Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_023.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you! I did try them. They are definitely not made for a desert environment, but I suspect that any place other than a place with almost no humidity would be better for fountain pens. :).

That's a really good point! Now you mention it, my pens sometimes are a bit more prone to hard starts right now...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

For you, Tringle. I love the idea and the bird too.

BTW, other than the focus problems, does it make a difference if the images are scanned?

But if you scan the image I can't see your pens!

Thank you! I did try them. They are definitely not made for a desert environment, but I suspect that any place other than a place with almost no humidity would be better for fountain pens. :).

My Serwex with flex nib stop to work and now I'm using it like a dip pen...

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

I can't handwrite in same rhythm of the people's posts but I'll try to comment maximum that I can...

:)

foto1.JPG

[1950's Montblanc 344 and Pelikan Blue Black Ink]

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

My Serwex with flex nib stop to work and now I'm using it like a dip pen...

Bummer

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Yeah, but I always use the same pens and you can't really see the shading. ..... I will have to work on this some more.

Hey, most importantly - Welcome aboard!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Edited to add: the nib has a weird reflection that makes it look wonky.. it's not. :) Very wet smooth writer. Luxury. Makes even nerdy-riffic me feel cultured and sophisticated ( :lticaptd: ok, almost!)

Edited by AnnieB123

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Edited to add: the nib has a weird reflection that makes it look wonky.. it's not. :) Very wet smooth writer. Luxury. Makes even nerdy-riffic me feel cultured and sophisticated ( :lticaptd: ok, almost!)

And it looks good too!

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2014-01-09_22-57-48_491-1_zps07fdf827.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2014-01-09_22-26-05_172_zps1657802a.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2014-01-09_22-57-48_491-1_zps07fdf827.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Tutuguans/2014-01-09_22-26-05_172_zps1657802a.jpg

Gclef...

Nib? Was their a nib on that pen..... Hey, did you see that freakin crystal.. that pen has a swarovski crystal!... Seriously, did you see that crystal!

Nice show...LOL....

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Bummer

Really sad but I'll try to fix in future...

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

Your pen have a very nice shape and texture. I love your handwrite.

Thanks to introduce me to remington pen. I never heard about this brand. It have a nice line variation.

GClef always show awesome handwriting and now combined with very chic swarovski crystal.

attachicon.gifIMAG0072.jpgLOL just wanted to post to say thanks... nothing I put on paper deserves a show place :lticaptd:

Congrats for your first fountain pen! Nice choice!

[socrates]

Instagram@carretera18

I don't have time for a full/neat post, so I apologize to anybody I missed. This is an example of my normal handwriting when I am writing quickly. It is also on copier paper rather than the fountain pen friendly stuff. You can see that the Sailor did not handle the cheaper paper well. The nib is a little too fine for the cheap stuff.

I see now that the color in the first image is off a bit. I think that's a result of bad lighting. Sorry about that. In case you are wondering, Ama-Iro is not as green as it appears below and the Electric DC Blue is actually a dark blue rather than the black you see below.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y386/eeyvind/FPN/a32ee297-8c86-4043-af28-cead424b92ff_zps0d21b874.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y386/eeyvind/FPN/6f3624d8-a102-4035-a763-35ec52feeffb_zps4bedc576.jpg