Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the look of that journal.

Thanks! It was a custom deal from zenfishleather.com I couldn't figure out how to get it full of Rhodia, but the paper included is very good. 90g I think. No feathering, no bleedthrough, even when I spill ink drops on it.

I bought two, one for me and one for my wife, as wedding gifts. They're perfect. I write in mine every day.

Will journal for food!

Twsbi Mini 1.1 -- Lamy Safari, charcol grey, 1.1 -- Pilot Plumix M Calligraphy --

Lamy Vista 1.5 -- Jinhao x750 Ivory, Goulet #6 1.1

Thanks! It was a custom deal from zenfishleather.com I couldn't figure out how to get it full of Rhodia, but the paper included is very good. 90g I think. No feathering, no bleedthrough, even when I spill ink drops on it.

I bought two, one for me and one for my wife, as wedding gifts. They're perfect. I write in mine every day.

What a great gift to yourself and to your spouse! Think of how lovely it will be to read through in a few years!

An unusual find --perhaps. A "Strand" with quotation marks on the barrel. English, pre-World War II.

An unusual find --perhaps. A "Strand" with quotation marks on the barrel. English, pre-World War II.

Nice. I like the textured design on the pen. Is it noticeable to the touch?

What kind of notebook is that? Are those green grid-lines I see, to go with the green ink?

Nice. I like the textured design on the pen. Is it noticeable to the touch?

What kind of notebook is that? Are those green grid-lines I see, to go with the green ink?

The texture is, I think, called "chasing" and it's very subtle. It's only so slightly noticeable.

And I love these small notebooks with graph paper lines. Made in Spain, and they go by the name "Miquel Rius" or "Kukuxumusu." I get them at the university bookstore here in Indianapolis. The paper is not as heavy as Clairefontaine, but there's almost no bleed through. And the paper has different color lines and borders. Very fun.

Not a particularly pretty pen but I fancied trying a new stub nib. What I don't like though is the triangular barrel which means you have to hold the pen in a specific way which, for me, results in a slightly wrong angle for the nib. Anybody else has this problem?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ol6GAUMinJA/U8g3LyE0YtI/AAAAAAAAEp0/H-txoR7Ze-A/s1600/SDC10382.jpg

CALLIQUE! YES! THANK YOU! I have the same problem. I thought maybe it was just me and I just held my pen differently than everybody else and did not know it. It's funny, the Safari's are very popular and this is the first mention I've seen about the nib not lining up "right". It does not line up "right" for me either!

I don't have any Italian fountain pen. You make me feel that is time to try...

:thumbup:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

Welcome to the madness! If you thought you liked fountain pens before, wait till you see some of the beauties that the folks here use! And then there are those of us who are devoted to interesting inks!

Thanks for sharing your nice handwritten note.

photo+%25288%2529.JPG

Beautiful writing, as always! I have an Esterbrook J with a 2048 nib, and it's very elegant, but one of the tines is a little sharp, and it cuts the paper if I am not careful. I've just found a new Esterbrook with a 9048 nib, and I hope the new one is easier to use!

Keep sharing your handwriting with us --especially more poems by Pessoa. My Portuguese is not as strong as it once was, but I love seeing the poetry you write out!

It's been a while since I posted here but I do read every post. I finally have something I can share!

14711229043_49086244b4.jpg

14691074872_b1fb8a4760.jpg

My 10 y.o. granddaughter and I just had to play with pen and ink. My doodles are on the right, hers on the left. We love this pen!

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

It's been a while since I posted here but I do read every post. I finally have something I can share!

14711229043_49086244b4.jpg

14691074872_b1fb8a4760.jpg

My 10 y.o. granddaughter and I just had to play with pen and ink. My doodles are on the right, hers on the left. We love this pen!

Great design on that pen. Haven't seen that one before. I never post my pens either (I wonder how common that is around here). It's just never felt comfortable for some reason. The only pen I post is my kaweco sport. And even then I occasionly write with it unposted.

Also, your 10 y.o. granddaughter draws better than I do. Clearly I need to get some pens out and practice. Thanks for the accidental motivation :)

CALLIQUE! YES! THANK YOU! I have the same problem. I thought maybe it was just me and I just held my pen differently than everybody else and did not know it. It's funny, the Safari's are very popular and this is the first mention I've seen about the nib not lining up "right". It does not line up "right" for me either!

I discovered something when I was trying to fix the flow on my Lamy Safari. If you remove the nib, you can wrap some duct tape or scotch tape around the feed, and then remove it. If you wash out the feed, that improves the flow dramatically. BUT ... a side benefit is that when you put the feed back in, you can change the rotation in the grip. Put the nib back on and see if you like it better. If not, remove the nib again, remove the feed again, rotate it a bit, and then insert everything again. Repeat until you're happy with the angle!