Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10,000 posts, 334 pages in two years. I love how people complain that FPN is too much about "help me find a great black ink" and not enough about pen use. If 10,000 posts doesn't answer that question in a topic that is CLEARLY about using our pens (with a little fun included...), I don't know what would. Diatribe over.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

...and, since my Gin's 51 ran out yesterday (those vac 51's NEVER run out!), I pulled out a pen that's been waiting patiently, my Edel.

15245235036_7eb1266905_z.jpg

15081549700_79e783f1b0_n.jpg15267859342_799dbfaf74_n.jpg

Zookie, I love your handwriting. It needs to be a whole handwritten novel.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

Haha, cute story. I really like Fuyu-Syogun in my Konrad since the flex nib reaaaally shows off some pretty shading. A friend of mine has a bottle so says he'll refill my sample vial when I'm out because he doesn't use it often. :cloud9:

(ps: got the stationery in the mail from you today! :) )

edited to not repost images

Glad you liked it. The F-S is a nice ink. Enjoy the paper! I like your snail on top of the last image, it was fun.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I prefer Habanero to Apache Sunset. Looks beautiful on that paper with your writing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

10,000 posts, 334 pages in two years. I love how people complain that FPN is too much about "help me find a great black ink" and not enough about pen use. If 10,000 posts doesn't answer that question in a topic that is CLEARLY about using our pens (with a little fun included...), I don't know what would. Diatribe over.

Tim

:) I keep trying to come up with Inky TODs, but I post more on this thread than on my those.

You guys know how much I love this thread.

Matched only by how much we love your drawings. Thanks for keeping me inspired. :thumbup:

10,000 posts, 334 pages in two years. I love how people complain that FPN is too ...

Diatribe over.

Well said. I wish that those who might complain would see what you've written, but I'm afraid that with 10,000 posts they might get distracted and end up buying pens and writing with them, and maybe even taking pictures and joining the fun. :)

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Happy to get post 10013!

Got a vintage Duocraft in the mail today. Loaded it up with Diamine Oxblood. Freaky music nib --as you can see. Lots of fun!

fpn_1410984370__ducraft-text.jpg

fpn_1410984412__duocraft-nib.jpg

fpn_1410984400__duocraft-nib-back.jpg

fpn_1410984387__duocraft-imprint.jpg

but I post more on this thread than on my those.

Hear Hear! ,much as we love the TODs..this is great.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

I'll start off today...well, was going to but I can't either stay up as late as AmberLea is or get up as early...

Tim

:wub:

OOOO OOOO I just inked up a great combo. The nib is from LahLahLaw. The ink is KWZI #17 and it is as bright as BSB.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140917_155908.jpg

Wow! That is lovely. A platinum MB 146 with B nib has been on my wishlist for quite a while. Absolutely gorgeous!

Not platinum, just a B/W pic ;)