Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

@amberleadavis -- Well ... who knew?

Yes, glad I asked. But no, not going to quote your post(s) here for the reply back! (Terrified I've pushed this too far down the bunny trail off topic anyway, and that since I've started actually posting in the thread I'll have to actually provide some "show us" before too long. Been a bit nervous about that for some reason.)

Anyway, good story. I do remember seeing bits of that from time to time but never put it all together.

Centipede, huh? Again, who knew?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@amberleadavis -- Well ... who knew?

Yes, glad I asked. But no, not going to quote your post(s) here for the reply back! (Terrified I've pushed this too far down the bunny trail off topic anyway, and that since I've started actually posting in the thread I'll have to actually provide some "show us" before too long. Been a bit nervous about that for some reason.)

Anyway, good story. I do remember seeing bits of that from time to time but never put it all together.

Centipede, huh? Again, who knew?

Glad you enjoy.

I admit, that most of the pens here are amazing. I try and add humor even when I can't add amazing pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today I am using my first Japanese pen. I had asked for some suggestions on the ink over in Inky Thoughts and ended up selecting the MB Red chalk ink. I think it might be a bit too orange for this pen so the refill will likely be Noodlers Red-Black. In the mean time, I am enjoying the stub nib.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Dang that's nifty.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140908_081723.jpg

The black on is a roller ball. I have a matching burgundy roller ball also.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1438.jpg

Okay, with a little effort and no artistic skill, here is a closeup of the nib.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140909_143544.jpg

You can see it still needs cleaning. Also, the Deep Dark Red has high surface tension. It died out on me mid fill. I don't think it's a great cleaning ink. Noodler's Rattler Red will be my next fill.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140909_143555.jpg

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag175/ink00/v9b93n545_zpsb07c6aad.jpg

a dollar sp-10

"On every dishonest man,there are two watchmen,his possessions and his way of living."

Hazrat Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_cigar_mocha_p45_medium_nib.jpg

After a recent trip to Harrods as part of a project for a friend.

Pen: Parker 45 Medium nib (can't wait for my eBayed Fine nib to arrive this week)

Ink: Parker Mocha (apologies for the yellow cast)

Paper: Seawhite

JUst received this Pelikan Graphos ....

It will be in use tomorrow ....

I wish you all the best. I bought a similar kit but it drove me to despair. :wallbash:

Edited by Tas

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_cigar_mocha_p45_medium_nib.jpg

After a recent trip to Harrods as part of a project for a friend.

Pen: Parker 45 Medium nib (can't wait for my eBayed Fine nib to arrive this week)

Ink: Parker Mocha (apologies for the yellow cast)

Paper: Seawhite

I wish you all the best. I bought a similar kit but it drove me to despair. :wallbash:

No one met me at Harrods.... -_-

15011279358_d5625776b4_c.jpg

Yay! This was my 200th post!

Edited by Coop

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Coop, its been nice to have you join in so often, even if lately it hasn't been so frequently. You'll have a tough choice between Diamine Sapphire and Iro asa gao as both are great inks. I can certainly see how cost might be a deciding point.

fpn_1410363933__img_0478_700x1024.jpg

fpn_1410363958__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

urushi detail:

fpn_1410363989__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

fpn_1410364015__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

nice shading with this ink:

fpn_1410364046__nakaya_neo_standard_bb_s

Today's full line-up:

fpn_1410364073__img_0492_832x1024.jpg

Looks like its about time to break out some orange pens and inks! I snapped this photo on the drive to work this morning:

fpn_1410364106__img_0475_825x1024.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Wow, I've heard of those things.... I think they are called trees?

Just wanted to say that I've been following this post for a while and have been inspired by all your beautiful pens, inks, and of course handwriting. :)
So I think it's about time I post something of my own... some sketches drawn with an Esterbrook LJ with a 9556 nib and J. Herbin Lie de Thé.

post-113937-0-32596200-1410370637_thumb.jpg

Wow, I've heard of those things.... I think they are called trees?

No no no... They're called Ents, they were addressed in this thread some time ago...

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

OH, yes, I have one in my hall way. It is a purple one. I haven't seen an orange one.