, which unfortunately gushes ink when not in use: there's always lots of ink on the nib when uncapping it; a new Waterman converter I just got doesn't stay put inside the pen, not very refined to be using duct tape with fountain pens... I'm already asking for help in the Waterman forum, any ideas appreciated.

I'm seeing some pens you like more than others.....

BTW, my Laureat is not a good performer and I never use it. I just sent it off the beloved pen mechanic.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

:P I love the notepad! Beautiful pen. :)

I did a series of quotes ... Geeks do IT with Windows....With Software...With Hardware you get IT. The paper was crummy - HP Color laser paper. Expensive to buy and little did I know not fountain pen friendly. Anyway, those pads are ten years old or so now.

The pen was a recent steal from a fellow FPNer, Egolf.l

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'll augment that :lol: :

fpn_1411853236__fountaincake1.jpg

WOWZA - and happy Birthday, Big Bird...oh wait, Attika..hope you get Big Bird.

Thank you. I enjoyed the video.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140926_234934.jpg

PHOTO_20140928_125941.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1747.jpg

I did a series of quotes ... Geeks do IT with Windows....With Software...With Hardware you get IT. The paper was crummy - HP Color laser paper. Expensive to buy and little did I know not fountain pen friendly. Anyway, those pads are ten years old or so now.

The pen was a recent steal from a fellow FPNer, Egolf.l

hahaha! :D Very nice!