Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to use this daily when i get home.

Sweet! Nice writing, too. What ink?

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Well, it'll be over a year since I've been quietly admiring everybody's pens, ink, writing and sketches on this thread.

I dread to think how many new inks I've tried and eventually bought thanks to you guys (especially dcpritch) but I've been so blown away with this newly discovered ink that I felt compelled to add my tuppence worth.

My trusty and well used Pilot Namiki Falcon SF nib loaded with the totally delicious Rohrer and Klingner Leipziger-Schwarz - just add a gentle water wash and watch the ink come alive . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/falcon_and_leipziger_schwarz.jpg

Edited by Tas

Hi everyone,

I've been working like crazy this week and last, which hasn't left any time to post here, but I've certainly enjoyed the pens and inks.

Tas, as a lawyer I must reply to you, "I have no present recollection of anything you have mentioned." :) Plausible deniability is always a good tool to keep in one's back pocket. Great pen, too, and is that your drawing of the R&K bottle? Fantastic!

I get to go to my first pen club meeting this week - P.E.N.S. in St. Paul, Minnesota, and this is reason enough for my first-ever use of the happy dance bunny :bunny01:

After nearly 25 years of collecting fountain pens I finally have a chance to rub shoulders with some like-minded folks. To make it better, the agenda includes a calligraphy demonstration and lesson from one of the club members, FPN's own Sinistral1. I've inked a fair pile of pens with flex nibs (and a couple of wide nibs, because really, they just rock) in anticipation of the meeting:

Here are the pens and inks written down (to help my aging mind keep track):

fpn_1384363864__img_7383_793x1024.jpg

And the pens, 1-12 are left to right

fpn_1384363942__img_7388_1024x897.jpg

And 13-17 are right to left (sorry about that):

fpn_1384364011__img_7393_611x1024.jpg

I know a few other FPNers are going to be there - if you are watching this thread, hope to see you on Friday!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

dcpritch, Pterodactylus, thank you.

I'll do my best not to no longer watch from afar but instead become a visible contributor.
Perhaps, a sketch or a scribble with a different pen & ink combo every now and then.