Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Nemosine Singularity - extra fine.

Typical day...........boring.....

TypicalDay.JPG

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

akustyk -- saw your post after I wrote my note. WOW. Just WOW. First the demonstrator, now Yamabudo AND italic hand??? Beautiful!

fpn_1365708529__photo.jpeg

OK, it isn't strictly the pen that I'm using (though that is pretty sweet,too), but, I had to share the ink sampler! I've been on a dipping frenzy this evening, putting together a catalog of all the ink samples I now have...For a guy normally into more somber tones, I have to admit, I am really jazzed about some of these! Fortunately, my daughter was in bed before I wrote with the pink... ;-)

fpn_1365722768__ink_sampler.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

20130411_203050.jpg

Uncle - had a hard time getting it... It required me to walk all the way to my mailbox & back... Brutal... :ltcapd: Seriously, though, the full name of the ink is Sailor Nagasawa Kobe - Shinkaichi Gold and, while you can get it via eBay (and I likely will), my sample came from Canada...

Hi Uncle Red!

Sorry about that :embarrassed_smile: I really need to learn how to slow down when I'm writing. I was just wondering if those little pens were meant for little kids--Pelikanos and Lamy ABCs of the past?

And yes, Salix is great with the Skyline nib that I have--a firm fine, I think. I love writing with it. :cloud9: I think I have a Demi and I write unposted. The gold filled cap is a bit too heavy when posted.

Zoniguana:

The ink samples make a very pretty tapestry. I would love to have someone knit me a sweater in that color combo.

Akustyk: That yellow Safari and Yamabudo look really great together.

Prvt Toter, try Scribal Workshop's Zhulong. Incredible red, works great on cheap paper, looks great out of a flex nib.

Who was it that asked about Whitelines? Here's a sample.

20130409_200001.jpg

20130409_200051.jpg

It was I who asked, I may still try a pad of whitelines.

The whitelines pad seems to have handled a lot of wet ink pens well. The bleed through just can not be eliminated with wetter pens or paper that is not high gloss or super dense/heavy.

I keep a pad of this paper on my desk, for letter writing.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/ellaquine/DSC_0267_zps0c65a6ed.jpg

Writing with my TWSBI mini EF with a bit of Iroshizuku Ku-jaku in it. ^_^

Wish, welcome to the thread. Your writing looks great with the EF nib - I wish my writing was as practiced but it just doesn't work with narrow nibs.

I inked up a couple of extra pens today in honor of the blizzard raging outside:

fpn_1365779684__img_3738_807x1024.jpg

1920s Montblanc 25 Masterpiece Safety with 18 ct. OBB nib, using Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris:

fpn_1365779759__montblanc_25_obb_1_1024x703.jpg

Eversharp Skyline Presentation Demi in burgundy, 14k "banner style" F nib, using Visconti Bordeaux:

fpn_1365779864__img_3730_1024x830.jpg

I've been told it is April, and I've heard there may be places in the world where it isn't snowing. I'd like to know where, and whether there might be openings for a lawyer. Here's a picture of the back entrance to my office this morning. I'd already shoveled once and it filled in again, so this time I just made a path to the door.

fpn_1365780127__img_3724_1024x1016.jpg

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

1920s Montblanc 25 Masterpiece Safety with 18 ct. OBB nib, using Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris:

Eversharp Skyline Presentation Demi in burgundy, 14k "banner style" F nib, using Visconti Bordeaux:

I've been told it is April, and I've heard there may be places in the world where it isn't snowing. I'd like to know where, and whether there might be openings for a lawyer. Here's a picture of the back entrance to my office this morning. I'd already shoveled once and it filled in again, so this time I just made a path to the door.

fpn_1365784234__snow2.jpg

Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise:water 1:1

LAMY 1.1mm

FPN Notebook

Edited by SJH

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/ellaquine/DSC_0267_zps0c65a6ed.jpg

Writing with my TWSBI mini EF with a bit of Iroshizuku Ku-jaku in it. ^_^

Awesome photo, I am looking to get that very pen... too much inspiration for my checkbook on this thread...

RW

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

The Waterman 0942 1/2 V ran dry while I was writing, it worked for days though.

Don't forget the arduous task of going to the mailbox to get it, once you find it! :-)

Wish, welcome to the thread. Your writing looks great with the EF nib - I wish my writing was as practiced but it just doesn't work with narrow nibs.

I inked up a couple of extra pens today in honor of the blizzard raging outside:

fpn_1365779684__img_3738_807x1024.jpg

Dcpritch - Phoenix, Arizona 84 degrees today, no sidewalks to shovel, Jody Arias may need a new lawyer, as hers looks like he may bust a blood vessel in his head if he cross examines another witness.

Phoenix, Arizona 84 degrees today, no sidewalks to shovel, Jody Arias may need a new lawyer ...

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

fpn_1365785766__pens.jpg

Skysora, once I tried Tomoe River paper I ordered some (which turned out to be not "some" but LOTS), now I rarely use other paper and sort of cringe when I have to. I suppose that makes me a paper snob, but I"ve been called worse. B)

Looks like you've got some Skyline love going on. :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch