Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

fpn_1392046704__2014-02-10_103315.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/546/3d6a.jpg

(Serwex MB - flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Waterman 52 ..... Diamine Red Dragon)

(Pelikan 140 - OF ..... Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare)

(Pegasus 2 Red Sable)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you mention piggies?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/545/m9vx.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/577/d6a4.jpg

(Waterman 52V ..... Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrün)

(Pegasus 2/0 Red Sable)

(Staedtler Retro 0.5 - 3H)

(Parker 45 Flighter - F ..... Rohrer & Klingner Leipziger Schwarz)

(Pelikan 140 - OF ..... Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare)

(Montblanc 344 - OB ..... Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus)

(Diamine Poppy Red)

This pig is a corker! the whole thread is super cool. Sadly I do not have these talents. :lticaptd: :D

This pig is a corker! the whole thread is super cool. Sadly I do not have these talents. :lticaptd: :D

Don't say that, just try it, it's something you can learn.

Just do it, we are keen to see something from you :)

I'm also a beginner, I started last Summer here in this thread (did not drew anything the 25 years before).

1930's Waterman's Thorobred in Tiger's eye celluloid with Ideal flex 14ct nib...goes from fine to double broad.

A very nice writer, the ink is Sheaffer blue black.post-110431-0-20838600-1392079075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zillaxila

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

Parker did not want to look at the camera. He is shy.

My last dog was the opposite; if you ever pulled out an electronic device and held it around her, she would stare straight at you all the time. There would be few candid photos.

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/1237/pqb7.jpg

The same pen is now called "Amber Reservoir Set" in a handful of colors on recife.fr.

Edited by mrcharlie

My new project. I'm just waiting for the sac to arrive. Here's a dip test for now. The nib is interesting. I'm still learning this hobby, so it's hard for me to describe the nib's feeling as my only flex basis is a Serwex MB. Maybe I'd say this Parker nib springs back faster, yet is just as flexy, and a tad softer feeling??

Parker Thrift Time 1935 like a Challenger, but different, Slender. Noodler's Eel Turquoise, Leuchtturn1917

Dip test...

Ditto Mr . Charlie.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I use one of these Pentel Water Brushes:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_pentel.jpg

I was originally worried that they would retain the ink colour and transfer it but, being synthetic, any residual colour washes off in just a couple of strokes on clean paper. They are really handy, totally portable and mine has lasted for nearly two years.

Love them!

Ditto on the pental water brush... they are AWESOME and so far I have not had a leak in my daily carry...

RW

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

...snip

So, Attlila, Tas, Plistumi, Prvt. Toter, Finalist..... which brushes do you use and how do you work?

This caveman is simply awesome...lovin it... see above post, i also use the pentel... and I have a generic version from Michaels that works just as well.. For washes I either mix in side dish, or will simply draw my sketch heavy with cross hatching and then use the brush on the drawing to create the wash... Inks make a huge difference, and experimentation is key...

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Ooo, mhphoto, that Sheaffer looks like it's been loved - I do have a Sheaffer soft spot.

I dug this out today. Must use this pen more - such an understated joy.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_warever_twilight.jpg

Pen - Wearever. I was told it was a Pennant but have not really investigated further.

Ink - Diamine's Twilight.

Cat - Bruce, who really didn't want to move from his spot on the sofa.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_warever_twilight_bruce.jpg

fpn_1392217445__img_8570_885x1024.jpg

fpn_1392217466__leboeuf_no_50_ringtop_96

The tiger eye celluloid has such depth that it is hard to get a camera to focus on the surface imprint; this is the best I can do, especially with an iPhone. The imprint is actually quite legible and says: "Unbreakable / LeBoeuf Fountain Pen Co. / Pat. May 19-19 / Springfield, Mass." This pen is an early lever filler, made before they moved into their more widely known sleeve fillers. LeBoeuf is generally recognized as being the first pen maker to use celluloid for its pens, predating the more widely sold Sheaffers.

fpn_1392217485__leboeuf_no_50_ringtop_2_

fpn_1392217506__leboeuf_no_50_ringtop_1_

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

post-22021-0-94867200-1392234034_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Ptero, I keep spelling your name wrong!

dcpritch - I forgot to mention that the LeBoeuf is LeBomb. Also, we're doing a Twin Cities Akkerman group order, if you want in.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Thank you very much Sinistral :)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/560/ohp1.jpg