Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

Tringle, if you hang around here much longer, I guarantee that you'll be branching out with other colors. I think I've added six new colors to my palate just in the last few months and all because of these wonderful people! thumbup.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Revdr

I really look forward to branching out to other inks, I really like the choices available. Change is sooo difficult!! But I look forward to my conversion.

TMR

Revdr

I really look forward to branching out to other inks, I really like the choices available. Change is sooo difficult!! But I look forward to my conversion.

TMR

Tringle, the journey is a delight... I was a "black ink only" kinda dude for a long time... Gave a try to the blue-black, and dug it... Tried a completely random direction and went down the red ink path... Then went into the greens - really digging the super-dark green inks, and now I have a ton of samples coming in other colors I haven't yet tried, and I can't WAIT to see what directions I take from there...

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Revdr

TMR

I hear ya on the whole change is difficult. In my ten years of using fountain pens I've gone through four phases of ink. Montblanc Blue-black in elementary school and high school, Private Reserve Naples Blue in my first year of college, Akkerman Garuda Rood in my second and third years, and finally Aurora black in my final and current year. I've tried others throughout the years...a couple of Noodler's but, I just don't like that ink, other Akkerman inks (Garuda Rood is still my favorite) and a few others. I seem to settle on one kind of ink for specific periods due to convenience.

Revdr

TMR

I hear ya on the whole change is difficult. In my ten years of using fountain pens I've gone through four phases of ink. Montblanc Blue-black in elementary school and high school, Private Reserve Naples Blue in my first year of college, Akkerman Garuda Rood in my second and third years, and finally Aurora black in my final and current year. I've tried others throughout the years...a couple of Noodler's but, I just don't like that ink, other Akkerman inks (Garuda Rood is still my favorite) and a few others. I seem to settle on one kind of ink for specific periods due to convenience.

I am the same. When I was using a fountain pen in school, I thought there was only one ink, the ink that I now know as Parker Blue-Black. Even today, with all the FPN influences and countless choices available, I am still along the blue - black continuum, with a couple of exceptions. Recently, thanks to posts on this thread, I got Waterman's Purple and Iroshizuku Yama-guri. Both inks are nice, but I am still getting used to seeing anything other than a blue or black ink on the page :)

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

I haven't got my red combo sorted-out yet, but yours looks gr8!

PR Sherwood Green

P.S. My wife only lets me use the ink that matches the current tableclothgaah.gif and I have no idea why?

Oh thank you! It does make me happy. I'm silly that way. I LOVE your green today! Is that a Phileas? Lovely script!! :thumbup:

fpn_1364875185__photo-76.jpg

One cannot have too many pens inked and ready for use, never know what pen or what nib may be needed. I still have four, ehh five sometimes six inked and standing ready. All of course in blue. I may branch out one day, I do like the Diamine pumpkin.

TMR

Agree 110%!!!

These are all inked and ready for action.

I realise how fortunate I am in that I may use as many of these as I wish, every day, at work. cloud9.gif

I can't bring myself to leave any at home.

fpn_1364882528__all_fps3.jpg

One cannot have too many pens inked and ready for use, never know what pen or what nib may be needed. I still have four, ehh five sometimes six inked and standing ready. All of course in blue. I may branch out one day, I do like the Diamine pumpkin.

TMR

Agree 110%!!!

These are all inked and ready for action.

I realise how fortunate I am in that I may use as many of these as I wish, every day, at work. cloud9.gif

I can't bring myself to leave any at home.

fpn_1364882528__all_fps3.jpg

SJH - Very nice collection. I have a carrying case which I think may fit some of my favorite things.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1338_zps5171aff0.jpg

Revdr

TMR

fpn_1364885257__colours_final.jpg

I love all your dip pen nib fountain pens! :notworthy1:

Edited by line
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

I had to share this with you kind scribes.

My Waterman 52 returned after its third world trip! It's so good to have it back.cloud9.gif

I've spent so much time using italics that I'm going to have to retrain, (not that I was an expert in the first place!), to use a wet noodle.

This just reinforces my belief that Waterman make great pens and this shows they have been doing so for a century! thumbup.gif

The FPN goodies also arrived today too!bunny01.gif

The notebook paper is smooth and the pages alternate lined/blank.

fpn_1364895205__fpn_and_52.jpg

Best regards,

Steve.

fpn_1364902031__stompie_fpn.jpg

P.S. I love your work! It's an inspiration to me to keep trying, thank you.

Edited by SJH

Now that my greatly missed flexy '52 has returned, a formal introduction is called for:

fpn_1364909245__rrhr.jpg

Paper: FPN notebook.

P.S. It's VintagePen.Net (no 's'). {Yes, this is a blatant plug for a FP Craftsman}

Edited by SJH

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/akustyk/CAM00492_zpsf3f1444d.jpg

fpn_1364914563__akustyk_52.jpg

P.S. You have some very nice writing instruments!thumbup.gif

fpn_1364909245__rrhr.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/DSCN1342_zpsbb4c238b.jpg

Now that my greatly missed flexy '52 has returned, a formal introduction is called for:

fpn_1364909245__rrhr.jpg

Paper: FPN notebook.

P.S. It's VintagePen.Net (no 's'). {Yes, this is a blatant plug for a FP Craftsman}

I may have some business for your friend Mauricio.

Ok, I am blown away with the Ripple... that s AWESOME... :puddle:

fpn_1364922383__essri_modified.jpg

and I will be adding another shelf here soon :embarrassed_smile:

fpn_1364921548__inkcabinet.jpg

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!