Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

JazzDoc, I love the distinctiveness of your writing!

Here's what I just inked up, an OMAS Arte Italiana Milord (old style), with a HT 18k 1.1mm stub nib by Greg Minuskin, using Diamine Teal. One of my top five favorite stub nibs.

I just LOVE OMAS! Both of your pens are beautiful!

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wet Noodle play...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/b_d_bop/FPN-4-3_zps4b734030.jpg

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/akustyk/CAM00496-1_zps46c70792.jpg

akustyk - Very nice handwriting, like the font.

Here is what I wanted to show off the other day!

fpn_1365039434__trio.jpg

Edited by tringle

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s458/liturgicsjay/2A9C58C3-AFE1-4F83-9D9D-4D3183AA5F2B-698-0000003F5B742EF6_zpscf0cbfa8.jpg

mukukaduk - Welcome to the SHOW US YOUR PENS thread, I just learned how to post my pics today so I will spread the information.

Hi Troy, I use the Upload tab at the top right of each FPN page. The instructions are here and are very easy to follow. Once you use the Upload feature a couple of times you will be a pro at it. One key to uploading via FPN in this manner is to always copy and past the middle code - the "BBCode" (when I say middle you'll know what I mean once you upload the first time - there are three codes that appear below your uploaded picture and the middle code is the one I'm talking about). Apparently there is a technical reason I don't know which makes the BBCode best, but I do know that I've always used the BBCode for uploads and my pictures always appear in threads - they never disappear if either the host or your account has trouble which sometimes happens if you use a photo hosting site.

BTW - Very nice Sailor, I have the EF nib and I fumble to use it because of the precision, I should have gotten the medium.

TMR

Sharing what I am writing and what I am writing with... journal entry in my moleskine using Esterbrook J with 9128 nib and Registrars Ink.

fpn_1365051315__journalentry.jpg

Mukukaduk --> Nice sailor... welcome aboard.

fpn_1365051438__more_responses.jpg

can't keep up... more posted before I can upload and post... :notworthy1:

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

A couple more samples from Arizona, I really am frustrated with my Sailor 1911, I love the nib but I think its too much for me...... Orrrr it was another Needful Thing purchase??? Hmmmm

fpn_1365056390__watermanspink.jpg

fpn_1365056482__sailoref.jpg

:bonk:

PvtToter - Yes the Starry would make a fantastic drawing pen. IF I could draw!

Edited by tringle

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/DSCN1342_zpsbb4c238b.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/8177/j490.jpg

(Waterman 45 BCHR Safety ..... P.W. Akkerman Oranje Boven)

Edited by Pterodactylus

I'm just kidding!! Having a Sasha Royale moment this side! :roflmho:

It is Diamine Presidential Blue and the pen is a Lamy Vista with a 1.9 Italic nib.

Hi inkheart its a cheap plastic parker pen

Does anyone onow where I can buy a pen repair kit.

Ideally with a #16 sac

Some talc

Some shellac

I have some esties coming that need a bit of love....

hey guys its been like a week and suddenly i have.....

post-102276-0-85168700-1364928897.jpg

7 fountain pens, and thats not including my Esties.. (or should that be Esti plura!!!)

dan

Dan, what is the pen 3rd one from the left? It looks muchly like my very first FP back in high school... :)

I'm just kidding!! Having a Sasha Royale moment this side! :roflmho:

It is Diamine Presidential Blue and the pen is a Lamy Vista with a 1.9 Italic nib.

Merci :)

In the ink reviews it never looked so bright and with so much shading.

I think I have to get a bottle.

I had to share this with you kind scribes.

My Waterman 52 returned after its third world trip! It's so good to have it back.cloud9.gif

I've spent so much time using italics that I'm going to have to retrain, (not that I was an expert in the first place!), to use a wet noodle.

This just reinforces my belief that Waterman make great pens and this shows they have been doing so for a century! thumbup.gif

The FPN goodies also arrived today too!bunny01.gif

The notebook paper is smooth and the pages alternate lined/blank.

fpn_1364895205__fpn_and_52.jpg

Best regards,

Steve.

Where can I get one of the badges/buttons from?

Edited by The Good Captain

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I had to share this with you kind scribes.

My Waterman 52 returned after its third world trip! It's so good to have it back.cloud9.gif

I've spent so much time using italics that I'm going to have to retrain, (not that I was an expert in the first place!), to use a wet noodle.

This just reinforces my belief that Waterman make great pens and this shows they have been doing so for a century! thumbup.gif

The FPN goodies also arrived today too!bunny01.gif

The notebook paper is smooth and the pages alternate lined/blank.

fpn_1364895205__fpn_and_52.jpg

Best regards,

Steve.

Where can I get one of the badges/buttons from?

It's OK - I've found them!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1347_zps120937f0.jpg

Thanks, Stompie! I'll try to get hold of Gum Arabic. Where do one buy this substance? Oooo, I love that red homebrew of yours! I'm waiting for a red Sheaffer pen to hit my postbox (like quinden's beautiful Sheaffer), and this ink would be perfect for it :cloud9:

I'm also waiting.. and waiting... and waiting... for the postman to deliver three Japanese pens and four ink bottles to me! I'm caught in a time loop, I think, cause they never show up! :bonk:

And to all of you FPN'ers:

I'm sorry I keep repeating myself, but it can't be said enough: Thank you all for making this thread such an interesting place to return to, again and again. It's addictive!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

Hi inkheart its a cheap plastic parker pen

hey guys its been like a week and suddenly i have.....

post-102276-0-85168700-1364928897.jpg

7 fountain pens, and thats not including my Esties.. (or should that be Esti plura!!!)

dan

Dan, what is the pen 3rd one from the left? It looks muchly like my very first FP back in high school... :)

Hi Dan- I could kind of see that much LOL! I was hoping to find out what that particular pen was called. I've not been able to pin it down here or online and don't even know if it's made anymore. (High school was, um, some time back. :embarrassed_smile: ) Thank you for your response though; I'll keep my eyes open. :)

Today:

post-98992-0-61370100-1365085099.jpg

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe