Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

It's probably related to my missing/limited ability to play with the English language, as it is also not my first language.

I probably could do it better in German, but I doubt that the majority could follow the dialogues in that case at all. ;)

In fairness, some of the jokes are puns or are cultural references. I don't always get all the jokes either, but it's okay to ask. Someone recently asked me who E.B. is (the Easter Bunny). Now, it's probable that the whole big deal about the EB is a peculiarly North American phenomena. Seriously, who hides chocolate ... Mommies ... otherwise the children eat them before the Mommies can eat them, but I digress. If you don't understand the joke, just ask, we won't be offended. Also, not all jokes are funny (we try, but some jokes fall flat).

Welcome aboard.

I do hope that my comment was not taken as criticism or offense; it was in no way intended as such. I truly do simply enjoy the examples being offered daily in this thread. Plus, I learned my lesson critiquing the fountain pens being used over on the humor forum.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do hope that my comment was not taken as criticism or offense; it was in no way intended as such. I truly do simply enjoy the examples being offered daily in this thread. Plus, I learned my lesson critiquing the fountain pens being used over on the humor forum.

Not at all!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

fpn_1390965647__snowman_011.jpg

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

I love the Edison Pearl. Any other brands make the same shape?

Section that curves and flares towards the nib, cap that fits flush to the barrel, no metal rings or decorations besides the clip and the overall shape?

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

The shape looks somewhat similar to some of the the Nakaya Fps - Neostandard, Cigar.

Sorry: no snowmen, dodos, camels, or other drawings; just two inexpensive pens: a red Lamy Safari with a fine nib and Diamine Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple, and a Platinum Preppy 0.3mm with Noodler's Hunter, the latter held together with elastic band. (Anyone know of a source for preppy caps - mine always crack?)

fpn_1390979822__2014-01-28-safari.jpg

fpn_1390980025__2014-01-28-preppy.jpg

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

post-108404-0-76412200-1390987556_thumb.jpg

That's my NN with pelikan royal blue on cheapie pad. (u can see the feathering)

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/62/b9gi.jpg

(Pelikan M600 - M ..... Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black)

Edited by Pterodactylus

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/594/0lmb.jpg

(Waterman 14 BHR ..... Caran d´Ache Caribbean Sea)

Except the Pelikano I have all my school pens still in (random) use.

The Signum pens are tough survivors, I better not tell what I did with them, especially with the first one (it shows clearly my careful treatment these days)

Otherwise I fear I get banned from FPN..... ;)

Edited by Pterodactylus

First of all, thank you everyone! I'm happy that you like my pictures ;)

Gorgeous pens and lovely handwriting!

Your writing sample look like was made with fine nib not 1.5 mm...

(Pelikan 100N - EF ..... Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa)

I didn't know that you have this great Pelikan. I do not have any Pelikan, but buy one is my goal.

4 days to post.

Your ex is a frog?

But you know, the magic is all in the hat!

I'm learning more about North Americans tales

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

If it makes you feel better, I speak and comprehend the English language very well, and I too sometimes have difficulty understanding the jokes. I do really enjoy seeing the various inks in use and the wonderful penmanship, though. To wit: I just come here for the pretty pictures.

thanks for the solidarity and I also like many of the drawings that show here

It's probably related to my missing/limited ability to play with the English language, as it is also not my first language.

I probably could do it better in German, but I doubt that the majority could follow the dialogues in that case at all. ;)

No, Deutsch is impossible to me!

:D

Ptero - I think you should write a post in German! Maybe with one of your stunning flex pens?

Hoping to join in here within the next couple of weeks once I've got something worth showing off!

Deutsch combines well with gothic handwriting too.

Totally cool! Is this like how we stole Santa?

PS, My brother, My Ex and I, all celebrate being Easter babies (and we all have different birthdays) - hence, the Bunny is my favorite of the holiday characters.

Now I understand better what is Easter Bunny. The Brazilian equivalent of the Easter Bunny who is commemorated on a Catholic holiday and we know as "Coelhinho da Páscoa".

Great, I love also the bunny. :)

To be honest when I grew up I did not even know Santa Claus so I´m not a expert regarding him.

There is on the 6th December the Nikolaus (St. Nicholas) which brings small presents to the good children.

But he has a companion the Krampus (a devil, demon) which punish the bad children.

