Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Phoenix, Arizona 84 degrees today, no sidewalks to shovel, Jody Arias may need a new lawyer ...

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

fpn_1365785766__pens.jpg

Skysora, once I tried Tomoe River paper I ordered some (which turned out to be not "some" but LOTS), now I rarely use other paper and sort of cringe when I have to. I suppose that makes me a paper snob, but I"ve been called worse. B)

Looks like you've got some Skyline love going on. :thumbup:

Looks like love for Wahls in all their forms

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uncle Red and dcpritch, Thanks to you both, as you well know that I wouldn't have gotten into vintage pens had it not been for this thread and all the "encouragement" I received :) Ok, no more pen purchases until the next Philly Show!

I am completely in love with Wahl pens. They look great and write great. My little jewels! :thumbup:

Edited by skysora

Skysora and DC, the Wahl, with the gold cap, is one of the most beautiful pens ever made.

And, DC, a Montblanc safety? That is just WOW.

Edited by akustyk

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

I've also recently gotten a cardinal Waterman pencil set and a Zebra V-301 (the Walgreens special...).

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/9582D6DD-F0A1-4E93-A5D6-D3F88DA0CEB8-53642-000008C9737B64C6.jpg

I bought the same pen at Walgreen's a couple of months ago; it costed only $4.50. It's amazing, the nib is very wet and writes right from the start. My only complaint is the cap.

Akustyk, here they are side-by-side, drawn with a cotton swab. The ink was still a little wet when I took the picture (not to mention it is snowing outside and not especially bright inside), and the colors will lighten a little as they dry, but I think you get a good representation of these two inks as compared with each other.

fpn_1365807367__img_3776_1024x539.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

fpn_1365808005__img_3778_1024x608.jpg

Sheaffer OS Lifetime Balance, stub nib, Iroshizuku kon-peki ink:

fpn_1365808054__img_3779_1024x354.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Akustyk, here they are side-by-side, drawn with a cotton swab. The ink was still a little wet when I took the picture (not to mention it is snowing outside and not especially bright inside), and the colors will lighten a little as they dry, but I think you get a good representation of these two inks as compared with each other.

fpn_1365807367__img_3776_1024x539.jpg

D.C., Thanks so much for this comparison! It's such a beautiful ink. I am going to put it on my wish list, or maybe get a sample first.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Wow! Such lovely posts, everyone! I don't want my blurry iPhone pics to tarnish the beauty here.

dc, don't worry, soon it will be lovely in Northern Minnesota and it will be 100 degrees for 30 straight days here in Dallas. :) And, I love the Verdigris - the shading is crazy!

akustyk, your Italic work looks fantastic.

mhphoto and bernardo, so let me get this straight, you guys bought that Zebra fountain pen at a Walgreen's? I'm fascinated by the presence of fountain pens in non--specialty shops. I love to peak in the pen aisle at Target when we're there.

Hello fellow FPNers.

Your amazing hand writing is something which I aspire to, however, having spent most of my 'writing-life' using a keyboard, my skills and underpinning experience are rather lacking. So I'm back to hand-writing pre-school. I thought I might concentrate on using only one nib-type as a way of reverse-engineering my "good" hand-writing development.

fpn_1365824959__italics_only.jpg

Thank you all for letting me share this journey with you. If anyone is willing to give me any tips, they would be gratefully received.

Thanks and best regards,

Steve.

Edited by SJH

I bought the same pen at Walgreen's a couple of months ago; it costed only $4.50. It's amazing, the nib is very wet and writes right from the start. My only complaint is the cap.

Mine was actually a very dry writer. I spread the tines a bit and now it's better, though it still needs a bit of tuning. And I hate the cap!! Not sure about yours, but mine fits so snugly that to get it off I have to pull with such a force that I really have to be careful to not fling ink everywhere. I was impressed with its heft though. After this cartridge runs dry I think I'll refill it with something fun. The black ink cartridge that's included really, well, sucks. :bonk:

Edited by mhphoto

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Hello fellow FPNers.

Your amazing hand writing is something which I aspire to, however, having spent most of my 'writing-life' using a keyboard, my skills and underpinning experience are rather lacking. So I'm back to hand-writing pre-school. I thought I might concentrate on using only one nib-type as a way of reverse-engineering my "good" hand-writing development.

fpn_1365824959__italics_only.jpg

Thank you all for letting me share this journey with you. If anyone is willing to give me any tips, they would be gratefully received.

Thanks and best regards,

Steve.

Wow, I think that bevy of beautiful Lamy's is fantastic!!!!

Steve, wander over to the Penmanship threads and there you will find lots and lots of info regarding italic writing, especially by Master Scribe Caliken! and if you have questions then the Master Scribe is full of help and advice, as is Mickey and a multitude of other very accomplished Scribes.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1366_zpsa926b7a7.jpg

Mine was actually a very dry writer. I spread the tines a bit and now it's better, though it still needs a bit of tuning. And I hate the cap!! Not sure about yours, but mine fits so snugly that to get it off I have to pull with such a force that I really have to be careful to not fling ink everywhere. I was impressed with its heft though. After this cartridge runs dry I think I'll refill it with something fun. The black ink cartridge that's included really, well, sucks. :bonk:

If yours is anything like mine, refilling the ink cartridge was an exercise in frustration... Not the actual filling, of course, but, that dry-writing pen turned it a completely unwilling writer... It was enough of a source of frustration that I ended up just throwing the pen away, rather than inflicting it on anybody else as a PIF... With its stock ink, it wrote fine, Walgreen's doesn't carry the refills, and I wasn't willing to order replacement cartridges for an ink that I wasn't excited about.

It seems, though, that every single person who has owned one of these has had a different experience, so, I'll keep my fingers crossed for yours! Pretty much every response to the thread about this pen has either been "I like it, but I hate the cap," or "I hate it." My own has been about the most middle-of the road on there...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1366_zpsa926b7a7.jpg

fpn_1365858138__skrip_red.jpg

Sheaffer Calligraphy Medium

Sheaffer Skrip Red

This little note pad from Christian Art Gifts is amazingly FP friendly!!

Edited by SJH

There is a pen gathering going on not too far from me today, but I wasn't able to make it. So I had a pen repair morning at home. I got this little Majestic up and running and I think I finally found the right pen (the Parker 25) to go with the Noodler's Old Manhattan black ink. But I realized that I have a dozen pens inked (all of which are in use, to different degrees) and another handful that need to be cleaned or that are clean and empty. So I'm using a lot, but here are the two most tinkered-with of the day.

Edited by goodpens