Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Okay, I rewrote this at least five times...I'm never satisfied...

I've 'practiced' a capital 'A' for hours and I just couldn't get it right...and now I'm sad...

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140813/P1210595_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Another perfect Penmanship .. I love this forum so much inspiration that drives to practice more.. Thank you for sharing.. I will now stalk every post so I can learn a little... ;)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, I think it is a color you would like.

I think so too. It is now on my list of things to buy. But not in a near future. It has been an expensive year this far... I am waiting for two new inks in the mail. Sailor Jentle Epinard and my first brown ink J Herbin Cacao du Bresil.

Detroit Penworks with Visconti Turquoise, Edison Collier with Kobe Nunobiki Emerald, Waterman 52 Red Ripple with Montblanc Burgundy.

00Photo, this one is fantastic. Well, really they all are, but this one even more so. :thumbup:

... I think all the safety pen owners were ignoring me and looking at my inks. :P

I couldn't respond yesterday but it looks like Uncle Red did a great job explaining, with pictures. The problem with a safety pen is that if you unscrew the cap with the pen in a horizontal position the ink will run out, so the pen has to be vertical when the cap is taken off and kept vertical until the nib is propelled to its extended position for writing. Its an easy concept, but not easily remembered until one has an "incident", then you remember every time after. :gaah:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

00Photo, this one is fantastic. Well, really they all are, but this one even more so. :thumbup:

I couldn't respond yesterday but it looks like Uncle Red did a great job explaining, with pictures. The problem with a safety pen is that if you unscrew the cap with the pen in a horizontal position the ink will run out, so the pen has to be vertical when the cap is taken off and kept vertical until the nib is propelled to its extended position for writing. Its an easy concept, but not easily remembered until one has an "incident", then you remember every time after. :gaah:

Experience, the great teacher.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

3rd, I would expect, since I bought it (the sample I was using, as well as an unopened bottle) from the Goulets quite recently. Posted in the RH thread!

AH HAH that's wonderful to know. Mine is version 1.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140812_162738.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140813_170327.jpg

Gift from kids at summer camp....

Those things are evil especially the finer diameters.... they clog just by looking at them.... you have to flush them daily and store clean.

Still using the MoP pen (posted earlier) as my main pen .. though it is now loaded with 54th Massachusetts. BUT .. I did just receive my newest pen for the collection ...

post-114982-0-57719200-1408040412_thumb.jpg

Today, I received a Parker 51. Tomorrow, I' ll flush an fill it .... No time enough today.

fpn_1408041037__aaa.jpgfpn_1408040998__aa.jpgfpn_1408041124__aaaa.jpg

Edited by Thier.

Those things are evil especially the finer diameters.... they clog just by looking at them.... you have to flush them daily and store clean.

Yep, sounds like a perfect gift for mom, something that requires her to clean.

On my desk today, top to bottom:

Indian-made ebonite eyedropper, fine nib, large size

Indian-made ebonite eyedropper, re-ground to a fine stub/italic nib, medium size

Pelikan M200, fine nib

Waterman Taperite, X-Fine accountant's nib

Sheaffer Touchdown TM, 14k fine nib

Parker 45, 14k medium nib

Sheaffer Flat top Junior, fine nib

All sitting in the new desktop holder I made.

Technical details, for those who care: 4/4 N. American Ash; 4.25 X 4.25 X 8.75, angled at 30 degrees, bored with a 0.75 Forstner bit, bores offset by 0.125 inches with the drop to the left; finished to 220 grit, clear penetrating finish (3 parts raw tung oil, 1 part raw linseed oil, 1 part Japan drier, 11 parts spirits of turpentine). Butt-jointed with Titebond III. Minimal cursing involved, for a change no blood sacrifice was made. Damn close, though. ;) Bore openings were enlarged and smoothed with several Nicholson files.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/368276/368276_original.jpg http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/368457/368457_original.jpg

On my desk today, top to bottom:

Indian-made ebonite eyedropper, fine nib, large size

Indian-made ebonite eyedropper, re-ground to a fine stub/italic nib, medium size

Pelikan M200, fine nib

Waterman Taperite, X-Fine accountant's nib

Sheaffer Touchdown TM, 14k fine nib

Parker 45, 14k medium nib

Sheaffer Flat top Junior, fine nib

All sitting in the new desktop holder I made.

Technical details, for those who care: 4/4 N. American Ash; 4.25 X 4.25 X 8.75, angled at 30 degrees, bored with a 0.75 Forstner bit, bores offset by 0.125 inches with the drop to the left; finished to 220 grit, clear penetrating finish (3 parts raw tung oil, 1 part raw linseed oil, 1 part Japan drier, 11 parts spirits of turpentine). Butt-jointed with Titebond III. Minimal cursing involved, for a change no blood sacrifice was made. Damn close, though. ;) Bore openings were enlarged and smoothed with several Nicholson files.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/368276/368276_original.jpg http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/368457/368457_original.jpg

Lovely pen stand!

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

my new boer I like it but you have to use a quality ink in it.

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

http://i.imgur.com/1DDiVBq.jpg

I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man.

CaptainBA - Great Pens!!!!!