Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Okay, I'm scared. I have the same phone, some computer, I dumped that keyboard and mouse --- but NEVER has my desk looked that clean.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow.. amazing pics. Great pen and greater cam :)

Here are a few first-time experimental shots of 3 of my faves using my new nikon dslr and a good macro lens. I'm NO photographer but I don't hate the first attempts...the pens being really nice does help tho! I use all 3 much of the time. - Doh! Forgot to add pics of the script!

Mabie Todd Swan Visofil VT 340/76 - 340/77 - 340/78

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zxv70o.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/263aemx.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2iu6pz.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/rbz7a1.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2hd2w4i.jpg

:happyberet:

Well, dang. It's showing up for me. I can't figure any other way to post them through the site. The gallery function doesn't seem to be working for me, or I can't figure it out.

Ty Upload, instead of Gallery. Much mo' better tool...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Well, dang. It's showing up for me. I can't figure any other way to post them through the site. The gallery function doesn't seem to be working for me, or I can't figure it out.

Go upload, but before, reduce size to no more than 999 kb.

Go upload, but before, reduce size to no more than 999 kb.

I hate hijacking this thread for a help issue, but I guess that's what I have to do until this gets resolved.

Where is upload? I've looked through the FAQs, but I can't see any way to upload into any gallery. The only way I've even found the gallery is by searching for it. Is it an issue that I'm a new member? This is the list of tabs at the top for me:

• View New Content
  • FPN Home
  • Forums
  • Classifieds
  • Blogs
  • Downloads
  • Calendar
  • Shop FPN

This is unendingly frustrating.

I've tried using all the photo/file storage sites I have, and I would rather not have to sign up for another just to post pictures on this forum.

OK, in editing this post, I've just now for the first time seen the "Full Editor" with attaching files available. Maybe this will work?

post-114840-0-82059300-1406232608.jpg

Edited by WrightWrite

Okay, I'm scared. I have the same phone, some computer, I dumped that keyboard and mouse --- but NEVER has my desk looked that clean.

My desk at home or at the office are never that clean.......

Excellent job! I admit the computer baffles me. I love combos! Especially heirloom combos...Nib smoothing to add to the restoration, that is awesome.

Thanks. I have one more that I'll have to get a new nib for, as one side of the nib's tip is missing. There's one up on eBay I'm watching for the moment.

...And I guess working at a pen store has the benefit (among others) of being able to learn how to do these repairs quickly and cheaply. :)

Almost done. I'm going to tinker with it for a couple days.

attachicon.gifHanalei_Bay.jpg

Trading this for a rare golf club!

...then promptly selling that golf club and buying a Nakaya Naka-ai... if all goes well. :rolleyes:

This is lovely!

post-109445-0-97716100-1406243500_thumb.jpg

The second drawing of Hanalei Bay I'm working on. I don't how I'm going to do the sky yet and the sand needs to be done, but I ran out of yellow! Good reason to shop. once there is ink filling the page I'll make sure the paper is crispy dry and then I'll go back and redraw the fine details with EF or F nibs and add some white gel.

WOW WOW WOW

BTW, Toucan Yellow!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I thought I would add this picture of my combos for Wrightwrite.

Edited by tringle

@namru sounds like heaven to me! :)))

Here is my turquoise load lol, everybody loves sampling :)

post-110147-0-22712400-1406293978_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mishka5050

I received my custom Shawn Newton a couple of days ago, so it is getting all the ink time. :D

post-108491-0-57462700-1406300626_thumb.jpg

post-108491-0-69267800-1406300634_thumb.jpg

post-108491-0-35790400-1406300679_thumb.jpg

Edited by lisantica

~ Justifying pen purchases since 2013 ~

@lisantica, that is an absolutely gorgeous pen!! How does it write? What have you filled it with? Show us!

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

I received my custom Shawn Newton a couple of days ago, so it is getting all the ink time. :D

Love it. I followed him making that on Instagram. Very nice.

I thought I would add this picture of my combos for Wrightwrite.

:D Quite nice. I wish I could get the pencil ends to work in mine.