Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

I received my custom Shawn Newton a couple of days ago, so it is getting all the ink time. :D

Very nice color combination.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Safari Charcoal, F nib. Ink is De Atramentis Scented Violets. Really lovely! Big fan of this colour.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/5144620f0ffe7a35bb6b2de70896021f/tumblr_n9dwxkA2fc1qgziczo1_1280.jpg

I like the purple inks! The writing I do not understand....but glad you do. Never used a Lamy, may have to try one sometime.

Where is Uncle Red and Pterodactylus? Where is dcpritch? Have I missed anyone? Lots of newbies.

Troy

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Celina1991/2014-07-27231134_zpse2c1fcb4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Celina1991/2014-07-27231518_zpsabafab41.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Celina1991/2014-07-27231134_zpse2c1fcb4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m230/Celina1991/2014-07-27231518_zpsabafab41.jpg

I like that ink - what is it?

Thanks! It is Smaragdgrun by Rohrer & Klingner

Wow, I can't begin to pronounce that word. Great color though. I got a different R&K green ink sample in the mail recently. Haven't tried it yet, but by the looks of your writing, I should have gotten this one too.

Smaragdgrun isnt that hard, is it? Haha. Yeah it is a gorgeous color, even better in real life. It is somewhere in between blue and green and very well shaded in real life.

The model is called 90 Woman and Flowers and can be admired here. (Click on the second photo) It writes surprisingly well, better than my other (and more expensive Picasso)

What's the name of that model Picasso? It looks cool. How does it write?

+1

I'm watching couple of ebay auctions but can't find any good picasso pen reviews...

Both the pens I own are nice and heavy, my other one was a little rough to get started with but writes perfectly now. This one has been good from the beginning. I have a medium nib on the both of them and it has behaved rather well. I'd be careful what you pay for it, I overpaid on the both of them since I bought them in a little shop in Greece instead of on ebay. I could recommend them for sure!

Today's fun

fpn_1406501763__dscf0127.jpg

fpn_1406501781__dscf0128.jpg

fpn_1406501802__dscf0129.jpg

fpn_1406501824__dscf0130.jpg

fpn_1406501838__dscf0131.jpg

fpn_1406501854__dscf0132.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

+1

I'm watching couple of ebay auctions but can't find any good picasso pen reviews...

I just went hunting for that pen on ebay myself, and was shocked that there are a surprising number of Picasso pens up for four-digit prices. No sight of this one though.

Both the pens I own are nice and heavy, my other one was a little rough to get started with but writes perfectly now. This one has been good from the beginning. I have a medium nib on the both of them and it has behaved rather well. I'd be careful what you pay for it, I overpaid on the both of them since I bought them in a little shop in Greece instead of on ebay. I could recommend them for sure!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience Evanna :) And thank you for sharing pictures of your pen. This is the first Picasso that's caught my eye enough to toy with the idea of getting one. I've had some mixed experiences with Chinese pens, which is why I was eager to know how this one writes.

Edited by I.M.

I like the purple inks! The writing I do not understand....but glad you do. Never used a Lamy, may have to try one sometime.

Thank you! This one is so lovely. It smells like violets, which is a bonus. Very happy about this sample!

The Safari was my first pen, which may be part of why I am a Lamy fan, but generally I like their modern esthetics and durability. Some of my LAMY nibs are smoother than others. I also have the neon coral safari which is FUN :)

Today, I've been playing with two pens, entrusted to me by my neighbour. They were her father's pens and have been sitting in a drawer for who knows how many years. I've cleaned them both out as best I could. One of them had no converter so I found a Shaeffer cartridge for it; the other is a snorkel filler, something I'd never seen before.

This one is the Shaeffer PFM (Pens for Men), a snorkel filler. The sac seems to be in good condition (no leakage happening) but should probably be replaced. I'm going to recommend to her that she not use this one until it's been checked over by someone who knows more about pens and how to change sacs than I do.

It sure is fun playing with it, though. I love this pen and I'm kind of hoping that in time she'll forget she gave it to me for cleaning and testing. I can hope, right?

14760059584_86c64fb2c3.jpg

14762081282_44f422ddee.jpg

14762406995_e9417cdfbe.jpg

14575773968_14c24be24c.jpg

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

@Evanna & @I.M.

Thank you guys, great work!

That lime green one with hooded nib has my name on it ;) please keep sharing!