Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

dcpritch - I hadsome dregs of Callifolio Grenat in a TWSBI, and then an accident with a nearly full P51 of Diamine Asa Blue meant that I dribbled a lot of Asa Blue into the Grenat. I would never have thought the two would make such a nice blue colour, but they did!

tas - Thanks! I am a SUPREME sucker for Sheaffers, especially with Triumph nibs. :D :D :D That burgundy might not be my biggest one or the one with the broadest nib, but I love how it feels and how it writes.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1386140603__img_4057.jpg

I'm considering ordering a Bolt when they come out in copper, looks so pretty!

Got my Retrakt from their kickstarter last week, it's quite nice, the click mechanism is smooth.

Curious to see more of their fountain pen though, definitely a looker!

Those flippin Tortoiseshell Pelikan M800s !

What with you and attika89 tempting me all the time with your gorgeous shots it's looking very likely that I'll be pooling all my Christmas favours and money into one of those. :rolleyes:

Best I start my research into some lovely brown inks that'll match it. :mellow:

Those flippin Tortoiseshell Pelikan M800s !

What with you and attika89 tempting me all the time with your gorgeous shots it's looking very likely that I'll be pooling all my Christmas favours and money into one of those. :rolleyes:

Best I start my research into some lovely brown inks that'll match it. :mellow:

We are all enablers here. :) The pen is even nicer in the hand, of course. :wub:

As for nibs, Ross does a nice job if you want a custom nib here in the UK (from your location on the FPN profile), or try oxonian here on FPN for perhaps the ultimate personal experience. (Or try Richard in the US.) And if you want a BB nib: hurry!

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Enablers schmablers ;)

Thanks for the recommendations.

Ross did a stunning job on my Pilot Vanishing Point when I was going though my HDoug (we are not worthy, we are not worthy) 0.5mm cursive italic phase and John at Oxonian helped me out in the recent past tweaking a lovely Wahl of mine whilst he replaced it's sac.

I think I'll stick to EF but unless I've been a really really good boy, it doesn't look like it's going to be a tortoiseshell £££ :(

This is today's "weapon of choice"

Don't see a lot of those around here! Glad you like it :)

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

mhphoto, great pics as always. I generally love nibs on Japanese pens but often the pens themselves are too narrow for my liking. The more I see yours, though, the more I rethink that.

zoniguana, those are such great looking pipes! Your "hobbit" pipes made me think of an uncommon pen I have and pulled out in your honor. One of my sons once described this Marlen (1990s Italian) as a pen he might see on Lord of the Rings, so unique is its styling. Judge for yourself:

fpn_1386274640__marlen_dossenus_business

fpn_1386274664__marlen_dossenus_business

fpn_1386274704__marlen_dossenus_business

fpn_1386274726__marlen_dossenus_business

Noodler's El Lawrence ink has been described as the color of "dirty motor oil", and indeed it is, though it is hard to show in pictures. Here, and in a couple of shots above, you can almost make out the dark olive green tint, which actually matches nearly perfectly the patina of the Marlen's ebonite cap and barrel.

fpn_1386274760__marlen_dossenus_business

Tas, I'm with you! The enablers on this thread are forcing me to consider a Pelikan M800 Tortoise. It's almost as though I have no control and am rendered helpless by the images posted here.

Here's a pen I've had inked for a couple of weeks but forgot to post here (note, the nib is actually 14k, not 18k as stated in the writing sample - my bad.):

fpn_1386266638__stipula_etruria_fpn_745x

fpn_1386266816__stipula_etruria_fpn_4_10

Here is a gratuitous snow picture taken a few moments ago when I ran out to lunch. We've had quite a storm - nearly three feet of snow; now the cold is taking its place ( -10 F this morning, a high of -5 F expected Saturday).

fpn_1386274885__img_7662_768x1024.jpg

Have fun everyone, and STAY WARM!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Hi Gang,

I've been really enjoying this Waterman's 52 that I picked up a couple of weekends ago at the Melbourne Pen show.

It looks like it was simply put away at least a couple of decades ago.

I simply tapped out the nib & feed, gave them both an ultra sonic bath, put in a new No. 17 sac and heat set the feed to the nib.

As you can see it's in pretty good shape, with sharp imprints and a flexible nib.

In terms of nib softness, it's softer than a Noodler's Konrad, but nowhere near a wet noodle.

I think it's somewhere between Medium and Superflex and lays down some really great hairlines.

Cheers

Noel aka DuckMcF

post-63783-0-69361200-1386282434_thumb.jpg

post-63783-0-93462200-1386282451_thumb.jpg

post-63783-0-15492300-1386282493_thumb.jpg

post-63783-0-58262200-1386282413_thumb.jpg

Here is a gratuitous snow picture taken a few moments ago when I ran out to lunch. We've had quite a storm - nearly three feet of snow; now the cold is taking its place ( -10 F this morning, a high of -5 F expected Saturday).

fpn_1386274885__img_7662_768x1024.jpg

Have fun everyone, and STAY WARM!

OH MY ... we are supposed to get a few inches and we are all whining!!!!!! I don't know what you do with that white stuff.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://www.dg8fbv.de/img2/FP1.jpg

http://www.dg8fbv.de/img2/FP2.jpg

http://www.dg8fbv.de/img2/MB8.jpg

That's a cool nib, congrats! :thumbup:

So this morning I was wandering around the intar-webs doing nothing in particular and said:

"Self, you're a lazy b**d."

And Self responded with: "Horse-pucky. The parents celebrated their twenty-fifth anniversary a week before we were born. Definitely not a b**d. YOU, however, are crazy."

Then Self kicked me in the arse several times, drank my coffee, smoked my tobacco and said: "What? Start updating FPN, you lazy mutt. And make another pot of coffee, d**it."

After the required amount of whinging, I did as I was told. I still say Self is a b**d.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/365094/365094_original.jpg

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/365501/365501_original.jpg

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/366412/366412_original.jpg

The Estie :) -- filled with Private Reserve Copper Burst

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/366308/366308_original.jpg

and the Parker Flighter, filled with Diamine Ancient Copper

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/lwj2/5626446/365857/365857_original.jpg

I'm favouring the Ancient Copper, it's more lively on the page. The Copper Burst is too brown and dull, although it shades well.

Ta, I'm off to City Hall to pay the Danegeld property taxes. B**tds.