Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been having a devil of a time resizing my photos on my galaxy s5. Any tips? Is there an app for this forum?

While in the photo mode go into the settings. Look for image size and set it lower. It defaults at the best photo quality. There's no app for FPN:(

post-99778-0-53893200-1411002943_thumb.jpg

@arts_nibs

While in the photo mode go into the settings. Look for image size and set it lower. It defaults at the best photo quality. There's no app for FPN:(

Thank you! Now that makes sense. But sad there's no app. :(

OOOO OOOO I just inked up a great combo. The nib is from LahLahLaw. The ink is KWZI #17 and it is as bright as BSB.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140917_155908.jpg

That ink looks really beautiful on my screen.

fpn_1410998261__crest.jpg

DET, what paper are you using?

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Having some fun today with a Noodler's Ahab and a Speedball nib. Can't really control it yet, but could be excellent with a dry ink I imagine.

Ink all over my fingers.......

It would probably fit in the cap if you took off the overfeed/ink reservoir. Should tame the flow as well. An experiment for another day.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0173_zps2d8188a1.jpg

The flow calmed down a bit after a while.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0171_zps5948f873.jpg

Edited by Bronze

DET, what paper are you using?

It's just tracing paper from the Blick art-supply store -- their house brand. Nothing too special. Fountain-pen ink spreads slightly on it, though no feathering, which is nice. The shading looks more dramatic in the photo than it does in person, unfortunately.

Using my Sailor Pro Gear M/F Yellow/Rhodium and Diamine Sargasso Sea to journal lessons learned from the last few hard months at my current pastoral call. It's been a hard few months but a growing time. I'm finally thinking through and processing the difficult lessons that I am confident will serve me well in the future. Uuuugggghhhh. Ready for some rest. Heb 4:9.

post-115418-0-35408400-1411064514_thumb.jpg

Matt

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

That ink looks really beautiful on my screen.

This inks makes Akkerman #13 look bland.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Serendipity: my Edison Nouveau Premiere came in yesterday and my friend (who collects WE inks) gave me a sample of his Carlo Collodi ink yesterday.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/e311db6bf76b3897c3654605a36b3cab/tumblr_nc4q39y4Ip1qgziczo1_1280.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3ac35d5d6032115c177ad6ee4d1b54e8/tumblr_nc4q39y4Ip1qgziczo3_1280.jpg

Attika and Tringle, I'm now humming Waylon Jennings.... "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane."

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Using my Sailor Pro Gear M/F Yellow/Rhodium and Diamine Sargasso Sea to journal lessons learned from the last few hard months at my current pastoral call. It's been a hard few months but a growing time. I'm finally thinking through and processing the difficult lessons that I am confident will serve me well in the future. Uuuugggghhhh. Ready for some rest. Heb 4:9.

attachicon.gifphoto1.JPG

Matt

Yellow has always been the last colour I would consider when choosing a pen, but there's something about your Sailor that looks very inviting. Thank you also for sharing pages from your journal.

Still using the Edison, still using the MB Collodi ink, but here's some math and a snail!

http://i60.tinypic.com/98d5lk.jpg

This is also the WIDEST line I've ever gotten out of an EF nib, which is a little annoying but not the end of the world. Could just be the ink.

^ What is all that math saying?

I loooooove reading about physics, watching documentaries (Cosmos was awesome), but I hate the thought of how hard the math must be. ...but I'm still curious how you turn what looks like randomness to me into something.

tinysnail-- is the snail escaping from the math? I would, fast as I could...

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens