Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

http://i.imgur.com/bWCOtFZ.jpg

This is a pen for Germans - for it is coloured black, red and gold like Germany`s flag. A "Schlandfueller" (Schlandpen) as they would call it these days. Schland is a funny abbreviation of Deutschland (Germany) and in use since chancelor Angela Merkel once had a chain with thick gems hanging around her neck. This odd looking, very clumsy jewellery was called "Schlandkette" (kette means chain) by someone on the web, then hashtagged and appeared in the german media the other day. Since then calling Germany Schland has become common use, especially during the soccer world championship people would cry out "Schlaaaaand, Schlaaand!" to support their soccer team.

"Whisky, cigars, no sports." (Winston Churchill)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i.imgur.com/bWCOtFZ.jpg

This is a pen for Germans - for it is coloured black, red and gold like Germany`s flag. A "Schlandfueller" (Schlandpen) as they would call it these days. Schland is a funny abbreviation of Deutschland (Germany) and in use since chancelor Angela Merkel once had a chain with thick gems hanging around her neck. This odd looking, very clumsy jewellery was called "Schlandkette" (kette means chain) by someone on the web, then hashtagged and appeared in the german media the other day. Since then calling Germany Schland has become common use, especially during the soccer world championship people would cry out "Schlaaaaand, Schlaaand!" to support their soccer team.

WOW - That is a very fine nib, looks like a great pen especially for Schlandvolk.

My first snorkel, and I had to repair it to get it working. It's a little wet and broader than I care for, but it's a nice pen. I have another one just like it coming for another repair.

post-114088-0-22761600-1409527278_thumb.jpg

A LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time ago.... :lticaptd:

Hey, I know how old you are! B)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

fpn_1409420944__sweet_020.jpg

fpn_1409422240__ezgifcom-gif-maker_1.gif

WOW

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thanks, I have sent an email to Goulet Pens (where I got it). I have since tried different inks

Diamine Red Dragon - leaked

Private reserve (fast dry) - some leakage but it wasn't loaded long as is was NOT fast drying

right now I have Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. That is the last ink swap I am doing. I think I have done my fair share of testing. I will wait and see if it leaks / what I hear back from Goulet Pens.

Thanks again!

JodyW, the customer support at Pilot / Namiki is wonderful. I've put up the contact info for the person who helped me.

Hey, I know how old you are! B)

Shhhhhh..............I know I have a few loooonnnnngggg time ago items myself.

Hey, AmberleaDavis... Really digging your new icon...

and Triangle

you're both just pups... live it up and buy ink... you can always use more ink...

Oldtimer, the ink is Diamine Gray... Ordered mine on line... Thanks for the comments...

RW

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Shhhhhh..............I know I have a few loooonnnnngggg time ago items myself.

:) No kidding.

Thank you, Napalm found it here:

http://sirnosh.deviantart.com/

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1344.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140831_171930.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1343.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140831_175637.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1342.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140831_181220.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140831_171049.jpg

I am using my new Platinum 3776 Century in the beautiful Bourgogne color. It has a wonderful 14 k medium nib and it is inked with J Herbin Rouge Hematite which complements well the pen.

post-110431-0-62674600-1409609146_thumb.jpg

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

I am using my new Platinum 3776 Century in the beautiful Bourgogne color. It has a wonderful 14 k medium nib and it is inked with J Herbin Rouge Hematite which complements well the pen.

Very nice color on your Platinum 3776....I may go with a burgundy ink, if it was my pen. ;)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140901/P1220244_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

14920845617_b2127059d4_z.jpg

link

You can always send it to me if you do not want your 149....

No, no, no, noooo.....

and Triangle

you're both just pups... live it up and buy ink... you can always use more ink...

Oldtimer, the ink is Diamine Gray... Ordered mine on line... Thanks for the comments...

RW

I love a good enabler.... :D

You all have such beautiful handwriting! Carretera's Plato quotation is so lovely - the shading in that in makes me want to order one immediately!

Floreat,

Thanks for kind comment!

:thumbup:

fpn_1409242763__montblanc_138_bb_765x102

Amazing Montblanc! This nib is a dream!

:puddle:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

I've been lucky enough to get a way for a few days and am only just catching up on a few threads - I've saved this one until last.

Sooo many beautiful pens, inks writing and artwork to be inspired by. Wow.

Sitting in the shade sketching people sitting in the sun with my trusty Ahab loaded with Red Rubber Ball.

I'll no doubt recall these precious moments to recharge my mind in times of need later.

Nice scketch!

Fantastic and thanks for the nib shot :)

Thanks!

:thumbup:

Noodler's Ahab inked with Diamine Syrah

Lovely handwriting and ink color!

By far my favorite FP. How many ways can I write "It's Friday" with the Spencerian flex. Anyone up for mixing graffiti style elements with copperplate?

attachicon.giffriday.jpg

Your always amaze me when shows new habilities.

I wish I can write at least on time that good!...

Still I always drool when I see your penmanship! :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Thanks for kind comment!

:blush:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18