Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Tas: Don't tell anybody, but the first time I was in Harrods, I bought several Cuban cigars that came home with me to be enjoyed later. The nice sales clerk assured me that they had been hand rolled on the supple dark thighs of virgins in Havana. Your drawing brought that slightly embarrassing memory back to me! What a cool store, where a Diet Coke at the cafe cost me 5 pounds and a trip to the ladies room included an attendant who shaved soap into my hands and provided me with a warm fluffy towel to dry them when I was done.

I bought a dog bowl that my pooch drinks water from, white porcelain with the Harrods of Knightsbridge logo in gold leaf. He is, after all, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and deserves only the best! :)

DCPritch - your Nakaya is a work of art. Glad I could help you find the right ink for it. They got 7" of snow in the Black Hills today, and their weather is headed this way. Better find your mukluks and put another coating of waterproofing on them, soon.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad the drawing brought back memories. It was done for you an will be heading your way soon, well, soonish. Still got to tick a few more things off your list!

... time to break out some orange pens and inks ...

fpn_1410364106__img_0475_825x1024.jpg

So the hard frost this morning (28 F) gave the impetus to make good on my promise about orange pens. Here's one I really love to ink and use. I needed to sign some documents today and needed a good, permanent ink, so I used a 1940s bottle of Parker Quink Permanent Royal Blue, which after 65 years or so continues to work perfectly.

fpn_1410472815__parker_duofold_senior_bi

fpn_1410472906__parker_duofold_senior_bi

fpn_1410472941__parker_duofold_senior_bi

tmenyc, thanks for the very kind words. I think we all would agree that fountain pens fall in the category of usable art, and I especially appreciate those who make actual art with these instruments.

amberlea, I hope you are able to see a tree this month. I think there are a few in front of the Bellagio fountains. :D

And I agree, this is an awesome thread. Always plenty of great pens, ink and writing to drool over.

Sinistral, great story about Harrods. I'm hoping the snow doesn't hit here!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1486.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140911_152505.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is always a fun thread, the pens, writing, artwork and people are pleasant and exciting.

Have a great day folks!

Troy

Coop, its been nice to have you join in so often, even if lately it hasn't been so frequently. You'll have a tough choice between Diamine Sapphire and Iro asa gao as both are great inks. I can certainly see how cost might be a deciding point.

fpn_1410363933__img_0478_700x1024.jpg

fpn_1410363958__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

urushi detail:

fpn_1410363989__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

fpn_1410364015__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

nice shading with this ink:

fpn_1410364046__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

Today's full line-up:

fpn_1410364073__img_0492_832x1024.jpg

Looks like its about time to break out some orange pens and inks! I snapped this photo on the drive to work this morning:

fpn_1410364106__img_0475_825x1024.jpg

Beautiful Pens and pics.. Time to rake leaves and dig out the snow shovels..... right after I pull out the fall inks and pens.... I AM INSPIRED... favorite time of the year... Oh Yeah!

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

...back to my Metro, snce I changed ink and you've seen all the other inked pens lately. Fresh pens next week.

eek...strange lighting again! Can't tell which is better, if either. I've gotta do this at home.

15029505630_f51eb00552_c.jpg

Tim

15213136951_6d1a8be0c7_c.jpg

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag175/ink00/v8b73n4_zpsd976ed98.jpg

piano fountain pen with black dollar ink

"On every dishonest man,there are two watchmen,his possessions and his way of living."

Hazrat Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

What a nice thread. I've been away from fountain pens for a while. Just inked up a few pens last night. So good to be back!

Handwriting is a bit out of shape, but that'll hopefully come along after some practice.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/ff9e3c0b-24f3-4c97-8576-69d24c5807a0_zps018632b9.jpg

Magnificent pens, colors, and penmanship!

Well today I´m using this pens, and as a left handed, I enjoy them a lot!!

By the way, I need an ink to match the Mark Twain, any suggestions?

Welcome, Spanish left-handed friend (amigo zurdo español)!

I love the Raw Siena and Oxblood, so I'm not sure if you should try an ink for the Mark Twain that is complementary or analogous. For a color in the same family of dark, moody inks, you can't go wrong with Burnt Siena or Ancient Copper. But if you want something brighter for more contrast, you could try Meadow or Mediterranean Blue.

Today, I'm playing ....

fpn_1410524627__xpro6417.jpg

fpn_1410524775__xpro6419.jpgfpn_1410524676__xpro6418.jpg

I'm fascinated! This is news to me: you can exchange nibs on this pen? What kind of miracle, magical pen is this? Do you need to dip it, or does the feed work with the replacement nibs?

I'm just trying to imagine the amazing possibilities!

Welcome, Spanish left-handed friend (amigo zurdo español)!

I love the Raw Siena and Oxblood, so I'm not sure if you should try an ink for the Mark Twain that is complementary or analogous. For a color in the same family of dark, moody inks, you can't go wrong with Burnt Siena or Ancient Copper. But if you want something brighter for more contrast, you could try Meadow or Mediterranean Blue.

Great spanish there!!! Gracias (thank you)!

I was looking for something that matches the cap's colour but I LOVE Ancient Copper :)

post-114323-0-51440700-1410599670_thumb.jpeg