Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's my favorite color - along with being Irish!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

mishka

This is THE BOOK to start out with. I am not sure if there are any more in production. The second photo shows a page sample. Third photo is a card I made many moons ago when I started getting interested in pens ( I made many of these). and the last is a sample writting ...dated a few years back". my first pen was an osmiroid ,still own it.

I started out with Fred Eager's book as well. My first pen was a Platignum Italic Set, and I still have it, too! I also have the Osmiroid set, and a couple of Sheaffer sets. :D

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

The third and final wave drawing. It's a combo of several photographs. I'd say this one is 98% FP and ink, but all the white is gel pen or pencil.post-109445-0-15054700-1406683778_thumb.jpg

Here are some earlier stages up close in different light.

post-109445-0-34059300-1406683834_thumb.jpg

post-109445-0-32103200-1406683920_thumb.jpg

Superlative.

I'm nearly speechless.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Awesome job Finalist!

Jinhao 159 with a Visconti dream touch nib, Waterman 52 red ripple, Guider Ebonite with a F.P.R. flex nib, Osmiroid calligraphy pen with the spencerian nib, Conklin Endura, Edison Collier with a Richard Binder full flex fine nib, Taccia Savanna with a vintage dip nib, Mabie Todd Swan frankenpen, Detroit Penworks with a vintage Warranted 14k semi flex nib. Please dont make me name all the inks LOL.

14781906535_1827b56d37_b.jpg

This the tattoo cuff I designed myself and had put on my left wrist a few years ago. It is inspired by the illustrated manuscript "The Book Of Kells", and is a double triptic symbolizing the Christian trinity and the concepts of faith, hope and love. The two cuff ends finish off the Celtic knot work with stylized dog heads in honor of my current pup, Winston, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I call them cute and cuter. I consider it a permanent doodle!

fpn_1406664044__image.jpg

fpn_1406664857__image.jpg

fpn_1406665008__image.jpg

Wow and the green is still green.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So.... what inks are those.... :lticaptd:

I was really hoping someone would ask so I wouldn't have to. But if I was going to ask, I'd probably be most curious about those blues and greens. Just saying....

:W2FPN: Welcome here and to the wonderful world of fountain pens. That is a great first combination you have there :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

At the moment I'm going with my trusty Lamy Vista with Noodler's Black.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/w88cgl.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140729/P1200662_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I think 'mansion' would've been a better word, instead of 'hall' though. Sorry... :blush:

@Finalist, the wave drawing of yours turned out beautifully!

I think you should draw a picture of the mansion..

July 30, 2014

post-115036-0-36371900-1406731884.jpg

I don't get on with Lamy Safaris but your image and combo almost makes me want to pick up a white one and give it another go . . .

Welcome. :)

This bad boy :)

Small pen, gorgeous!!! Fits kaweco sport converter, so I'm deciding which ink to use...open for suggestions ;)

post-110147-0-98261300-1406816279_thumb.jpg

Amber - Mimosa Scent by Rubinato.

Thank you, Sinistral1

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140731_103638.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140731_103616.jpg