Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Welcome home. I love that Music nib.

Hi Amber,

This is my favourite pen. It's always in my lineup since arrived from nib.com.

I like your Montblanc Starwalker with your name engraved too. It's one of my graal (probably with obb nib)....

=0]

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1394117173__img_8797_778x1024.jpg

Today I have seven pens inked (nothing like amberlea's outrageous display of excess! :) ).

Oldest to youngest:

Leboeuf No. 50 Ringtop, c. 1910s, Diamine Sepia

Diamond Medal flattop, c. 1920s, Noodler's Borealis Black

Espey OS flattop, c. 1920s, Noodler's Cayenne

Sheaffer PFM II, c. 1960s, ESS Registrars Ink

Montblanc Carrera, c. 1970s, MB Mahatma Ghandi

Namiki Falcon (resin), 1994, Private Reserve DC Super Show Blue

Uncle Red, have you ever restored an Inkograph? Anyone else? I have one that needs fixing and could use some tips (as in, ideas).

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Inkograph, an American brand. Here's the MHR one.

photo.jpg

This a neat pen! Congratulations, I wish you had photographed the nib.!FER

Hi Amber,

This is my favourite pen. It's always in my lineup since arrived from nib.com.

I like your Montblanc Starwalker with your name engraved too. It's one of my graal (probably with obb nib)....

=0]

I've played with some pens from Nibs.com - great stuff. My favorite was a Sailor Stacked nib with a cross on it. DANG that thing could lay down the ink. Everytime Frank C brought it to a pen posse, I would fondle it (the pen, not Frank).

The Starwalker is fineliner and was a gift from a happy client. The OBB nib on the fountain pen would be stunning.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today I have seven pens inked (nothing like amberlea's outrageous display of excess! :) ).

Hey, I'm from Las Vegas --- I live in retinal searing color and outrageous.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I stalk this thread a lot. I don't usually have time to take pictures of my pens and upload them, since I try to focus more on ink reviews, but I do so love looking at this thread! Everyone's pens are just amazing. Uncle Red ... I'm still staring greedily at that sheaffer with a B nib you've had Aubergine in this last rotation. :D :D :D

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00024_zps01a079f9.jpg

(I did this on a slant in order to be able to catch the light, but that meant needing paperclips to keep the pens in place!)

My snorkel with a factor S5 nib that a friend finally broke down and sold to me because I was so desperate for it.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00030_zpsca6dbea1.jpg

The first time I've tried this MB 220 with silver trim and OBB nib. I've had it for probably 6 months and just never got around to using it before now.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00031_zpsb2642946.jpg

A new snorkel I just picked up with a factory broad nib for $110 USD. A total steal, in my opinion!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00027_zps3bd5d005.jpg

One of my two Kandinsky's - gorgeous and reliable. Bonus shot of the CN Tower in the second picture. :)

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00028_zpsadaf674e.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00036_zps9e9751c2.jpg

TWSBI with factory nib (usually I swap the nibs with pelikan nibs or something else, but this one I love just the way it is) and a bonus picture of Callifolio Ohlanga.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00037_zps2805c174.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00038_zpsb276f300.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00039_zps26bd75d3.jpg

WOW WOW WOW

I would fondle it (the pen, not Frank).

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Starwalker is fineliner and was a gift from a happy client. The OBB nib on the fountain pen would be stunning.

"When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer."...

Maybe You don't grow up, yet. But you're already a great lawyer.

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

I stalk this thread a lot. I don't usually have time to take pictures of my pens and upload them, since I try to focus more on ink reviews, but I do so love looking at this thread! Everyone's pens are just amazing. Uncle Red ... I'm still staring greedily at that sheaffer with a B nib you've had Aubergine in this last rotation. :D :D :D

(I did this on a slant in order to be able to catch the light, but that meant needing paperclips to keep the pens in place!)

My snorkel with a factor S5 nib that a friend finally broke down and sold to me because I was so desperate for it.

The first time I've tried this MB 220 with silver trim and OBB nib. I've had it for probably 6 months and just never got around to using it before now.

A new snorkel I just picked up with a factory broad nib for $110 USD. A total steal, in my opinion!

One of my two Kandinsky's - gorgeous and reliable. Bonus shot of the CN Tower in the second picture. :)

TWSBI with factory nib (usually I swap the nibs with pelikan nibs or something else, but this one I love just the way it is) and a bonus picture of Callifolio Ohlanga.

Your broad nib pens is amazing!

:yikes:

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

Apprenti, gorgeous writing. Where's the Platinum 3776 hiding ?

saskia_madding - gorgeous nibbage and that Stipula looks incredible . . .

Edited by Tas

Today I'm using this beautiful Nakaya and a Platinum 3776. Both pens are exceptionally good, but in different ways! :D

This Nakaya and your handwriting is amazing.

It's a Dream team!

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Tas, I'll get some pictures up of both pens when I can. Bed time now :)

The Platinum 3776 is kinda like a simple Nakaya. It doesn't look as simple, but it feels simpler, in that it's on the one hand not as refined, and on the other not as raw. It's hard to explain, but basically they feel like the same pen except one's a very good production line pen and one's an exceptional work of art that happens to look like a pen :)

Cheers,

Joe

@ saskia_madding - wonderful selection of pens and nibs. Thanks for those pictures. The Stipula is almost my favourite but you really cannot beat a wide Triumph nib :thumbup:

Edited by da vinci

Apprenti, that's exquisite handwriting you've got there. Out of curiosity, which ink were you using?

And Saskia, that Stipula Kandinsky looks somehow fascinating, a few notches up from a TWSBI methinks.

Frolland and Tringle, I just looked it up and it's an Inkograph 15-M

20130207_125924.jpg

Edited by Uncle Red