Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

After reading through this thread with all its fantastic pens and nibs, I'm kind of getting an inferiority complex! My Lamy Safaris seem very entry-level in comparison. I need to branch out in my pens I think! I just love brightly-colored pens, and a lot of the more traditional brands just seem ugly to me. :P

fpn_1362776401__20130308_133334.jpg

Oooo nice colors, both the inks and the pens :-)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll write with my Frankenstein esterbrooks in a bit

Signature left blank per new rules...

Yeah, what he (JohnMarra) said.

I really (read REALLY) like the performance of the Lamy pens, unfortunately I am left handed so the fit is a bit of a challange for me. I still love them, easy to use, easy to dissassemble and clean...and they work WONDERFULLY.

I bought my Alstar with a 1.5 spare nib, I then proceeded to grind it for a left hand oblique and as such it is one of my favorites, even though the grip is not LH friendly.

Someday I will try the LH version...if they stll make it.

RW

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

I've never owned or used a lamy...may have to, but I'm left handed as well

Signature left blank per new rules...

No .. No.. The Ochre should be in the Orange one, and the Meadow in the Green one....

.... Sorry, that is my OCD talking... :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Huntbuck/DSCN1444_zps13979ce9.jpg

What pen would you reccomend for an eight year old?

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/hellomms/Pen%20and%20Ink/e9733596-806c-42ad-84b0-90c1eb020be4.jpg

I don't rely too frequently, but try to read this daily. Love the pens and especially the handwriting.

post-33723-0-32084200-1362805217.jpg

post-33723-0-16057600-1362805241.jpg

Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

20130308_130249.jpg

Thank you Uncle Red for your guidance on my purchase. When i get it, i will post some pics and maybe you can educate me more on my acquisition. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

You find the greatest people in the FPN community!

Mike, in Richmond, VA

No .. No.. The Ochre should be in the Orange one, and the Meadow in the Green one....

.... Sorry, that is my OCD talking... :embarrassed_smile:

Hi, I'm with ya....It's just not natural!!!

fpn_1362814924__matching_pen_and_ink_colours1.jpg

Well done Steve! :thumbup:

Like you, I've never had a problem being OCD (for example - get this - once I put green ink in a black pen!), but the color of ink in my Bexley Corona shown above is a little too indigo so I'm probably going to change to Diamine Misty Blue, a closer match to the barrel color. Just a thought. It hasn't been bugging me every single moment since I inked that pen. Not at all. I feel better just making mention of it. In fact, I may not even change the ink. At least, not immediately; maybe later today ...

On the other hand, Cyber6, with that outburst, well, she should probably get some help, don't you think? Way far gone. <<disconsolately shakes head>>

Edited by dcpritch

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Like you, I've never had a problem being OCD (for example - get this - once I put green ink in a black pen!), but the color of ink in my Bexley Corona shown above is a little too indigo so I'm probably going to change to Diamine Misty Blue, a closer match to the barrel color. Just a thought. It hasn't been bugging me every single moment since I inked that pen. Not at all. I feel better just making mention of it.

Awright people; you should know, OCD has been re-named. It is now CDO, so the letters will be in the right blasted order! :roflmho:

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1278_zpse5f08a24.jpg

Awright people; you should know, OCD has been re-named. It is now CDO, so the letters will be in the right blasted order! :roflmho:

:ltcapd:

Stompie, the folks on your mailing list must RUN to their mailboxes to see if a letter has come from you!

Z, you and cyber6 could maybe get a group rate for some counseling. Not me, though, I'm fine.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Stompie, the folks on your mailing list must RUN to their mailboxes to see if a letter has come from you!

Z, you and cyber6 could maybe get a group rate for some counseling. Not me, though, I'm fine.

fpn_1362831445__recipe.jpg

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Like you, I've never had a problem being OCD (for example - get this - once I put green ink in a black pen!), but the color of ink in my Bexley Corona shown above is a little too indigo so I'm probably going to change to Diamine Misty Blue, a closer match to the barrel color. Just a thought. It hasn't been bugging me every single moment since I inked that pen. Not at all. I feel better just making mention of it. In fact, I may not even change the ink. At least, not immediately; maybe later today ...

On the other hand, Cyber6, with that outburst, well, she should probably get some help, don't you think? Way far gone. <<disconsolately shakes head>>

fpn_1362832528__dcprich1.jpg

Edited by SJH

Good ones, Don't look!

fpn_1362835183__norty_111s.jpg

P.S. zoniguana, I hope you checked you turned the oven off....LOTS OF TIMES!

Edited by SJH

Or for the Really Hard Cases; have a long look at this!!

The NIBS TOOpuddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gifpuddle.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Comfort eye-candy!

fpn_1362839502__preppy.jpg

Not too long, you will OD. (Not related to OCD, oops I meant CDO, sorry z!)

{Acknowledgement: Reading akustyk's sage advice reminded me of these little beauties}

Edited by SJH