Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The trees look like other pines, but the wood is yellow not white.

http://www.pinetum.org/Lovett/ewhitelobbarkwood.jpg

Here is the local floral.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Mount_Charleston_South_Loop_trailhead_1.jpg

Haha, thanks for the dendrology lesson. That's actually pretty cool; I had no idea. Never know what you'll learn commenting on an ink review :)

Pretty picture too - now I'll always associate Shin-ryoku ink with those yellow pines.

What kind of nib is on that Parker 51. Looks like it creates a lush, smooth line.

elevennx - I believe it is a broad....I love it, was my grandfathers, and its a dry writer.

Jadehawk,

I have a writing sample at the end of this pen review.

Yeah!.. Asked for a video of a writing sample and you surprise me with almost 8 minutes of one.. Nice review, you make that nib stand out!..

Thank you.

@00Photo

Tringle,

It is an eyedropper. Hari sells the Wality eyedroppers to fit Esterbrook nibs. I posted about it in market watch recently. I've been using a Wality eyedropper for years...it adds a little bit of risk to my life, although this is my first fill with the Esterbrook nib, so I'm curious to see whether it holds ink as well as the volume goes down in the barrel. My Wality nib and feed let me get down to about 7/8 empty before blurping, and that's assuming it's not super hot and I'm not spending time in meetings sloshing the ink back and forth and heating it up. And, thanks for not judging my it's...

Amberlea,

that is one beautiful Sheaffer!

Congrats on making it to high school...of course, it's the parents' achievement, the kids just get old enough. So saith the father of 25 and 27 year-olds...

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

... before you think I'm justing letting this pen sit ...

No one would ever believe you might allow a pen to sit unused. Your writing looks great with that stub!

...good thing my adult children won't see this post, I'd never hear the end of it!

Oh I'm sure you are joined by in that sentiment by every person here with adult children! No judgments about punctuation or spelling or grammar here. :)

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

A new pen today that I picked up at the SF pen show from Ryan of Ryan Krusac Studios. If you like wood pens this is a real good looking spalted oak. It has a #6 German made nib (Dayacom) that is smooth but firm. The pen is well made with smooth transitions between the wood and metal portions. It is quite heavy to write with, so not recommended for long writing sessions.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi, new to the board, but have been lurking for a week or two. I wanted to introduce myself to my most oft read thread. Thanks for all your posts! Love seeing your handwriting. Here is my Noodler's nib creaper with a Wahl Oxford #2 nib and J. Herbin eclat de saphir on a Picadilly lined notebook.

post-115746-0-47446200-1409078046.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1322.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140826_104540.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Hi, new to the board, but have been lurking for a week or two. I wanted to introduce myself to my most oft read thread. Thanks for all your posts! Love seeing your handwriting. Here is my Noodler's nib creaper with a Wahl Oxford #2 nib and J. Herbin eclat de saphir on a Picadilly lined notebook.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140826_132712.jpg

:W2FPN: Welcome, andeek! Interesting pen, lovely ink. Hope to see much more from you.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Stunning.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

David: That's a rather unusual lever on the Waterman 5116 - how does it work?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.