Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

The blue and white ones. Actually I wouldn't mind knowing the name of it either, that's a pretty neat blue there. Although it's probably better suited to tattoo guns than tines and feeds.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we share a few, but you shouldn't have many of those since they are test inks. If I could only have one, I would keep Dromgoole's Blue Steel and it isn't even my favorite color.

You are right-just one! 90years permanent grey.

Where do you get the rest from??? Is it some kind of sample exchange???

Cool Amber, congrats :) You can be sure that's a pretty water-resistant ink... and probably fairly fade-proof too :D

Oops, which one?

The blue and white ones. Actually I wouldn't mind knowing the name of it either, that's a pretty neat blue there. Although it's probably better suited to tattoo guns than tines and feeds.

If you have a number for the page I've written or the name next to the doodle square or can give me a closeup of which ink you want to know about .... I may be able to find it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@Willameena

Again, wish I could write as beautifully as you.

"Greatful book" is a fantastic idea. I have tried a photo a day, but it ended up me just looking around rather than capturing something beautiful when it happened...

You are right-just one! 90years permanent grey.

Where do you get the rest from??? Is it some kind of sample exchange???

Konrad is the maker of the KWZI inks - and we are organizing a group buy. DCRoe has already done a quick review of all 47 inks, I'm taking longer. The FPN Admins stated that before we moderators did an FPN group buy - we ought to at least try the inks. So we are in the process of trying them out. A few are being reformulated because they were horrible stainers.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/KWZI-Konrad_Ink/slides/00-KWZI-Spectrum.jpg

The Susemai inks are powdered inks made by a SUper SEcret MAker of Inks and I'm one of a handful of beta testers. I organized a group beta test and mailed out samples of some of the inks. You can read about that here.

The Bung Box Inks were a gift from Alaric when he came to visit me. You can read about that visit here.

All the rest of the inks can be purchased at Dromgoole's (no, I'm not on the Dromgoole payroll, but they do keep me inked.)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

If you have a number for the page I've written or the name next to the doodle square or can give me a closeup of which ink you want to know about .... I may be able to find it.

Erm... I'm talking about your new avi!

mishka

This is THE BOOK to start out with. I am not sure if there are any more in production. The second photo shows a page sample. Third photo is a card I made many moons ago when I started getting interested in pens ( I made many of these). and the last is a sample writting ...dated a few years back". my first pen was an osmiroid ,still own it.

post-80901-0-84249300-1406593343_thumb.jpg

post-80901-0-34312400-1406593370_thumb.jpg

post-80901-0-84341400-1406593731_thumb.jpg

post-80901-0-12469800-1406593971_thumb.jpg

David: You're not traveling the world in search of Susemai's secret ink powder manufacturing plant, are you?

I.M. I used a Sharpie extra fine black marker on pearlized card stock to draw Amberlea's new avitar. The original is only about 1" x 1", and when I edited the photo to crop it, I also added a filter to change the color to blue and cream. So, just like Susemai's name and identity, it was done with smoke and mirrors to confuse the eye!

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140729/P1200662_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I think 'mansion' would've been a better word, instead of 'hall' though. Sorry... :blush:

@Finalist, the wave drawing of yours turned out beautifully!

Attila: That sounds like rewarding work.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

David: You're not traveling the world in search of Susemai's secret ink powder manufacturing plant, are you?

I.M. I used a Sharpie extra fine black marker on pearlized card stock to draw Amberlea's new avitar. The original is only about 1" x 1", and when I edited the photo to crop it, I also added a filter to change the color to blue and cream. So, just like Susemai's name and identity, it was done with smoke and mirrors to confuse the eye!

AH... I had no idea. I thought it was an ancient Ink-an Diety?

AH... I had no idea. I thought it was an ancient Ink-an Diety?

And there I was thinking you have a new tattoo Amber! Hence my original question asking if you'd been inked :P

OH... I get it.

No tats for this chick.

I can see now how it looks like a tat.

This the tattoo cuff I designed myself and had put on my left wrist a few years ago. It is inspired by the illustrated manuscript "The Book Of Kells", and is a double triptic symbolizing the Christian trinity and the concepts of faith, hope and love. The two cuff ends finish off the Celtic knot work with stylized dog heads in honor of my current pup, Winston, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I call them cute and cuter. I consider it a permanent doodle!

fpn_1406664044__image.jpg

fpn_1406664857__image.jpg

fpn_1406665008__image.jpg