On Christmas, 24th December evening the Christkind (Christ child.. there is no proper translation) brings the presents, It is a kind of angel with wings and most of the time invisible (think of it as a young girl angel).

Interesting, I thought that Santa was almost universal in ocidental culture. Did not think there are different figures, but equivalent in Austria. FPN is also a way to learn about other cultures.

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

My much mentioned Visconti Homo Sapiens with my much loved Sepia Grey Black

(3 parts R&K Sepia, 2 parts Diamine's Grey, 1 part Noodler's Bulletproof Black)

Seawhite of Brighton A5 sketchpad.

(I left my Stilman & Birn in the car but was pleasantly surprised by the toothiness and quality of this paper)

Inspired by fpupulin's jaw droppingly gorgeous seahorse post earlier today. :notworthy1:

If you've not seen it, go there now:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/259909-a-extra-fine-149-aurora-black-ink-and-a-third-seahorse/?p=2884814

Your custom color is amazing and I like your sketch very much!

Sorry guys. Only the washing up is left . . . :(

Thanks Pterodactylus, you want to see my handwriting . . . !

show the empty plate is a torture.

(Pelikan 400 - OM ..... Rohrer & Klingner Solferino)

This is a bad guy's suggestion

:P

I love the Edison Pearl. Any other brands make the same shape?

Section that curves and flares towards the nib, cap that fits flush to the barrel, no metal rings or decorations besides the clip and the overall shape?

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

This shape reminds me of Nakayas

Nice handwriting with your pens.

attachicon.gifhelloFPN.jpg

That's my NN with pelikan royal blue on cheapie pad. (u can see the feathering)

Hello!

:)

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

I heart pie.

foto+%25284%2529.JPG

[sheaffer 300 - Praker Blue Black Quink]

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

foto+%284%29.JPG

[sheaffer 300 - Praker Blue Black Quink]

Ahhhh, interesting aspect, it seems I also did not understood a joke, thought Bozo is just a (to me unknown) name.

As Google is my friend (even I suspect that it collects every little query I ever made) I found out:

Bozo ..... Ethnic group in West Africa

Bozo ..... Popular American clown figure

So now I guess it's the second option.

But why is this guy so popular in the US, for me it looks really scary,... Looks exactly like the clown in Stephen Kings "It".

Ahhhh, interesting aspect, it seems I also did not understood a joke, thought Bozo is just a (to me unknown) name.

As Google is my friend (even I suspect that it collects every little query I ever made) I found out:

Bozo ..... Ethnic group in West Africa

Bozo ..... Popular American clown figure

So now I guess it's the second option.

But why is this guy so popular in the US, for me it looks really scary,... Looks exactly like the clown in Stephen Kings "It".

The clown Bozo was very pupular in Brazil in the '90s. A local TV channel bought the use and image rights from Americans and exhibited a Brazilian version for many years.

Today the word bozo is associated with the type of baldness that only has hair on the sides of the head.

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

I think Amber has to explain it for us as I found a 3rd possible meaning:

Bozo:

"An incompetent person, especially in new companies. Bozos have a net negative effect on morale and profits, and everyone knows it.

I first heard this specific meaning of "bozo" during a talk to business students by one of Yahoo's founders."

Edited by Pterodactylus

How come I didn't know there was a humor forum or even a humor thread? Which one of you bozos has been hiding it from me?!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I think Amber has to explain it for us as I found a 3rd possible meaning:

Bozo:

"An incompetent person, especially in new companies. Bozos have a net negative effect on morale and profits, and everyone knows it.

I first heard this specific meaning of "bozo" during a talk to business students by one of Yahoo's founders."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/43/jnq4.jpg

The clown Bozo was very pupular in Brazil in the '90s. A local TV channel bought the use and image rights from Americans and exhibited a Brazilian version for many years.

Today the word bozo is associated with the type of baldness that only has hair on the sides of the head.

I guess I'm the "Bozo" for not reading what others had posted before basically making the same post. :P

Edited by ArnoldKelly

foto+%25285%2529.JPG

[selfmade bamboo dip pen with Gillott 303 nib and Serwex feeder - Indian black ink]

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

I guess I'm the "Bozo" for not reading what others had posted before basically making the same post. :P

Relax

This thread grows very quickly and it's hard to read all the posts...

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18