Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

--------fountain pen ink... yet....this forum is changng my mind in all that.

Let me help you!

fpn_1364650542__colour_inks_1.jpg

fpn_1364650735__colour_inks_2.jpg

Happy Easter.

Edited by SJH

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In other news, I think I'm going to send the Model T back. SJH, I tried your trick, and it just didn't work for very long. The seller's disclaimer said he would take any pen that didn't meet the satisfaction of the buyer. So I think I'll take him up on that.

fpn_1364651684__rev_jay.jpg

I use watercolors, inks, and varous forms of prismacolor markers and pencls... I have quite a few inks, but not many colors of purly fountain pen ink... yet....this forum is changng my mind in all that.

SJH that purple is exquisit.

Wondering for those that have both... Vac 700 or Mini? Which is your go to.

RW

I now have both the Vac 700 and the Mini. Both are very good pens, built very well, with a good, solid feel. Both pens wrote very good out-of-the-box, but improved over time (a short break-in period). The Vac 700 requires that you unscrew the blind cap for proper flow. Even after you remove the rubber gasket, I find that you still have to unscrew the blind cap and pull it very gently for the rod to retract from the lip of the barrel. Sounds crazy, but that's what I found. Perhaps my pen is odd in that way.

The Mini is more portable, but when posted feels like a decent-size pen. The Mini has a smaller nib, and that makes a difference in the writing experience, not better, not worse, just different. In terms of smoothness, both are quite smooth, but my Mini is a bit smoother, but I also have had it longer, so maybe the Vac 700 will get as smooth over time. Flow is about the same in both pens, medium-wet, maybe 7/10 or so.

The Vac feels huge by comparison, and I prefer the smaller Mini because of its portability. It also has some intangible "feel" to it that I happen to like a lot. The Mini is cheaper.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Diamine Red Dragon in my Waterman Expert II:

Giving up on edit since forum and iPad won't play nicely together. :(

It was a pretty picture too...

Edited by Inkheart

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SJH - WOW! Decisions, decisions, decisions... I have a bottle of Diamine Registrars ink on order, and looking at either the PR Electric DC blue or Baystate Blue and adding a bottle PR Sherwood green. Looking for well behaved inks for taking to work...ie copy paper. Your color spectrum has me rethinking yet again. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and post. It is a definite help.

Akustyk... I have been looking at the all black mini, but so far I keep winning the vintage pens and have not stepped up to order the modern mini... maybe it is time.

Edited because I can not spell...

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

I just looove this thread. Keep bringing on the pretty pens and inks. For this week, I decided to ogle the Bexley Americanas.

fpn_1364667445__p1000196.jpg

An eye for insignificant details is a good sign you will do just fine in medical school...

As a sharp wit and powerful sarcasm is a sign that you already have.

Somebody

I just looove this thread. Keep bringing on the pretty pens and inks. For this week, I decided to ogle the Bexley Americanas.

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :bawl: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1336_zps5f38f899.jpg

Gulp... lost my breath looking at this... Beautiful pens.... and the INK... Adding Rio Grande Red to my to have list...

Thanks for sharing..

RW

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

fpn_1364685736__bbw.jpg

fpn_1364685789__prera.jpg

Holy cow... I thought the Ahab had a needle tip, but, holy smokes... This thing makes Lamy's XF nib look like a chisel! Wonder just how small I can write with it??

Thanks, Cyber6!! This is gonna be FUN!

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Bet I could get it even smaller and still have it as close to legible as my handwriting allows...

fpn_1364690155__smaller.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/akustyk/CAM00484_zps2e8e0aa7.jpg

fpn_1364696648__bsb.jpg

I had to add this close-up as I feel I did not do such a beautiful pen justice with my photography. Even now, I still don't think the image conveys just how good this model looks.

The colour of the ink is truer if you click on the image.

fpn_1364697073__french_blue_expert_11.jpg

Edited by SJH

Holy cow... I thought the Ahab had a needle tip, but, holy smokes... This thing makes Lamy's XF nib look like a chisel! Wonder just how small I can write with it??

Thanks, Cyber6!! This is gonna be FUN!

No problem. Enjoy...

That looks like an XXF :yikes:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/akustyk/CAM00485-1_zpsf1fd5e65.jpg

fpn_1364704155__french_ruled_paper.jpg

Oh no, I lost it at the end?

Neatness is just NOT Natural!!!!wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Huntbuck/easter_zps89580198.jpg

Steve...I have the expert in silver... had it for about three years before I inked it up... bought in on the bay because it came with a new bottle of florida blue and was going for less than the bottle of ink... after this forum started, it prompted me to look in my box... it is a really nice pen...I have been usinig it at work for a few weeks now, really a nice balance, and look. The blue version is stellar!

That Baystate Blue is taunting me... in my sleep it tells me we need to meet... YES IT IS A SICKNESS...

thinking about diamine pumkin as well...

Edited by Prvt. Toter