Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Love those pink pens and Neil Gaiman!! Here's my new pen--Nakaya piccolo shiro tamenuri with a BB nib ground to a crispish .8 :wub:

fpn_1406927326__0801141623.jpg

fpn_1406927607__0801141622_0001.jpg

Ohh...my heart just stopped <3

This is a masterpiece!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love those pink pens and Neil Gaiman!! Here's my new pen--Nakaya piccolo shiro tamenuri with a BB nib ground to a crispish .8 :wub:

fpn_1406927326__0801141623.jpg

fpn_1406927607__0801141622_0001.jpg

see... Now you are just trying to torture me. 177.5 days to go 'till mine is getting signed for.

I'm racking my brain on ways to speed up this process. I keep thinking Nib.com's list shows zero Naka-ai writers in stock, BUT I would think they would have to have some for the DC and SF pen shows.

Would everyone who has a Nakaya on order please cancel their order, so mine is the only one? pleeeeeease? :wallbash:

Finalist, how is it that you must wait so long?

Perhaps it will give you time to use your other pens for a while because when you get your Nakaya, you'll probably neglect your other pens.

I would love to own a Nakaya...I would left oblique it no doubt. After purchasing a Nakaya there ain't no more wanting of other fountain pens...just more Nakaya!

Ohh...my heart just stopped <3

This is a masterpiece!

Thank you Mishka! I am not good for much today! Fortunately I already did most of my work for the week before receiving this pen.

see... Now you are just trying to torture me. 177.5 days to go 'till mine is getting signed for.

I'm racking my brain on ways to speed up this process. I keep thinking Nib.com's list shows zero Naka-ai writers in stock, BUT I would think they would have to have some for the DC and SF pen shows.

Would everyone who has a Nakaya on order please cancel their order, so mine is the only one? pleeeeeease? :wallbash:

Finalist, I was going to order and wait six months for this pen and considered it my treat of Spring 2015. Then it showed up at nibs.com and I called in for it immediately.

They did tell me they get new pens in about twice a month, so who knows? maybe "your" pen will arrive sooner rather than later!

Best

Katherine

This thread is dangerous. I love the Nakaya -- Wow -- I love the Lamys. I love them all. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Finalist, I was going to order and wait six months for this pen and considered it my treat of Spring 2015. Then it showed up at nibs.com and I called in for it immediately.

They did tell me they get new pens in about twice a month, so who knows? maybe "your" pen will arrive sooner rather than later!

Best

Katherine

thank you for the hope!

I started another thread asking for accounts like this. Nibs.com said 6 months or IF they get one in randomly I may have that one. However, I wonder if there are many people in front of me hoping for a random arrival to claim? I emailed Nakaya and they said something to the effect that they are only making what Nibs.com has ordered, or something like that.

What scares me is sixth months is long enough to fall out of love with spending a small fortune on a pen.

i am loving my Noodler's Creaper, since i did not have any luck with the Ahab. The Creaper is another thing altogether. I followed Goulet's video advice to move the feed in and the nib out so there is more distance between their tips so one can achieve more flex. i am getting better after a few hours of going back to it, draw with it and write more. i am not good at flex, but this is promising since don't think i will ever have a vintage being so expensive and elusive. Also the promise of flex is mostly -unattainable so far.

Edited by Oldtimer

i bid on a pen by mistake and because I am so true to my word i paid for it. i forgot about it but when i received it it was love at first sight. it is not a pen to blow you head away, it just surprise you with its simple lines and steadiness. This was meant to be and is how i was acquainted with an Eversharp Skyline, Dubonet Red, neat! Love the conical look of the top of this simple and good looking girl. it has a soft fine nib and gets along well with me. First at the left, next to Pilot Metro and Jinhao x750.

I had to ad these new photos i took today with a better Camera.

Edited by Oldtimer

Oldtimer, lovely pen... and the others aren't half bad either.

I was in Staples today and somehow, this made its way on to my receipt.

14619299249_0575cdd5c0.jpg

14782956946_6e53aa83a8.jpg

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Jinhao 159 with a Visconti Dreamtouch nib, Montblanc Permanent Grey ink.

14826960543_1897dca87b_b.jpg

Jinhao 159 with a Visconti Dreamtouch nib, Montblanc Permanent Grey ink.

14826960543_1897dca87b_b.jpg

Great flourishes! Really graceful and elegant. Well done.

Thanks to the awesome pics posted by T. Hall I niw have a phone screen saver that keeps me going... For another 177 days and counting.

You've got it real, real bad, Finalist!! I suggest signing up to be a Fab 50 ink tester to help you pass the time and lower your blood pressure while you're waiting for your new baby.....

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Haha, nice! Fans? Really?

Thank you though ;) :blush:

Fans, admirers, other fountain pen friends.... :D

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140802_194941.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Waterman's= Second from right.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m486/Walky08/GROUP/SevenPensMACRO_0479.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m486/Walky08/Waterman/WarwemanswMacro_0429-1.jpg

Edited by Oldtimer