Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Hi Dcpritch,

Thanks for comment. Here's the full lyrics of this nice song.

:)

photo%2B1.JPG

photo%2B2.JPG

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here at work, loving using my Wality fit for Esterbrook nibs that I got from Hari. The Escalade nib (drinks a lot of fuel...) is wonderful with the eyedropper. The light coming in is so bright today that I had to take this in a shadowed area on my desk.

14951900187_7db1dfd78e_b.jpg

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

I am in awe of everyone's pens and beautiful handwriting on this forum. This is a great thread for those of us who are thoroughly "eye-minded" (visual learners).

Recently, I was able to get a truly stunning Italian-made Waterman 42 ("Safety") from the 1930s, and I filled it today, and all is well! The only slightly bothersome aspect is after you post the cap, and remove it, it leaves ink on the bottom of the pen, which has to be wiped away with a rag. But the beauty of the pen more than makes up for this minor inconvenience!

When it was up for auction, I don't think that people realized that the engraving suggests that this must have been a pen that was given to officers in Mussolini's 44th Infantry regiment. In spite of the horrible fascist connection, it may be a pen of truly historical significance! (I hope I'm right about this!)

Here are a couple of photos, and a writing sample:

fpn_1409843178__waterman-italian-total.j

fpn_1409843155__waterman-italian-cap-nib

fpn_1409843073__italian_waterman-sample.

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Hi Dcpritch,

photo%2B1.JPG

photo%2B2.JPG

I want to write like that..... http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-crying-038.gif

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

fpn_1409778791__img_0444_670x1024.jpg

fpn_1409778821__tibaldi_modello_60_stub_

David

I really like the fine nib on my Tibaldi, I can get some flexibility out of it and it writes like a medium. The 60 is by far one of my favorite modern pens. I now have to pull mine out of the case....

Troy

I want to write like that..... http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-crying-038.gif

Me too....Thanks now you made me cry..... :crybaby:

Here at work, loving using my Wality fit for Esterbrook nibs that I got from Hari. The Escalade nib (drinks a lot of fuel...) is wonderful with the eyedropper. The light coming in is so bright today that I had to take this in a shadowed area on my desk.

14951900187_7db1dfd78e_b.jpg

I like your stationery.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/diablo2duc/e6851093-d7c9-4ceb-b7fa-73283fba30ab.jpg

Just doodled this... Mabie + Tsuki Yo ...

carretera18 - such an eclectic musical taste. DM to Johnny Nash

tmenyc - I have a couple of "Escalade" nibs, usually I fill them up and keep a bottle close at hand.

Sorry, but I also got into the lyric thing :P
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140905/P1220316-1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
149 OBB - Diamine China Blue
Actually I couldn't find this lyrics anywhere... :roller1:

photo%2B2.JPG

On no you di'int!
C'mon, that's beautiful! :happy:

Edited by attika89

Too much coffee made my handwriting one notch past obscene today, so .. this is a custom Guider Jumbo (huge!) ebonite eyedropper with a vintage Wearever 14kt nib and brass snake clip (formerly a ring). It's too big to carry so it serves as a conspicuous piece of functional desk art.

post-99778-0-37585300-1409869530_thumb.jpg

@arts_nibs

Too much coffee made my handwriting one notch past obscene today, so .. this is a custom Guider Jumbo (huge!) ebonite eyedropper with a vintage Wearever 14kt nib and brass snake clip (formerly a ring). It's too big to carry so it serves as a conspicuous piece of functional desk art.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lets see the nib!

Lets see the nib!

I wasn't feeling the gold nib, so I re-ground the Guider steel nib and put it back in:

post-99778-0-76653300-1409879555_thumb.jpg

post-99778-0-99739400-1409879573_thumb.jpg

@arts_nibs

This is the pen I am currently using. I'm going to type what I wrote due to the lighting and possibility of penmanship translation..lol The pen i'm currently using is my first custom made pen purchase which I JUST received tonight at 8pm! This pen comes from the hands and creative vision of an Israeli Engineer. The body and cap are hand turned with beautiful sea green and turquoise Corian hard acrylic. The nib is a #6 German 24 ct. gold with Iridium point, a medium. The length uncapped is: 129 mm and capped: 140 mm. The pen writes pretty smoothly and evenly with no skipping. The pen weight is 1.55 ozs. The width of the barrel is larger than i'm accustomed to, but it feels nice. Looking forward to using it for many colorful inky years to come. P.S. the FP also came with this free cheap but pretty ballpoint that I can carry with me as a reply to the dreaded, "Can I borrow your pen..." question.. :) Nice foresight.

post-108733-0-08520000-1409902434_thumb.jpg

Hi Dcpritch,

Beautiful!

My Gama Airborne:

15143934152_6c42239a37_c.jpg

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Instagram

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/philena_lj/DSC08443.jpg

Oh dear, I hate when that happens.

Good things will come of it though.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, this is such great stuff.

LahLahLaw, your nibs are little works of art.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY